Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club
Reload this Page >

Wiki: Back-to-back / immediate turnarounds at Cathay destinations

Wiki: Back-to-back / immediate turnarounds at Cathay destinations

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 9, 19, 10:25 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
On the back of a similar thread on the BAEC board, it may be helpful for those going on miles / tier point runs to know which destinations are preferable for back-to-back / immediate turnarounds.

Thanks to all who have contributed so far. Please add to the below if you have experience of this at any Cathay destinations (edit the wiki below directly if you have recent experience of any destination or you are 100% certain)

Definitions:
- Excellent: you will leave the aircraft and find yourself in the boarding area for departure ("Changi T1, T2, T3 model but not T4, CX's terminal" - no segregation of arriving and departing passengers)
- Good: you have to clear central security and/or immigration before reboarding, but the typical walking + queuing time required and the aircraft turnaround time should be fine
- Possible: you have to clear central security and/or immigration before reboarding, but the typical walking + queuing time required and the aircraft turnaround time make this more risky
- Not possible

Mainland China: Not possible, especially back-to-back (same aircraft)
BCN: good (though note it is a 6-hour turnaround so will need to wait)
BOS: possible (though will need to go through immigration and customs and reenter via landside) Although Immigration lines can be atrocious at BOS, there are very few international flights landing at that hour, so it should be reasonable.
CDG: good (though BAEC board does not think so)
CGK: possible (unhelpful transit desk; APEC cardholders may find it more predictable to exit and reenter via landside)
CMB: excellent (though need to print return CMB-HKG boarding pass in advance - see separate thread)
DAD: not possible for U-turns.
EWR: possible (though need to clear immigration and customs and reenter via landside)
HAN: not possible for U-turns.
HKG: good (still need to reclear central security, but efficient. May require high speed walking depending on respective arrival and departure gates. No immigration required)
HND: good (need to clear security; ample time buffer)
ICN: good (transfer security available at satellite terminal - no need to take train to main terminal, no immigration)
JFK: possible for CX846/845 and CX888/841 (though need to clear immigration and customs and reenter via landside). Not possible for other flights
JNB: good (though note it is a 6-hour turnaround so will need to wait)
KHH: good
KTM: Possible, but get ISM to notify ground staff so they will assign an escort to take you through all the step. Not Possible without escort
KUL: excellent
LAX: possible for CX880/881 (though need to clear immigration and customs and reenter via landside). Not possible for other flights
LHR: These are 2 hour transit time combos: CX257/238; CX239/256; CX253/254. Walk to gate 3x can be LONG; intermediate transit security area.
Morning arrivals require 6 hrs transit times for 1200ish departures
MAD: good (though note it is a 6-hour turnaround so will need to wait)
MXP: good (though note it is a 6-hour turnaround so will need to wait)
MLE: good (subject to update on separate thread)
MNL: good (best to plan your turnaround on the next flight to be safe. CX906/900 and 918/902/934 depart close to each other to minimise time wastage). No need to clear immigration however your passport will be taken for processing which may take as much as 30-40 minutes.
NRT: possible (need to clear security; tighter turnarounds)
ORD: not possible
PEK: n/a - regular delays mean this is not a viable miles run route (only try to do so if you have a flex ticket)
PVG: n/a - regular delays mean this is not a viable miles run route
SFO: possible for CX872/873 and CX892/893 (though need to clear immigration and customs and reenter via landside). Not possible for other flights
SGN: not possible for U-turns.
SIN: possible, T4-T4 transit may pose some surprise to the staff
SYD: good - transit security but no immigration needed
TPE: good (still need to reclear central security, but efficient and usually empty transit facility)
XMN: not possible
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Oct 23, 18, 5:34 pm
  #151  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 27,925
Originally Posted by pochi View Post
i got mainland travel permit for HK and MO resident. Is that count?
You need to apply for echannel upon entry once. I'm not sure whether your travel permit will qualify you.
moondog is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 18, 6:35 pm
  #152  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: HKG,SIN,CAN
Programs: CX SL, HU Gold, JL
Posts: 59
Originally Posted by moondog View Post
You need to apply for echannel upon entry once. I'm not sure whether your travel permit will qualify you.
I do use my permit for echannel in shenzhen and i do remember i can pass thr PVG's one
pochi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 18, 9:30 pm
  #153  
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: HKG
Programs: Depends
Posts: 14,033
Originally Posted by pochi View Post
I do use my permit for echannel in shenzhen and i do remember i can pass thr PVG's one
Same
Even after renewal (first register Shenzhen Lohu, can use PVG. Renew but not deliberately register, can use KMG)
percysmith is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 18, 6:51 am
  #154  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: HKG,SIN,CAN
Programs: CX SL, HU Gold, JL
Posts: 59
Just notice that

KMG- Kunming Changshui International Airport (China)

