Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stopover on one way ticket?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 12:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum Pro, AS MVP Gold
Stopover on one way ticket?

Hi all,

I have ~80k Asia miles expiring soon and i'm trying to make good use of it. This is probably answered somewhere but i can't find a definite answer on it (i found a thread that someone said if one stopover is allowed if only flying on CX?)

I'm planning to fly JAL/CX one-way ticket : LAX-NRT-TPE-HKG for ~7450 miles which would cost me 70k according to the first chart (Asia Miles Awards Chart).

https://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/redeem/charts

My question is, can I do a stopover at both NRT and TPE? or just one of them? or none of them as they all have to be layovers?

Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2017, 1:16 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
4.For one-way Flight Award, the sum of the total sectors to be flown will count for redemption purposes. In such circumstances, only one en route stopover is allowed.

(c.f. 2.The Member or the Nominee may make two stopovers, two transfers or one open-jaw at either the origin, en route or turnaround point on all airline partners...)
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:54 pm
Original Member

Hello all
Does anyone know if there are any routing restrictions on one-way awards? I understand from the above that only one stopover is permitted.

For example, could one do SYD-HKG (transit for less than 24 hours) - CDG (stopover) - JFK (destination) on a one-way award?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:05 pm

The one stopover allowance can be used as transit, but you cannot have stopover and transit on a one-way.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by leroy11
Hello all
Does anyone know if there are any routing restrictions on one-way awards? I understand from the above that only one stopover is permitted.

For example, could one do SYD-HKG (transit for less than 24 hours) - CDG (stopover) - JFK (destination) on a one-way award?
no transit, only 1 stopover
so you may not do SYD-xhkg-ocdg-jfk
you may use a stopover as transit nonetheless(might need some pushing w some thick agents tho)
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:07 pm
Original Member

Thanks very much Percysmith so if there are two transits on a one-way itinerary like SYD-HKG-CDG-JFK, no stopovers are permitted?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:08 pm
Original Member

Thanks Kaka - understood!
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:46 pm

You can't ticket SYD-HKG-CDG-JFK
You will have to split it as SYD-HKG (Zone C), HKG-CDG-JFK (Zone D) at least. Rely on CX to check thru SYD-HKG and HKG-CDG on seperate tickets
In J this will be 80K + 120K = 200K AM

However if you add additional segments you can avail yourself of round-trip mileage requirements:

- Asia Miles award: add something CX back to Aus like (you already have AA for CDG-JFK, HKG-CNS is the shortest segment I can think of to get you back to Australia and qualify for round-trip mileage requirement): Zone F award 175,000 AM https://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/redeem/charts#1

- Oneworld award: adding something QF back to Aus. Once you're a oneworld award you count by distance, but SYD-HKG-CDG-JFK is already 14,332, so it's Zone 09 135,000 AM in J no matter which QF segment you add (up to 3,668mi) https://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/redeem/charts#4.

QF: ticket something you might use in the future.

Last edited by percysmith; Feb 6, 2017 at 8:56 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.