FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Marco Polo Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club-487/)
-   -   CX North American 800 numbers cannot be reached by Skype (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1853563-cx-north-american-800-numbers-cannot-reached-skype.html)

Guy Betsy Jul 13, 17 7:31 am

CX North American 800 numbers cannot be reached by Skype
 
Tried calling all the 800 numbers via Skype and I keep getting the message "Calls to this number cannot be reached from your calling area"

But I have to call the Vancouver #.

:mad:

Psychiatrist Jul 13, 17 8:43 am

Yes. Toll free numbers don't work on Skype.

You can try for US numbers:

GR / SL / GO : +1 855 781 7104
DM: +1 855 449 7488

christep Jul 13, 17 8:46 am

Way off topic, but is that new? 1-800 numbers always used to work on Skype in general (in the days when people used to pay for phone calls otherwise).

Guy Betsy Jul 13, 17 9:32 am


Originally Posted by Psychiatrist (Post 28555701)
Yes. Toll free numbers don't work on Skype.

You can try for US numbers:

GR / SL / GO : +1 855 781 7104
DM: +1 855 449 7488

I think you mean "International" Toll free numbers... But I was just trying to call the 1-800 numbers from North America..

And BTW other 1-800 numbers work... just wondering why not CX's

Psychiatrist Jul 13, 17 9:49 am

The numbers I posted are the "not free" US numbers - which will work on Skype.

1800 numbers don't always work on Skype - it often doesn't work for me. American Airlines and Fairmont Hotels reservations if I recall correctly.

LoveHateRelationship Jul 13, 17 2:49 pm

Use google hangouts to call for free. It works with 1-800 numbers.

Guy Betsy Jul 14, 17 6:08 am


Originally Posted by yannerd (Post 28557239)
Use google hangouts to call for free. It works with 1-800 numbers.

I don't know how to use Google Hangouts.

jagmeets Jul 14, 17 8:46 am

There..fixed that

http://bfy.tw/1W4M

beep88 Jul 14, 17 8:51 am

download "Google Hangouts" from the app store.

It is free to call all regular Canadian/US numbers including 1-800 and non-toll-free numbers.

percysmith Dec 31, 19 2:01 am


Originally Posted by beep88 (Post 28559978)
download "Google Hangouts" from the app store.

It is free to call all regular Canadian/US numbers including 1-800 and non-toll-free numbers.

What number do I put into Google Hangouts for ticketing?

The MPO numbers above work, but they won't take ticketing questions nor transfer me to ticketing.

Even CX Social Media got stumped

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...85335e29eb.png

daniellam Dec 31, 19 2:49 am


Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 31891921)
What number do I put into Google Hangouts for ticketing?

The MPO numbers above work, but they won't take ticketing questions nor transfer me to ticketing.

Even CX Social Media got stumped https://twitter.com/agiddygoat/statu...47223216947201

The North American call center can be reached as follows:

+1 800 233 2742 (from within the U.S. [and also Skype] and also from overseas by substituting the "+" with your IDD access code if calling from a landline)

+1 800 268 6868 (Can only be reached if you are calling from a phone that sends Canadian Caller ID [they do this to prevent U.S. callers from booking fares over the phone that require a Canadian point of sale])

The joys of of Canada and the U.S. sharing a single country code of "1"!

percysmith Dec 31, 19 3:05 am


Originally Posted by daniellam (Post 31892015)
The North American call center can be reached as follows:

+1 800 233 2742 (from within the U.S. [and also Skype] and also from overseas by substituting the "+" with your IDD access code if calling from a landline)

+1 800 268 6868 (Can only be reached if you are calling from a phone that sends Canadian Caller ID [they do this to prevent U.S. callers from booking fares over the phone that require a Canadian point of sale])

The joys of of Canada and the U.S. sharing a single country code of "1"!

Thanks but neither of these numbers can be used to contact the Global Contact Centre in HK after US hours.

daniellam Dec 31, 19 3:10 am


Originally Posted by percysmith (Post 31892037)
Thanks but neither of these numbers can be used to contact the Global Contact Centre in HK after US hours.

Try +800 2747 2200 (or 011 800 2747 2200 from North America).

If you are in the U.S., a lot of U.S. mobile phone carriers (even if you are roaming from abroad) don't support toll-free International +800 calling. Works if calling from Canadian mobile phone network though.

However, if you can borrow a traditional landline (non-VOIP), you can dial 011 800 2747 2200 for free to reach the HK call center.

percysmith Dec 31, 19 6:22 am


Originally Posted by daniellam (Post 31892050)
However, if you can borrow a traditional landline (non-VOIP), you can dial 011 800 2747 2200 for free to reach the HK call center.

Thanks
But I'm on VOIP - just trying to take advantage of free 1800 calling on Hangouts (or Skype).

I can also use my Skype credit and call +852 2747 3333 too. But since Hangouts was said to work above I wonder was I missing anything.

orangila Dec 31, 19 12:37 pm

Using a calling card in the US, +852-2747 3333 doesn't work, but CX TW and China numbers work. Also, +852-2747 3888 doesn't work, but the green/silver/gold number works.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:41 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.