Minimum connection time is 20 mins
and CX's website can purchase turnaround ticket.
fairhsa likes this.
pochi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 18, 10:37 pm
  #155  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Programs: MPC GO, SPG/Marriott Gold
Posts: 10
Just did a BKK b2b, it was "good" with time to spare for lounge. Just need to look for the right security check point.
hahaton2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 18, 6:46 am
  #156  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Posts: 818
Originally Posted by hahaton2 View Post
Just did a BKK b2b, it was "good" with time to spare for lounge. Just need to look for the right security check point.
Thanks - feel free to edit the sticky at the top of the thread directly
Too much travel is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 18, 6:51 pm
  #157  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat
Posts: 343
Originally Posted by hahaton2 View Post
Just did a BKK b2b, it was "good" with time to spare for lounge. Just need to look for the right security check point.
Thanks for the info. Does it require immigration clearance? I recall that it could be a very lengthy process.
SLGO is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 18, 1:25 am
  #158  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: TPE, CGK
Programs: GFF Plat, CX DM, SQ PPS, SPG Plat
Posts: 173
Originally Posted by SLGO View Post

Thanks for the info. Does it require immigration clearance? I recall that it could be a very lengthy process.
No need if you have an onward boarding pass
HaikalS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 18, 1:53 am
  #159  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Programs: Cathay Pacific
Posts: 29
Originally Posted by HaikalS View Post
No need if you have an onward boarding pass
even you don't have an onward boarding pass, I think there are Airlines check in counter in arrival floor, so I m pretty sure that you don't need to pass through the customs.
eric0429 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 18, 2:46 am
  #160  
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TPE & RMQ
Programs: CX MPO SL, IHG Spire, Hertz 5*, National Emerald Club
Posts: 3,917
Originally Posted by pochi View Post
Just notice that

KMG- Kunming Changshui International Airport (China)

Minimum connection time is 20 mins
and CX's website can purchase turnaround ticket.
That's domestic-domestic (even in that case there are many exceptions). It's one hour for international.

