Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Will I still keep my selected seats if I did not do OLCI?

Old May 31, 2017, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold

Or will my seat be up for grabs to the early birds during checkin at the airport?
Old May 31, 2017, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by boybi
Or will my seat be up for grabs to the early birds during checkin at the airport?
Your seats will be marked as 'reserved' and no one else can take it.
Old May 31, 2017, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I believe the most correct response is CX (as well as other airlines) has no obligation to keep your seat assignment and you can be reassigned for any reasons by CX (and other airlines). However, CX (and other airlines) will try its best to keep your seat assignment.

So in response, OLCI has no bearing on if you will be re-seated or not.
Old May 31, 2017, 5:37 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by boybi
to summerize in short, your seat WILL NOT be up for grabs; but once in a blue moon you all get reseated due to operational reasons.
Old May 31, 2017, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold
ALright. Thanks all.
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Remember, seat get hold up to T-60 mins, even check-in counter may close at T-45 or T-40 mins depending on which port you are flying out of...
Old Jun 1, 2017, 8:22 pm

Your seat will be reserved for you but I have had rare occasions where I have been moved for no apparent reason i.e if someone important requests that seat. If you have already checked in you can only be kicked out if somebody REALLY important requests it
Old Jun 1, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: Solitarie PPS, Marco Polo Gold, Mileage Plus Premier
Even if you did your OLCI you still have a high chance of being kick out, for example on my recent Monday morning flight from HKG to PVG, I got bumped off, downgraded from CX PY to a later KA Y flight, on Friday later afternoon flight from PVG back to HKG, the check-in agent also asked me if I'm willing to take any Saturday flight, no upgrade to J, or accommodation provide, I said NO, I insisted to stick on my booked flight, there were just a bunch of DM on board (now I'm back to GR from DM), on these route, PVG, PEK, LHR, LAX, so it really depends on how lucky you are. DM entitled guaranteed seats so if your flight have more DMs on board, very likely you'll get bump off.

Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: MP, BR
Originally Posted by SQ Flyer Talker
Even if you did your OLCI you still have a high chance of being kick out, for example on my recent Monday morning flight from HKG to PVG, I got bumped off, downgraded from CX PY to a later KA Y flight, on Friday later afternoon flight from PVG back to HKG, the check-in agent also asked me if I'm willing to take any Saturday flight, no upgrade to J, or accommodation provide, I said NO, I insisted to stick on my booked flight, there were just a bunch of DM on board (now I'm back to GR from DM), on these route, PVG, PEK, LHR, LAX, so it really depends on how lucky you are. DM entitled guaranteed seats so if your flight have more DMs on board, very likely you'll get bump off.

Interesting...they offer you NOTHING for your seat?
Old Jun 2, 2017, 12:40 am

Programs: Solitarie PPS, Marco Polo Gold, Mileage Plus Premier
Originally Posted by Chromie25
Interesting...they offer you NOTHING for your seat?
The check-in agent reminds me to read their T&Cs clearly, no compensation will offer, they have the rights to get me off the plane for various reasons, which including using Law Enforcement if necessary, like UA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.