Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 16, 2017, 9:39 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
CX will not be retrofitting 777s with the same seats as A350s, however they will be adding leg rests to the existing seats:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacific-upgrades-boeing-777-premium-economy
Print Wikipost

77W PEY retrofit [only footrests]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
KPM - refitted
Old Jul 10, 2017, 11:38 pm

Programs: CX MPC Gold
Just flew B-KQK 77H in premium economy- the middle section bulkhead is very spacious so it should be the old layout. The metal flip down strip is very uncomfortable- who would rest their feet on a thin metal strip for 10+ hours?! Also the metal strip cannot be protruded further from the leg rest. For average height person like me, thighs cannot rest comfortably on the seat cushion if metal strip is flipped down.

CX should consider replacing the metal strip with a softer material, and have adjustable length as people have different heights.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:25 am

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Originally Posted by ac8781
Just flew B-KQK 77H in premium economy- the middle section bulkhead is very spacious so it should be the old layout. The metal flip down strip is very uncomfortable- who would rest their feet on a thin metal strip for 10+ hours?! Also the metal strip cannot be protruded further from the leg rest. For average height person like me, thighs cannot rest comfortably on the seat cushion if metal strip is flipped down.

CX should consider replacing the metal strip with a softer material, and have adjustable length as people have different heights.
Did you know that the leg rest actually extends? You can find an actuator down by your right knee-pit.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:25 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by chitink
i have this seat next month and are worried about stories of people crossing over also. Thought of bringing a bag and putting it in the way but didn't know if thag would even work.
i put my lwga up on the bulkhead and people still go over my legs.

perhaps its best just to access their rows for fun
Old Jul 11, 2017, 12:48 pm

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
Originally Posted by kaka
i put my lwga up on the bulkhead and people still go over my legs.

perhaps its best just to access their rows for fun
Just a thought of curiosity, are pax supposed to cross through the Y galley behind in order to access the restroom on the other side?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:32 pm

Programs: CX
Originally Posted by hl176
Just a thought of curiosity, are pax supposed to cross through the Y galley behind in order to access the restroom on the other side?
Supposingly, yes....
Reality...
Old Jul 11, 2017, 6:34 pm

Programs: OZ*G, LA/Emerald, StarbucksHK Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
KPM - refitted
Does anyone have a full list of all the 77W that has already been refitted?
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:01 pm

This is something we could track by people reporting it. But it would be tough to have an accurate record without insider knowledge which we don't have.

Personally I choose an aisle last row when flying PY every time. I've done that since well before the bulkhead clearance reduction. No issues with recline complainers and I find the dropdown foot rest more comfortable than the metal bar. The cushion and thigh rest is now a bonus.

Therefore this list wouldn't be of benefit to me.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:25 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by chitink
i have this seat next month and are worried about stories of people crossing over also. Thought of bringing a bag and putting it in the way but didn't know if thag would even work.
Won't. People will still just walk over your leg and bag
Old Aug 23, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: ex-ExPlat, AA Lifetime Platinum
Any update on the retrofit for the 77W SFO-HKG CX879?
Old Aug 23, 2017, 9:19 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
To all: there are no route-specific retrofits

Originally Posted by geezersrule
Any update on the retrofit for the 77W SFO-HKG CX879?
There are no route-specific retrofits. Long story short, all planes rotate through all scheduled destinations.

CX has two subfleets of their 77Ws: 77H (4 class, with F) and 77G (3 class, no F). CX870/879 is served by 77G, as are a bunch of other cities and routes (you can see in the link I've provided below). It's not like there are specific 77G planes just for SFO, so you'll need to wait until the entire subfleet is reconfigured to "guarantee" it....which still hasn't happened yet.

SFO currently has 2 flights with 77G and 1 flight with 77H. This will switch in 4Q when 1x daily will be 77G, 1x daily 35G, and 1x daily 77H.

The only way to guarantee the footrest-enabled PEY right now is to fly on the A350, which are all delievered new with a footrest. If you want to guarantee it to SFO, then you must fly after Oct 28 on CX893/892 which will be flown by A350. Or, wait until 100% of the 77W fleet is reconfigured.

Cathay Pacific / Cathay Dragon Route, Fleet and Configuration Guide
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:49 pm

Just took a 77w from HKG to MEL which had the new legrests. Makes it sooooo much better.
Old Sep 14, 2017, 3:00 pm

Programs: SQ QPPS, *A Gold, EK Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
KPM - refitted
Can also attest that B-KPE has retrofitted PEY's. Flew in yesterday on HKG-SFO (CX872) and was seated in 33A - VERY comfortable and was able to sleep for 8 of the 11h30 min flight! Perhaps moderators can create a wiki on this thread with a running list of retrofitted aircraft as and when folks experience it
Old Sep 14, 2017, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by kaushik123
Perhaps moderators can create a wiki on this thread with a running list of retrofitted aircraft as and when folks experience it
Not sure what purpose that would serve. You can't choose a frame, you can only choose a route. We only indicate the livery updates because it's very easy to verify.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat
Old 30D PEY extension secret sought

Hi Learned Ones:

Could someone point me to information on how to get the leg rest to extend on 30D PEY seat? Flew in 30D ORD-HKG but was told by crew that it did not extend. I am flying HKG-ORD on 25 November in 30D. It would be a truly great thing to get that metal footrest to extend so I can sleep better. I was in the same seat on the 350 HKG - MNL and the new easy-to-extend footrest made all the difference in the world wrt comfort.

Thanks in advance.

DocD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.