Code:
T*CT-KMG«                                                       
STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.                                 
ONLINE    .20  1.00  1.00  1.00                                 
OFFLINE   .20  1.00  1.00  1.00                                 
** OR * ARE ALL                                                 
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - FLT 1151 - 1200                
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 3201 - 3300 - FLT 3201 - 3300                
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 3301 - 3900 - FLT 3301 - 3900                
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - FLT 4075 - 4098                
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - FLT 4600 - 5000                
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - FLT 8001 - 8100                
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - FLT 8401 - 8450                
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - FLT 8701 - 8900                
CA-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 1151 - 1200                           
CA-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 3201 - 3300                           
CA-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 3301 - 3900                           
CA-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 4075 - 4098                           
CA-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 4600 - 5000                           
CA-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 8001 - 8100                           
CA-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 8401 - 8450                           
CA-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 8701 - 8900                           
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL                            
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 3201 - 3300 - ALL                            
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 3301 - 3900 - ALL  ‡                         
MD«                                                             
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL                           ‡
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL                            
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL                            
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL                            
CA-CA DD  2.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL                            
CA-CA DD  1.30                                                  
CZ-CZ DD  2.00                                                  
FM-FM DD  1.15                                                  
GS-GS DD  2.00                                                  
GX-GX DD  1.40                                                  
JD-JD DD  1.40                                                  
MU-MU DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT  597                                  
MU-MU DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT  745                                  
MU-MU DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT  747                                  
MU-MU DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT  783                                  
MU-MU DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 2011                                  
MU-MU DD  2.00 FLT  598 - ALL                                   
MU-MU DD  2.00 FLT  748 - ALL                                   
MU-MU DD  2.00 FLT  784 - ALL                                   
MU-MU DD  1.15                                                  
PN-PN DD  2.00                                                  
SC-SC DD  2.00                                                  
ZH-ZH DD  2.00                                                 ‡
MD«                                                             
3U-3U DD  1.30                                                 ‡
8L-8L DD  1.40                                                  
CN-GX DD  1.40                                                  
CN-JD DD  1.40                                                  
CN-PN DD  1.40                                                  
CN-UQ DD  1.40                                                  
CN-Y8 DD  1.40                                                  
CN-8L DD  1.40                                                  
FM-KN DD  1.15                                                  
FM-MU DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT  597                                  
FM-MU DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT  745                                  
FM-MU DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT  747                                  
FM-MU DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT  783                                  
FM-MU DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 2011                                  
FM-MU DD  1.15                                                  
FU-GX DD  1.40                                                  
FU-JD DD  1.40                                                  
FU-PN DD  1.40                                                  
FU-UQ DD  1.40                                                  
FU-Y8 DD  1.40                                                  
FU-8L DD  1.40                                                  
GS-GX DD  1.40                                                  
GS-JD DD  1.40                                                 ‡
MD«                                                             
GS-PN DD  1.40                                                 ‡
GS-UQ DD  1.40                                                  
GS-Y8 DD  1.40                                                  
GS-8L DD  1.40                                                  
GT-GX DD  1.40                                                  
GT-JD DD  1.40                                                  
GT-PN DD  1.40                                                  
GT-UQ DD  1.40                                                  
GT-Y8 DD  1.40                                                  
GT-8L DD  1.40                                                  
GX-CN DD  1.40                                                  
GX-FU DD  1.40                                                  
GX-GT DD  1.40                                                  
GX-HU DD  1.40                                                  
GX-JD DD  1.40                                                  
GX-PN DD  1.40                                                  
GX-UQ DD  1.40                                                  
GX-Y8 DD  1.40                                                  
GX-8L DD  1.40                                                  
GX-9H DD  1.40                                                  
HU-GX DD  1.40                                                  
HU-JD DD  1.40                                                  
HU-PN DD  1.40                                                 ‡
MD«                                                             
HU-UQ DD  1.40                                                 ‡
HU-Y8 DD  1.40                                                  
HU-8L DD  1.40                                                  
JD-CN DD  1.40                                                  
JD-FU DD  1.40                                                  
JD-GS DD  1.40                                                  
JD-GT DD  1.40                                                  
JD-GX DD  1.40                                                  
JD-HU DD  1.40                                                  
JD-PN DD  1.40                                                  
JD-UQ DD  1.40                                                  
JD-Y8 DD  1.40                                                  
JD-8L DD  1.40                                                  
KN-FM DD  1.15                                                  
KN-MU DD  1.15                                                  
MU-FM DD  2.00 FLT  598 - ALL                                   
MU-FM DD  2.00 FLT  748 - ALL                                   
MU-FM DD  2.00 FLT  784 - ALL                                   
MU-FM DD  1.15                                                  
MU-KN DD  1.15                                                  
PN-CN DD  1.40                                                  
PN-FU DD  1.40                                                  
PN-GS DD  2.00                                                 ‡
MD«                                                             
PN-GT DD  1.40                                                 ‡
PN-GX DD  1.40                                                  
PN-HU DD  1.40                                                  
PN-JD DD  1.40                                                  
PN-UQ DD  1.40                                                  
PN-Y8 DD  1.40                                                  
PN-8L DD  1.40                                                  
UQ-CN DD  1.40                                                  
UQ-FU DD  1.40                                                  
UQ-GT DD  1.40                                                  
UQ-GX DD  1.40                                                  
UQ-HU DD  1.40                                                  
UQ-JD DD  1.40                                                  
UQ-PN DD  1.40                                                  
UQ-Y8 DD  1.40                                                  
UQ-8L DD  1.40                                                  
Y8-CN DD  1.40                                                  
Y8-FU DD  1.40                                                  
Y8-GT DD  1.40                                                  
Y8-GX DD  1.40                                                  
Y8-HU DD  1.40                                                  
Y8-JD DD  1.40                                                  
Y8-PN DD  1.40                                                 ‡
MD«                                                             
