Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Void/cancel remaining segments

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Void/cancel remaining segments

I have a partially used round-trip ticket booked through a travel agent. The remaining segment is from YYZ to HKG in economy. I want to issue biz award ticket on the same YYZ-HKG flight.

I need to cancel the economy ticket before I issue the biz ticket to avoid duplicate bookings.

Here is my question: can I contact the airline to void/cancel the remaining YYZ-HKG flight? Is it always free of charge if I do not need any refund?

Thank you very much for your kind advice.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Qatar Priviledge Club Plat
It all depends on your fare booking class , but not 100% sure thou. Best to give CX a call or try canceling it online and see if any price occurs for trying to cancel the segment.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:59 pm

You can cancel the booking (but not the ticket) online, free of charge, if the cancel booking button pop up. Ticket cannot be cancelled online in any event.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
Originally Posted by LchChester
You can cancel the booking (but not the ticket) online, free of charge, if the cancel booking button pop up. Ticket cannot be cancelled online in any event.
try doing anything online I had 100% hit raito of not being able to ammend/cancel booking online even under manage my booking popups.

anyways you can cancel your BOOKING (ala reservation) without issue. Cancelling a ticket etc is a different issue. Or depending on your subclasses there could be some residual value although highly unlikely in most cases.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Thank you guys very much!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.