Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

"Damaged, substandard Zodiac seats hit Cathay Pacific image"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Damaged, substandard Zodiac seats hit Cathay Pacific image"

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2017, 9:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by kaka
certainly it is not a concern of CX, not sure why the general hostility (not towards you, 24left), i've never been harsh and am simply aligning expectations with what CX gives.
I keep telling my colleagues "Managing expectations is such a lost art"

(As we all take a deep breath and be thankful that we are not UA today.)
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
What about the malfunctioning toilet door locks/sinks/lights, are they going to be replaced too?
Old Apr 11, 2017, 11:56 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Lussac
What about the malfunctioning toilet door locks/sinks/lights, are they going to be replaced too?
1. Get some duck tape and sign which reads "OCCUPIED", and hang it outside the lavs.

Print a few up in all of the languages of CX customers and done.

2. Using some sturdy string attached to the outer handle/knob/something, instruct pax to put it inside and tie it to the faucet.

Are these the best possible solutions? No. Not if you take your airline and your customers seriously. Did I mention No?

But doing nothing isn't a solution.
Old Apr 11, 2017, 12:04 pm
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Like many of you here.. .long time CX flyer.. 15 years.

Its obvious that Ivan Chu has decided that cheap cuts are a better way to sort the bottom line, than increasing revenue. Like most current CEO's cutting is the way.. too hard to actually grow.. outside his bonus' cycle with Swire.. Next year he'll be at Coca Cola... in the endless Swire scheme on day to day managing that may have worked well in early times, but not in the digital age.

I flew EK, BA, even HKA occasionally... and CX..

Before it was just CX.

#branddead

Not because of your checkin agents, or flight attendants, or pilots landings...

Because management killed the brand.
Old Apr 12, 2017, 9:19 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by deadinabsentia
Its obvious that Ivan Chu has decided that cheap cuts are a better way to sort the bottom line, than increasing revenue. Like most current CEO's cutting is the way.. too hard to actually grow.. outside his bonus' cycle with Swire.. Next year he'll be at Coca Cola... in the endless Swire scheme on day to day managing that may have worked well in early times, but not in the digital age.
Off topic: No... JS&S China doesn't take care of Coke... Swire Beverage does... Quite a number of articles (in Chinese) today has accurately pointed out that JSS China is a place with nothing to do... Put you there and wait till you feel hopeless yourself and then you'll resign yourself...
Old Apr 12, 2017, 10:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Taiwan is a country.
Originally Posted by sscywong
Off topic: No... JS&S China doesn't take care of Coke... Swire Beverage does... Quite a number of articles (in Chinese) today has accurately pointed out that JSS China is a place with nothing to do... Put you there and wait till you feel hopeless yourself and then you'll resign yourself...
Sorry.. So Chu. who just today was replaced.. moves to "Swire Bottling" or Haeco or any of the other SWIRE interests in HKG.. my point remains..

A CEO who plans on retiring with a company is going to be way more forward thinking, than one who knows he will change seats in 2-3 years.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Hope for a fix eventually, and "intensive maintenance" meanwhile. See:
https://runwaygirlnetwork.com/2017/0...rest-of-fleet/
Old Apr 26, 2017, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by sabbasolo
Flying J on A350 for the first time in 10 days - shall I bring duct tape?
yes, do! the cabin crew will appreciate your contributions!
Old Apr 30, 2017, 9:10 pm

Oy vey. Planning a trip to Melbourne for August and was thinking of scheduling so that I could try out J on the A350, but should I actually be trying to avoid it and stick to the A330 instead?
Old May 1, 2017, 1:04 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Originally Posted by suziemay
Oy vey. Planning a trip to Melbourne for August and was thinking of scheduling so that I could try out J on the A350, but should I actually be trying to avoid it and stick to the A330 instead?
I wouldn't avoid it - the seats are very comfortable. Check all functions of the seat as soon as you board.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 10:45 pm

Originally Posted by suziemay
Originally Posted by sabbasolo
I wouldn't avoid it - the seats are very comfortable. Check all functions of the seat as soon as you board.
So I took my trip on the A350 (HKG-MEL) and it was good overall! The seats looked new, so I'm thinking seats have been replaced?

There were a few things that didn't work perfectly but didn't bother me too much once i figured it out:
- IFE screen wouldn't pop out, it had to be coaxed out by pushing up then out while simultaneously pressing the release that should have automatically popped it out
- similar issue with the arm rest, I had to pull it out, pressing down on the release didn't do anything.

Thanks @sabbasolo for the tip to check the seat prior to settling in so I was able to get someone to help me before the flight.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:25 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
To the poster above, A350 J class is quite lovely (provided you don't have the very two front middle seats). A subtle but certain improvement over the 77W and A333 versions of CX's Cirrus J. The extra bedspace, thanks to putting padding atop the new storage cabinet top, is brilliant.

And having WiFi is also solid. Helps hugely that CX WiFi is up there among the best in the sky. And....it works over mainland China, unlike *everyone* else.
Old Aug 6, 2017, 8:52 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288
To the poster above, A350 J class is quite lovely (provided you don't have the very two front middle seats). A subtle but certain improvement over the 77W and A333 versions of CX's Cirrus J. The extra bedspace, thanks to putting padding atop the new storage cabinet top, is brilliant.

And having WiFi is also solid. Helps hugely that CX WiFi is up there among the best in the sky. And....it works over mainland China, unlike *everyone* else.
I definitely enjoyed the flight (was in J). Was just a little apprehensive before the flight because of all the reports of the subpar seats but didn't seem to be too much of an issue on my flight other than the things I mentioned above.

I do agree that seats 11D-G are horrendous because of the proximity to the lav. Never seen such badly positioned seats before.

For me the most positive difference flying the A350 was the humidity; definitely felt much more refreshed after a 9-hour flight. The IFE was also a nice upgrade with shiny screen. Overall not sure I would plan around just y fly on the A350 but at least no longer apprehensive

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.