Y8-UQ DD  1.40                                                 ‡
Y8-8L DD  1.40                                                  
8L-CN DD  1.40                                                  
8L-FU DD  1.40                                                  
8L-GS DD  2.00                                                  
8L-GT DD  1.40                                                  
8L-GX DD  1.40                                                  
8L-HU DD  1.40                                                  
8L-JD DD  1.40                                                  
8L-PN DD  1.40                                                  
8L-UQ DD  1.40                                                  
8L-Y8 DD  1.40                                                  
9H-GX DD  1.40                                                  
9H-JD DD  1.40                                                  
9H-PN DD  1.40                                                  
9H-UQ DD  1.40                                                  
9H-Y8 DD  1.40                                                  
**-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 1151 - 1200                           
**-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 3201 - 3300                           
**-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 3301 - 3900                           
**-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 4075 - 4098                           
**-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 4600 - 5000                           
**-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 8001 - 8100                          ‡
MD«                                                             
**-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 8401 - 8450                          ‡
**-CA DD  2.00 ALL  - FLT 8701 - 8900                           
**-CA DD  1.30                                                  
**-CZ DD  2.00                                                  
**-GS DD  1.40                                                  
**-HU DD  1.40                                                  
**-JD DD  1.30                                                  
**-MU DD  2.00                                                  
**-PN DD  2.00                                                  
**-SC DD  2.00                                                  
**-ZH DD  2.00                                                  
**-3U DD  1.30                                                  
CA-** DD  2.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL                            
CA-** DD  2.00 FLT 3201 - 3300 - ALL                            
CA-** DD  2.00 FLT 3301 - 3900 - ALL                            
CA-** DD  2.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL                            
CA-** DD  2.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL                            
CA-** DD  2.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL                            
CA-** DD  2.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL                            
CA-** DD  2.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL                            
CA-** DD  1.30                                                  
CZ-** DD  2.00                                                  
GS-** DD  1.40                                                 ‡
MD«                                                             
HU-** DD  1.40                                                 ‡
JD-** DD  1.30                                                  
MU-** DD  2.00                                                  
PN-** DD  2.00                                                  
SC-** DD  2.00                                                  
3U-** DD  1.30                                                  
CA-CA DI  3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - FLT 1151 - 1200                
CA-CA DI  3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - FLT 4075 - 4098                
CA-CA DI  3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - FLT 4600 - 5000                
CA-CA DI  3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - FLT 8001 - 8100                
CA-CA DI  3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - FLT 8401 - 8450                
CA-CA DI  3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - FLT 8701 - 8900                
CA-CA DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT 1151 - 1200                           
CA-CA DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT 4075 - 4098                           
CA-CA DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT 4600 - 5000                           
CA-CA DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8001 - 8100                           
CA-CA DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8401 - 8450                           
CA-CA DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8701 - 8900                           
CA-CA DI  3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL                            
CA-CA DI  3.00 FLT 3201 - 3300 - ALL                            
CA-CA DI  3.00 FLT 3301 - 3900 - ALL                            
CA-CA DI  3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL                            
CA-CA DI  3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL                           ‡
MD«                                                             
CA-CA DI  3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL                           ‡
CA-CA DI  3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL                            
CA-CA DI  3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL                            
CA-CA DI  2.00                                                  
CZ-CZ DI  1.40                                                  
KA-KA DI  2.00                                                  
MU-MU DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT  777 PEK - ALL                        
MU-MU DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT  777 CTU - ALL                        
MU-MU DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT  777 HGH - ALL                        
MU-MU DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT  777 PVG - ALL                        
MU-MU DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT  777 SHA - ALL                        
MU-MU DI  2.30 FLT  748 - ALL                                   
MU-MU DI  2.30 FLT  768 - ALL                                   
MU-MU DI  1.40                                                  
SC-SC DI  3.00                                                  
ZH-ZH DI  3.00                                                  
3U-3U DI  2.00                                                  
8L-8L DI  2.00                                                  
FM-MU DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT  777 PEK - ALL                        
FM-MU DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT  777 CTU - ALL                        
FM-MU DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT  777 HGH - ALL                        
FM-MU DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT  777 PVG - ALL                        
FM-MU DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT  777 SHA - ALL                       ‡
MD«                                                             
FM-MU DI  1.40                                                 ‡
KN-MU DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT  777 NAY - ALL                        
KN-MU DI  1.40                                                  
MU-FM DI  2.30 FLT  748 - ALL                                   
MU-FM DI  2.30 FLT  768 - ALL                                   
MU-FM DI  1.40                                                  
**-CA DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT 1151 - 1200                           
**-CA DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT 4075 - 4098                           
**-CA DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT 4600 - 5000                           
**-CA DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8001 - 8100                           
**-CA DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8401 - 8450                           
**-CA DI  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8701 - 8900                           
**-CA DI  2.00                                                  
**-CZ DI  2.00                                                  
**-HX DI  3.00                                                  
**-JL DI  2.00                                                  
**-KA DI  2.00                                                  
**-SC DI  3.00                                                  
**-ZH DI  3.00                                                  
**-3U DI  2.00                                                  
CA-** DI  3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL                            
CA-** DI  3.00 FLT 3201 - 3300 - ALL                            
CA-** DI  3.00 FLT 3301 - 3900 - ALL                           ‡
MD«                                                             
CA-** DI  3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL                           ‡
CA-** DI  3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL                            
CA-** DI  3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL                            
CA-** DI  3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL                            
CA-** DI  3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL                            
CA-** DI  2.00                                                  
CZ-** DI  2.00                                                  
GS-** DI  2.40                                                  
HX-** DI  3.00                                                  
JD-** DI  2.40                                                  
KA-** DI  2.00                                                  
MU-** DI  2.00                                                  
PN-** DI  3.00                                                  
