Wiki Posts
Search

Online check in

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2017, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Online check in

I've seen around the forum that there are threads mentioning that CX OLCI can be buggy.

I am flying out ORD-HKG-BKK on Friday on CX807 and CX616 in F and J on a redemption ticket. I just tried to checkin and am getting an error message and now when I look at MMB, my reserved seats are not showing. Is this a quirk of the system or is something afoot?

Thanks,
Old May 17, 2017, 10:47 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by capin
I've seen around the forum that there are threads mentioning that CX OLCI can be buggy.

I am flying out ORD-HKG-BKK on Friday on CX807 and CX616 in F and J on a redemption ticket. I just tried to checkin and am getting an error message and now when I look at MMB, my reserved seats are not showing. Is this a quirk of the system or is something afoot?

Thanks,
I saw from your other posts that your original flight was canceled and CX rebooked you to CX616. That may be the reason, but I am not very sure. CX's IT has its limitations . I often failed on OLCI and had no idea why.
Old Jul 20, 2018, 10:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Came on here to see why I couldn't get online checkin to work. Kept asking me for visa/permanent res info (but it's optional and in my case unnecessary). Ended up using a different browser and disallowed auto-fill and was finally able to checkin. For those of you having issues in the future, try that.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I have a flight ORD-HKG in 46 hours and I got email from CX saying my flight to Hong Kong departing in 48 hours, is available for online check in now.
I thought it has to be within 24 hours from the US airports???
Anyways I tried OLCI and of course I failed...Online check-in is not available. Please visit airport counter to complete check in.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 7:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
I have a flight ORD-HKG in 46 hours and I got email from CX saying my flight to Hong Kong departing in 48 hours, is available for online check in now.
I thought it has to be within 24 hours from the US airports???
Anyways I tried OLCI and of course I failed...Online check-in is not available. Please visit airport counter to complete check in.
When I took this flight two weeks ago I got the same email but CX page said US flights were 24 hours. Prob an auto generated email.
MrJBoy likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 4:11 pm

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
After multiples fails to OLCI and a phone call to CX within 24 hours I was able to OLCI finally...
The issue was that CX site is not fully compatible with Apple Safari browser.
Also, I had to enter my US green card information for each flight even for intra Asian flights, weird. Otherwise, it told me to complete passenger information and couldn't go further.
Old Aug 7, 2018, 4:28 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MrJBoy
After multiples fails to OLCI and a phone call to CX within 24 hours I was able to OLCI finally...
The issue was that CX site is not fully compatible with Apple Safari browser.
Also, I had to enter my US green card information for each flight even for intra Asian flights, weird. Otherwise, it told me to complete passenger information and couldn't go further.
ha. CX IT.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.