Wiki Posts
Search

CX codeshare to Fiji

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2017, 4:35 am
Original Poster

CX codeshare to Fiji

Hi guys,

I'm planning a two-week vacation between HKG and Fiji. Because it's a diving trip, I have specific limitations to what time I can fly; I'd preferably like to fly at night. Because CX's codeshare flight from Fiji back to HK leaves in the morning, I can't take that flight unless I stay an extra night in Fiji. However, I can't seem to choose any other routing option on CX's website, or on Fiji Airway's website either. I could take FJ923 from Fiji to Brisbane and take CX's A350 back home on CX156 (with a 2-hour turnaround), but I can't seem to find how I can select that on CX's website. If I do that on Fiji's website, it costs 25000HKD instead of 5700HKD round trip...

Anyone have any solutions/tricks?

Thanks very much,
cx4ever
Old May 16, 2017, 5:11 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
If you really want to make use of the night, your other option will be transiting through MEL on your way back.

If you can transit in SIN or ICN, you have more CX and non-CX options but arrive in HKG mid-to-late morning.
Old May 17, 2017, 7:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, CX Dia, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Dia
Originally Posted by cx4ever
Hi guys,

I'm planning a two-week vacation between HKG and Fiji. Because it's a diving trip, I have specific limitations to what time I can fly; I'd preferably like to fly at night. Because CX's codeshare flight from Fiji back to HK leaves in the morning, I can't take that flight unless I stay an extra night in Fiji. However, I can't seem to choose any other routing option on CX's website, or on Fiji Airway's website either. I could take FJ923 from Fiji to Brisbane and take CX's A350 back home on CX156 (with a 2-hour turnaround), but I can't seem to find how I can select that on CX's website. If I do that on Fiji's website, it costs 25000HKD instead of 5700HKD round trip...

Anyone have any solutions/tricks?

Thanks very much,
cx4ever
To me a codeshare should be the same price otherwise I am not sure how it is useful. In checking it seems the CX codeshare flight is almost 2x as expensive as booking with FJ directly. The only downside with booking direct with FJ is you cannot earn asia miles or MP club points. However, I would not pay double just to earn miles on CX. This one perplexes me big time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.