SC-** DI  3.00                                                  
3U-** DI  2.00                                                  
CA-CA ID  3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - FLT 1151 - 1200                
CA-CA ID  3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - FLT 4075 - 4098                
CA-CA ID  3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - FLT 4600 - 5000                
CA-CA ID  3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - FLT 8001 - 8100                
CA-CA ID  3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - FLT 8401 - 8450                
CA-CA ID  3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - FLT 8701 - 8900                
CA-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 1151 - 1200                           
CA-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 3201 - 3300                          ‡
MD«                                                             
CA-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 3301 - 3900                          ‡
CA-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 4075 - 4098                           
CA-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 4600 - 5000                           
CA-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8001 - 8100                           
CA-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8401 - 8450                           
CA-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8701 - 8900                           
CA-CA ID  3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL                            
CA-CA ID  3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL                            
CA-CA ID  3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL                            
CA-CA ID  3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL                            
CA-CA ID  3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL                            
CA-CA ID  3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL                            
CA-CA ID  2.00                                                  
CZ-CZ ID  1.30                                                  
KA-KA ID  2.00                                                  
MU-MU ID  2.00                                                  
SC-SC ID  3.00                                                  
ZH-ZH ID  3.00                                                  
3U-3U ID  2.00                                                  
8L-8L ID  2.00                                                  
MU-FM ID  2.00                                                  
MU-KN ID  2.00                                                  
**-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 1151 - 1200                          ‡
MD«                                                             
**-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 3201 - 3300                          ‡
**-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 3301 - 3900                           
**-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 4075 - 4098                           
**-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 4600 - 5000                           
**-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8001 - 8100                           
**-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8401 - 8450                           
**-CA ID  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8701 - 8900                           
**-CA ID  2.00                                                  
**-CZ ID  2.00                                                  
**-GS ID  2.40                                                  
**-HX ID  3.00                                                  
**-JD ID  2.40                                                  
**-KA ID  2.00                                                  
**-MU ID  2.30                                                  
**-PN ID  3.00                                                  
**-SC ID  3.00                                                  
**-ZH ID  3.00                                                  
**-3U ID  2.00                                                  
CA-** ID  3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL                            
CA-** ID  3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL                            
CA-** ID  3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL                            
CA-** ID  3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL                            
CA-** ID  3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL                           ‡
MD«                                                             
CA-** ID  3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL                           ‡
CA-** ID  2.00                                                  
CZ-** ID  2.00                                                  
HX-** ID  3.00                                                  
JL-** ID  2.00                                                  
KA-** ID  2.00                                                  
KE-** ID  1.40                                                  
MU-** ID  2.30                                                  
SC-** ID  3.00                                                  
3U-** ID  2.00                                                  
CA-CA II  3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - FLT 1151 - 1200                
CA-CA II  3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - FLT 4075 - 4098                
CA-CA II  3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - FLT 4600 - 5000                
CA-CA II  3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - FLT 8001 - 8100                
CA-CA II  3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - FLT 8401 - 8450                
CA-CA II  3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - FLT 8701 - 8900                
CA-CA II  3.00 ALL  - FLT 1151 - 1200                           
CA-CA II  3.00 ALL  - FLT 4075 - 4098                           
CA-CA II  3.00 ALL  - FLT 4600 - 5000                           
CA-CA II  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8001 - 8100                           
CA-CA II  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8401 - 8450                           
CA-CA II  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8701 - 8900                           
CA-CA II  3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL                           ‡
MD«                                                             
CA-CA II  3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL                           ‡
CA-CA II  3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL                            
CA-CA II  3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL                            
CA-CA II  3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL                            
CA-CA II  3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL                            
CA-CA II  2.00                                                  
CZ-CZ II  1.00                                                  
MU-MU II  2.30                                                  
SC-SC II  3.00                                                  
ZH-ZH II  3.00                                                  
3U-3U II  2.00                                                  
8L-8L II  2.00                                                  
FM-MU II  2.30                                                  
HX-MU II  2.30                                                  
MU-FM II  2.30                                                  
MU-HX II  1.30                                                  
**-CA II  3.00 ALL  - FLT 1151 - 1200                           
**-CA II  3.00 ALL  - FLT 4075 - 4098                           
**-CA II  3.00 ALL  - FLT 4600 - 5000                           
**-CA II  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8001 - 8100                           
**-CA II  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8401 - 8450                           
**-CA II  3.00 ALL  - FLT 8701 - 8900                           
**-CA II  2.00                                                 ‡
MD«                                                             
**-CZ II  2.00                                                 ‡
**-FM II  2.30                                                  
**-HX II  3.00                                                  
**-JL II  2.00                                                  
**-KE II  2.00                                                  
**-MU II  2.30                                                  
**-SC II  3.00                                                  
**-ZH II  3.00                                                  
**-3U II  2.00                                                  
CA-** II  3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL                            
CA-** II  3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL                            
CA-** II  3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL                            
CA-** II  3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL                            
CA-** II  3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL                            
CA-** II  3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL                            
CA-** II  2.00                                                  
CZ-** II  2.00                                                  
HX-** II  3.00                                                  
JL-** II  2.00                                                  
KE-** II  2.00                                                  
SC-** II  3.00                                                  
3U-** II  2.00
ernestnywang is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 18, 5:27 pm
  #161  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: HKG,SIN,CAN
Programs: CX SL, HU Gold, JL
Posts: 59
Originally Posted by ernestnywang View Post
That's domestic-domestic (even in that case there are many exceptions). It's one hour for international.


