24 hour connection time @ HKG

Old Jun 7, 2017, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (3 Million Mile Club), Global Entry
24 hour connection time @ HKG

Greetings. I booked a Cathay Pacific itinerary that includes an 23 hour, 40 minute connection window in Hong Kong. did it on purpose so that I could spend the day in Hong Kong. My question is about checked luggage. I've seen older comments on the forum that seemed to indicate that with Long connection times checked bags would be available in Hong Kong, and that passengers should plan on picking them up and re check them for their next flight. Does anybody know for sure what the current policy is? I can likely get guidance on the process when I check my bag on the flight to Hong Kong but I'd like to know in advance so I know what I should pack in my carry on.

Just to be clear, the itinerary has Hong Kong as a connection.

Last edited by mastertrust; Jun 7, 2017 at 5:11 pm Reason: Added Cathay Pacific
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:43 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
You can request either - to check the bag through or just to HK.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum (3 Million Mile Club), Global Entry
thanks!
Old Jun 9, 2017, 10:30 am

If the connection is less than 24hrs (scheduled) than you can check your luggage through to final destination. If more than 24hrs you have three choices for not lugging the stuff around town:

1. If your connection is only marginally more than 24hrs, collect the bags at HKG, then wait until your flight is 24hrs away and check in after passing through arrivals (checkin for CX/KA flights opens 24hrs before)

2. Retrieve your luggage and take the airport express train to Hong Kong Central, get off there. If your flight is the next day (even if more than 24 hrs) on CX/KA you can then check in there at the city counter - use the train ticket to access it

3. If more than next day, you can leave your luggage there. Look for Luggage storage signs (its less than 2min walk from the train platform). charged by piece in 24hrs segments, starting from I think 60 HKD.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.