Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

MP GO: 100 CPs shortCX renewed anyway. Common?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2017, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

I was on GO status, had my renewal due Mar 31. 100CPs short.

When I checked my account on Apr 1, was pleasantly surprised to see CX had renewed me - without any prompts - to March 31, 2018.

Thinking it was a well-timed April Fools prank, I checked my account 4 days later.. and I'm still a GO, w/a full year to go. Woot!

Wonder if auto-renewal of GO statuses are fairly common, esp. w/shortfalls of 100CPs and below?

I'm very happy though. Have some serious travel coming up this 2H, and was dreading losing my benefits as a 'lowly' SL.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
I would ask how has your flying history been, clocking into MPC? Also, do you have any trips booked already? Maybe they were lenient and renewed?
Old Apr 5, 2017, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CXFlyerBoy
I would ask how has your flying history been, clocking into MPC? Also, do you have any trips booked already? Maybe they were lenient and renewed?
I've been flying pretty regularly the last 2 years. Approx 2x long-haul HKG-SFO trips in J, plus some regional Y trips the last 1 year, that led to 500 CPs or so.

Wonder if GO/PL renewals go through some automated criteria checklist (eg: flight history, # years in current status etc), or if it's a manual call made by some human behind the scenes....
Old Apr 5, 2017, 3:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
It happens somewhat frequently, but at their sole discretion. It's been mentioned a few times in various threads around here.

Usually they are strict if you are reaching the tier for the first time, but if you are renewing and are short by a marginal amount, they will renew you anyway / give you an extra 2 months to obtain the status if you write in and ask for it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.