Code:
T*CT-KMG«
STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .20 1.00 1.00 1.00
OFFLINE .20 1.00 1.00 1.00
** OR * ARE ALL
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - FLT 1151 - 1200
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 3201 - 3300 - FLT 3201 - 3300
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 3301 - 3900 - FLT 3301 - 3900
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - FLT 4075 - 4098
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - FLT 4600 - 5000
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - FLT 8001 - 8100
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - FLT 8401 - 8450
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - FLT 8701 - 8900
CA-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 1151 - 1200
CA-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 3201 - 3300
CA-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 3301 - 3900
CA-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 4075 - 4098
CA-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 4600 - 5000
CA-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 8001 - 8100
CA-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 8401 - 8450
CA-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 8701 - 8900
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 3201 - 3300 - ALL
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 3301 - 3900 - ALL ‡
MD«
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL ‡
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL
CA-CA DD 2.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL
CA-CA DD 1.30
CZ-CZ DD 2.00
FM-FM DD 1.15
GS-GS DD 2.00
GX-GX DD 1.40
JD-JD DD 1.40
MU-MU DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 597
MU-MU DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 745
MU-MU DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 747
MU-MU DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 783
MU-MU DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 2011
MU-MU DD 2.00 FLT 598 - ALL
MU-MU DD 2.00 FLT 748 - ALL
MU-MU DD 2.00 FLT 784 - ALL
MU-MU DD 1.15
PN-PN DD 2.00
SC-SC DD 2.00
ZH-ZH DD 2.00 ‡
MD«
3U-3U DD 1.30 ‡
8L-8L DD 1.40
CN-GX DD 1.40
CN-JD DD 1.40
CN-PN DD 1.40
CN-UQ DD 1.40
CN-Y8 DD 1.40
CN-8L DD 1.40
FM-KN DD 1.15
FM-MU DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 597
FM-MU DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 745
FM-MU DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 747
FM-MU DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 783
FM-MU DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 2011
FM-MU DD 1.15
FU-GX DD 1.40
FU-JD DD 1.40
FU-PN DD 1.40
FU-UQ DD 1.40
FU-Y8 DD 1.40
FU-8L DD 1.40
GS-GX DD 1.40
GS-JD DD 1.40 ‡
MD«
GS-PN DD 1.40 ‡
GS-UQ DD 1.40
GS-Y8 DD 1.40
GS-8L DD 1.40
GT-GX DD 1.40
GT-JD DD 1.40
GT-PN DD 1.40
GT-UQ DD 1.40
GT-Y8 DD 1.40
GT-8L DD 1.40
GX-CN DD 1.40
GX-FU DD 1.40
GX-GT DD 1.40
GX-HU DD 1.40
GX-JD DD 1.40
GX-PN DD 1.40
GX-UQ DD 1.40
GX-Y8 DD 1.40
GX-8L DD 1.40
GX-9H DD 1.40
HU-GX DD 1.40
HU-JD DD 1.40
HU-PN DD 1.40 ‡
MD«
HU-UQ DD 1.40 ‡
HU-Y8 DD 1.40
HU-8L DD 1.40
JD-CN DD 1.40
JD-FU DD 1.40
JD-GS DD 1.40
JD-GT DD 1.40
JD-GX DD 1.40
JD-HU DD 1.40
JD-PN DD 1.40
JD-UQ DD 1.40
JD-Y8 DD 1.40
JD-8L DD 1.40
KN-FM DD 1.15
KN-MU DD 1.15
MU-FM DD 2.00 FLT 598 - ALL
MU-FM DD 2.00 FLT 748 - ALL
MU-FM DD 2.00 FLT 784 - ALL
MU-FM DD 1.15
MU-KN DD 1.15
PN-CN DD 1.40
PN-FU DD 1.40
PN-GS DD 2.00 ‡
MD«
PN-GT DD 1.40 ‡
PN-GX DD 1.40
PN-HU DD 1.40
PN-JD DD 1.40
PN-UQ DD 1.40
PN-Y8 DD 1.40
PN-8L DD 1.40
UQ-CN DD 1.40
UQ-FU DD 1.40
UQ-GT DD 1.40
UQ-GX DD 1.40
UQ-HU DD 1.40
UQ-JD DD 1.40
UQ-PN DD 1.40
UQ-Y8 DD 1.40
UQ-8L DD 1.40
Y8-CN DD 1.40
Y8-FU DD 1.40
Y8-GT DD 1.40
Y8-GX DD 1.40
Y8-HU DD 1.40
Y8-JD DD 1.40
Y8-PN DD 1.40 ‡
MD«
Y8-UQ DD 1.40 ‡
Y8-8L DD 1.40
8L-CN DD 1.40
8L-FU DD 1.40
8L-GS DD 2.00
8L-GT DD 1.40
8L-GX DD 1.40
8L-HU DD 1.40
8L-JD DD 1.40
8L-PN DD 1.40
8L-UQ DD 1.40
8L-Y8 DD 1.40
9H-GX DD 1.40
9H-JD DD 1.40
9H-PN DD 1.40
9H-UQ DD 1.40
9H-Y8 DD 1.40
**-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 1151 - 1200
**-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 3201 - 3300
**-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 3301 - 3900
**-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 4075 - 4098
**-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 4600 - 5000
**-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 8001 - 8100 ‡
MD«
**-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 8401 - 8450 ‡
**-CA DD 2.00 ALL - FLT 8701 - 8900
**-CA DD 1.30
**-CZ DD 2.00
**-GS DD 1.40
**-HU DD 1.40
**-JD DD 1.30
**-MU DD 2.00
**-PN DD 2.00
**-SC DD 2.00
**-ZH DD 2.00
**-3U DD 1.30
CA-** DD 2.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL
CA-** DD 2.00 FLT 3201 - 3300 - ALL
CA-** DD 2.00 FLT 3301 - 3900 - ALL
CA-** DD 2.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL
CA-** DD 2.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL
CA-** DD 2.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL
CA-** DD 2.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL
CA-** DD 2.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL
CA-** DD 1.30
CZ-** DD 2.00
GS-** DD 1.40 ‡
MD«
HU-** DD 1.40 ‡
JD-** DD 1.30
MU-** DD 2.00
PN-** DD 2.00
SC-** DD 2.00
3U-** DD 1.30
CA-CA DI 3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - FLT 1151 - 1200
CA-CA DI 3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - FLT 4075 - 4098
CA-CA DI 3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - FLT 4600 - 5000
CA-CA DI 3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - FLT 8001 - 8100
CA-CA DI 3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - FLT 8401 - 8450
CA-CA DI 3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - FLT 8701 - 8900
CA-CA DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 1151 - 1200
CA-CA DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 4075 - 4098
CA-CA DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 4600 - 5000
CA-CA DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 8001 - 8100
CA-CA DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 8401 - 8450
CA-CA DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 8701 - 8900
CA-CA DI 3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL
CA-CA DI 3.00 FLT 3201 - 3300 - ALL
CA-CA DI 3.00 FLT 3301 - 3900 - ALL
CA-CA DI 3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL
CA-CA DI 3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL ‡
MD«
CA-CA DI 3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL ‡
CA-CA DI 3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL
CA-CA DI 3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL
CA-CA DI 2.00
CZ-CZ DI 1.40
KA-KA DI 2.00
MU-MU DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 777 PEK - ALL
MU-MU DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 777 CTU - ALL
MU-MU DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 777 HGH - ALL
