Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX and LH Group sign co-operation agreement

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX and LH Group sign co-operation agreement

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fishball
The charts are out!
LX, LH, and OS.

Miles are earned on specified routes only, all from CX European ports. Can be redeemed as well.
shall i assume the eurasia leg you cannot redeem either?
Old Apr 27, 2017, 10:16 pm

Programs: CX DM, AA EXP, SPG Plat, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by kaka
shall i assume the eurasia leg you cannot redeem either?
Most likely not. Seems like it is only on the codeshare routes.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:01 am
mxr

Programs: CX DM
I'm assuming that on these codeshare routes within Europe, one can only get AM if not flying on the CX codeshare? If so, I dont see the point in why there are earnings at all...
Old Apr 28, 2017, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by mxr
I'm assuming that on these codeshare routes within Europe, one can only get AM if not flying on the CX codeshare? If so, I dont see the point in why there are earnings at all...
I don't think that is a correct inference.
On any CX-coded flight you earn AM.
In addition, you also earn AM on LH/LX-coded flights mentioned on the page. Even if you don't do an intercontinental flight, you will earn AM on the domestic routes mentioned. This is an incentive for AM members to fly LH.
That's my reading.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 8:48 am
mxr

Originally Posted by brunos
I don't think that is a correct inference.
On any CX-coded flight you earn AM.
In addition, you also earn AM on LH/LX-coded flights mentioned on the page. Even if you don't do an intercontinental flight, you will earn AM on the domestic routes mentioned. This is an incentive for AM members to fly LH.
That's my reading.
Sorry I had a brainfreeze when I was writing earlier. Im talking about the MPC points. Youll only get those when on CX codeshare on those LH/LX routes.

The incentive to actually credit AM from those LH coded LH flights seems very low IMO. Better credit elsewhere within star alliance.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Hannover is a good addition due to the trade shows there. Otherwise I prefer to travel in Germany, Austria and Switzerland by high speed train and the CX/KA Rail & Fly tickets are often preferable to an extra SH flight.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:34 am
mxr

Would like to share my first experience from yesterday's flight.

Booked:
TXL-ZRH in Y
ZRH-HKG in PEY

Lined up in the non star-gold / non-elite line and checked-in without any major issues. The agent at the counter did seem a little bit confused and upon asking her if I was able to use any lounge she had no idea.

The LX ticket stub for TXL-ZRH showed some CXP on it which I guess relates to the CX frequent flyer part. Other than that, no mention of the FF# or anything.

ZRH-HKG obviously also printed on an LX ticket stub and obviously no lounge-invitation printout for the Aspire-Lounge F section.

I just shamelessly went to the BA Galleries and managed to talk my way in saying that its a CX codeshare flight and I'm EM which should allow access (I dont think this is officially the case).

In ZRH I went to the Gate and asked to reprint the CX tickets stubs + invitation to avoid confusion at the lounge entry. The CX agent over there was massively confused why I was showing him LX tickets and told me I should go to the LX counters, ha! I'm sure that at boarding there would have been an issue when using the F/EM line with the LX stub as it doesnt indicate anything.

Had no luggage so I cant comment on that.

All in all, ok'ish experience but I hope they figure out a way to give at least GOs and DMs lounge access for these flights. They might wanna figure out something similar like with NZ where you get lounge access in their own lounge on domestic flights...

On the upside, the Aspire F Lounge in ZRH was a positive discovery! Much more private and quite empty when I visited yesterday. Adding to this the extremely efficient ZRH airport, good experience for EM's.
Old May 8, 2017, 3:51 am

Originally Posted by mxr
The CX agent over there was massively confused why I was showing him LX tickets and told me I should go to the LX counters, ha!
Wow. My guess is there are many tales of confusion heading our way from less savvy fliers
Old May 8, 2017, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Just to understand. I assume that you booked a CX ticket under CX codes, right?
You did not get any lounge access in TXL?
How were you directed to the Aspire F lounge in ZRH?
Old May 9, 2017, 2:56 am
mxr

Originally Posted by brunos
Just to understand. I assume that you booked a CX ticket under CX codes, right?
You did not get any lounge access in TXL?
How were you directed to the Aspire F lounge in ZRH?
Yes, sorry for not being clear about that. It was CX ticket, CX code, LX operated for the TXL-ZRH leg.

I did get lounge access at the BA galleries by talking myself into it. I dont think its allowed though, the lady was just being nice.

After having the CX tickets reprinted at ZRH I myself directed me to the Aspire F lounge

Unfortunately after reprinting the tickets in ZRH I gave them my old LX printed tickets, should have kept & uploaded them here. I'm curious to what the "CXP" meant on the ticket for the LX portion.
Old May 9, 2017, 7:13 am

CXP assenger.

I have some LH BPs back from when I used to live in Poland and didn't have status and they show "LOP"
- for LOPax, I presume.

Basically, the system recognized the FFP entry as a valid one, but didn't associate any status with it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.