MU-MU DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 777 PVG - ALL
MU-MU DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 777 SHA - ALL
MU-MU DI 2.30 FLT 748 - ALL
MU-MU DI 2.30 FLT 768 - ALL
MU-MU DI 1.40
SC-SC DI 3.00
ZH-ZH DI 3.00
3U-3U DI 2.00
8L-8L DI 2.00
FM-MU DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 777 PEK - ALL
FM-MU DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 777 CTU - ALL
FM-MU DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 777 HGH - ALL
FM-MU DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 777 PVG - ALL
FM-MU DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 777 SHA - ALL ‡
MD«
FM-MU DI 1.40 ‡
KN-MU DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 777 NAY - ALL
KN-MU DI 1.40
MU-FM DI 2.30 FLT 748 - ALL
MU-FM DI 2.30 FLT 768 - ALL
MU-FM DI 1.40
**-CA DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 1151 - 1200
**-CA DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 4075 - 4098
**-CA DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 4600 - 5000
**-CA DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 8001 - 8100
**-CA DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 8401 - 8450
**-CA DI 3.00 ALL - FLT 8701 - 8900
**-CA DI 2.00
**-CZ DI 2.00
**-HX DI 3.00
**-JL DI 2.00
**-KA DI 2.00
**-SC DI 3.00
**-ZH DI 3.00
**-3U DI 2.00
CA-** DI 3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL
CA-** DI 3.00 FLT 3201 - 3300 - ALL
CA-** DI 3.00 FLT 3301 - 3900 - ALL ‡
MD«
CA-** DI 3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL ‡
CA-** DI 3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL
CA-** DI 3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL
CA-** DI 3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL
CA-** DI 3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL
CA-** DI 2.00
CZ-** DI 2.00
GS-** DI 2.40
HX-** DI 3.00
JD-** DI 2.40
KA-** DI 2.00
MU-** DI 2.00
PN-** DI 3.00
SC-** DI 3.00
3U-** DI 2.00
CA-CA ID 3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - FLT 1151 - 1200
CA-CA ID 3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - FLT 4075 - 4098
CA-CA ID 3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - FLT 4600 - 5000
CA-CA ID 3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - FLT 8001 - 8100
CA-CA ID 3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - FLT 8401 - 8450
CA-CA ID 3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - FLT 8701 - 8900
CA-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 1151 - 1200
CA-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 3201 - 3300 ‡
MD«
CA-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 3301 - 3900 ‡
CA-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 4075 - 4098
CA-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 4600 - 5000
CA-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 8001 - 8100
CA-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 8401 - 8450
CA-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 8701 - 8900
CA-CA ID 3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL
CA-CA ID 3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL
CA-CA ID 3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL
CA-CA ID 3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL
CA-CA ID 3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL
CA-CA ID 3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL
CA-CA ID 2.00
CZ-CZ ID 1.30
KA-KA ID 2.00
MU-MU ID 2.00
SC-SC ID 3.00
ZH-ZH ID 3.00
3U-3U ID 2.00
8L-8L ID 2.00
MU-FM ID 2.00
MU-KN ID 2.00
**-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 1151 - 1200 ‡
MD«
**-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 3201 - 3300 ‡
**-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 3301 - 3900
**-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 4075 - 4098
**-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 4600 - 5000
**-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 8001 - 8100
**-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 8401 - 8450
**-CA ID 3.00 ALL - FLT 8701 - 8900
**-CA ID 2.00
**-CZ ID 2.00
**-GS ID 2.40
**-HX ID 3.00
**-JD ID 2.40
**-KA ID 2.00
**-MU ID 2.30
**-PN ID 3.00
**-SC ID 3.00
**-ZH ID 3.00
**-3U ID 2.00
CA-** ID 3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL
CA-** ID 3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL
CA-** ID 3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL
CA-** ID 3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL
CA-** ID 3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL ‡
MD«
CA-** ID 3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL ‡
CA-** ID 2.00
CZ-** ID 2.00
HX-** ID 3.00
JL-** ID 2.00
KA-** ID 2.00
KE-** ID 1.40
MU-** ID 2.30
SC-** ID 3.00
3U-** ID 2.00
CA-CA II 3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - FLT 1151 - 1200
CA-CA II 3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - FLT 4075 - 4098
CA-CA II 3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - FLT 4600 - 5000
CA-CA II 3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - FLT 8001 - 8100
CA-CA II 3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - FLT 8401 - 8450
CA-CA II 3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - FLT 8701 - 8900
CA-CA II 3.00 ALL - FLT 1151 - 1200
CA-CA II 3.00 ALL - FLT 4075 - 4098
CA-CA II 3.00 ALL - FLT 4600 - 5000
CA-CA II 3.00 ALL - FLT 8001 - 8100
CA-CA II 3.00 ALL - FLT 8401 - 8450
CA-CA II 3.00 ALL - FLT 8701 - 8900
CA-CA II 3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL ‡
MD«
CA-CA II 3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL ‡
CA-CA II 3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL
CA-CA II 3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL
CA-CA II 3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL
CA-CA II 3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL
CA-CA II 2.00
CZ-CZ II 1.00
MU-MU II 2.30
SC-SC II 3.00
ZH-ZH II 3.00
3U-3U II 2.00
8L-8L II 2.00
FM-MU II 2.30
HX-MU II 2.30
MU-FM II 2.30
MU-HX II 1.30
**-CA II 3.00 ALL - FLT 1151 - 1200
**-CA II 3.00 ALL - FLT 4075 - 4098
**-CA II 3.00 ALL - FLT 4600 - 5000
**-CA II 3.00 ALL - FLT 8001 - 8100
**-CA II 3.00 ALL - FLT 8401 - 8450
**-CA II 3.00 ALL - FLT 8701 - 8900
**-CA II 2.00 ‡
MD«
**-CZ II 2.00 ‡
**-FM II 2.30
**-HX II 3.00
**-JL II 2.00
**-KE II 2.00
**-MU II 2.30
**-SC II 3.00
**-ZH II 3.00
**-3U II 2.00
CA-** II 3.00 FLT 1151 - 1200 - ALL
CA-** II 3.00 FLT 4075 - 4098 - ALL
CA-** II 3.00 FLT 4600 - 5000 - ALL
CA-** II 3.00 FLT 8001 - 8100 - ALL
CA-** II 3.00 FLT 8401 - 8450 - ALL
CA-** II 3.00 FLT 8701 - 8900 - ALL
CA-** II 2.00
CZ-** II 2.00
HX-** II 3.00
JL-** II 2.00
KE-** II 2.00
SC-** II 3.00
3U-** II 2.00
Thank you for the update. i did miss out something. But CX's website can book turnaround KMG tickect.
ernestnywang likes this.
pochi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 10:01 pm
  #162  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Programs: Marco Polo Club Gold
Posts: 5
My experience with Cathay and the CMB turnaround

Hello - longtime lurker who finally registered.

Thanks to everyone for their invaluable flying tips. I wanted to share my experiences with Cathay yesterday and to see whether anyone else has had the same issue.

Yesterday morning, I checked in at HK station and tried to get my boarding pass for the CMB to HK leg. I was told by the check-in person and the supervisor that the Sri Lankan immigration authorities have clamped down on people like us trying to do turnaround from a cheaper originating destination and that I would have to pass through immmigration and then get back in, meaning that the 1 hr 15 mins between the flights would not be enough (as you would also need to obtain a visa on arrival). They refused to issue me the CMB to HK boarding pass and only the HK to CMB boarding pass.

Having last done the turnaround in October and many times before that, this was an unpleasant surprise. Anyway I decided I would try my luck at HK airport itself. As it is the start of the Xmas holidays, it was already quite crowded at the check in queue so when I reached the front I had about 40 mins before boarding started. The same message also appeared on the check in persons screen about immigration issues. They called the supervisor and after some debate in Cantonese about whether to issue me the CMB to HK boarding pass, they finally did so. Luckily I was able to zoom through security and immigration, with just enough time to spare to have a shower and a champagne at the Pier.

I managed to fly to CMB and back to HK without any issues but am worried that this will come up again when I have my next turnaround. I wanted to see whether anyone has been given the reason of immigration issues when being denied the CMB to HK boarding pass, which seems new to me.

Many thanks in advance!
whiskyfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 10:17 pm
  #163  
sxc
Moderator, Cathay Pacific
Accor Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: CX MPC Silver, BAEC Gold (OWE), Hyatt
Posts: 9,323
I wonder if it’s Sri Lankan authorities cracking down or CX cracking down??!
sxc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 18, 10:46 pm
  #164  
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Programs: Marco Polo Club Gold
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by sxc View Post
I wonder if it’s Sri Lankan authorities cracking down or CX cracking down??!
sxc - I have been wondering the same thing myself. If it’s CX making up a story about the Sri Lankan authorities, then this is really not cool, and makes me think even worse of them. I didn’t think that was possible after the failure to tell us for months that our data had been stolen and the general deteroriation of quality and service etc.

But alas, who else can I fly with? They provide direct flights to all the places I fly to.
whiskyfan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 18, 12:21 am
  #165  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Programs: CX - DM; SQ - PPS, Hilton - Diamond, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Posts: 474
Originally Posted by whiskyfan View Post


sxc - I have been wondering the same thing myself. If it’s CX making up a story about the Sri Lankan authorities, then this is really not cool, and makes me think even worse of them. I didn’t think that was possible after the failure to tell us for months that our data had been stolen and the general deteroriation of quality and service etc.

But alas, who else can I fly with? They provide direct flights to all the places I fly to.
It doesn't make sense that the Sri Lankan authorities want to crack down on this - why would they? You're just like any of the transit pax passing thru CMB. FYI I had my turnaround at the end of last month (a couple of week before you) and check in staff at Kowloon station had no problems issuing the inbound boarding pass for me. It did take the staff a little time but that was due to her being quite new and at the end she managed. Would be good if others going to do the CMB turnaround in the near future report back here so we can get better ideas on this boarding pass issue.
HKGglobaltrotter is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread