Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amuse bouche cut from 1 Feb

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: Meh
Originally Posted by TurtleEyes
Looks like they are adopting BA's model.
I really hope CX does not reduce themselves to what BA is becoming.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by stevie
I really hope CX does not reduce themselves to what BA is becoming.
Let's hope not. Some of my 'highlights' with BA in F from LHR to KUL:
  • 2 hour wait for a meal (which came from J);
  • 50+ minute wait for a coffee;
  • Rude cabin crew;
  • Dirty toilets;
  • Non-existent customer service;
  • To Fly. (not) To Serve.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 12:57 pm

Wow CX just keeps going downhill and I have a feeling there will be more cuts to come...@:-)
Old Jan 28, 2017, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by 380Flyer
They may as well shut down the airline!
Can I nominate this as the most Flyertalk reaction of all time?

No amuse-bouche?! That's it, turn off the lights, close it all down.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:32 am

The amuse course was cat food, I think.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:52 am

Not particularly bothered about the amuse bouche but the eking away of fairly minor service elements is worrying. Following the BA model is not a good idea for CX.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 8:53 am
Uli

Although I dont eat fish so I cannot have the amouse bouche 90% of the time, I fully support QRC´s post

Last week I asked if they discontinued the diamond card, and FAs said "no", but they forgot it. Like on many flights. Certainly, before I receive some bashing, it is not polite to ask for something like this, but this was part of a long and friendly discussion about CX F. there was time to discuss as this was the first flight to FRA since year without a full load of passengers.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Uli
Last week I asked if they discontinued the diamond card, and FAs said "no", but they forgot it. Like on many flights. Certainly, before I receive some bashing, it is not polite to ask for something like this, but this was part of a long and friendly discussion about CX F. there was time to discuss as this was the first flight to FRA since year without a full load of passengers.
I don't think that it's at all rude to ask about it; but, TBH, I really could not care less about a handwritten note card which is provided pursuant to corporate mandate. I'd much rather have a sincere, verbal, "Thank you for flying with us today. Your business means a lot, and we're glad to have you with us."

The amuse bouche? I liked it when it was introduced. One I particularly liked was raw salmon with mango, IIRC. But if it's gone, it's gone. I consider it a nice-to-have; but it's removal is not a disaster, nor is it a reason for me to consider changing carriers when I would normally fly CX on that particular route/day/flight.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:37 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
I wonder if CX would attempt to change Krug too...
Old Jan 30, 2017, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
I wonder if CX would attempt to change Krug too...
Anything to placate the shareholders.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MattEvan
Anything to placate the shareholders.
Do I detect some cynicism? As I've said before, airlines are businesses; and shareholders are the owners of the business. Is the idea anything other than to make it as profitable as possible? Airlines have lots of smart people who model this stuff. When something is cut (e.g., amuse bouche), someone on staff has already determined that the savings will exceed any lost revenue.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 5:40 am
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Do I detect some cynicism? As I've said before, airlines are businesses; and shareholders are the owners of the business. Is the idea anything other than to make it as profitable as possible? Airlines have lots of smart people who model this stuff. When something is cut (e.g., amuse bouche), someone on staff has already determined that the savings will exceed any lost revenue.
Just like those smart people who determined fuel hedging is a brilliant idea? Having smart people to model this stuff doesn't mean you are always right.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 7:34 am

Programs: United Silver, Hyatt, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Global Entry
Is it a financially smart move to remove items from F long haul flights especially..... as opposed to J or below?

You risk alienating a small quantity of VERY high paying customers (who might easily go else ware since they have the resources and want the very best service).

Removing something as small as amuse bouche from a $20,000-$25,000 ticket for JFK-HKG doesn't seem as the wisest move IMO

Again not everyone pays that...some upgrade using miles...but still...
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by elg26
Is it a financially smart move to remove items from F long haul flights especially..... as opposed to J or below?

You risk alienating a small quantity of VERY high paying customers (who might easily go else ware since they have the resources and want the very best service).

Removing something as small as amuse bouche from a $20,000-$25,000 ticket for JFK-HKG doesn't seem as the wisest move IMO

some bean counter somewhere probably calculated that it takes x amount of fuel to carry the 6 cups and amuse bouche for x amount of miles, and that it saves CX x dollars if they cut it... Bean counters never look at the big picture unfortunately...
Old Jan 31, 2017, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JALPak
Just like those smart people who determined fuel hedging is a brilliant idea? Having smart people to model this stuff doesn't mean you are always right.
Of course not. But what percentage of F pax (regardless of whether paying in cash or by award) are going to change carriers because of the loss of the amuse bouche? How many additional pax do you estimate that CX got as a result of adding the amuse bouche a few years ago?

Originally Posted by elg26

Miles are a form of payment. And I would repeat the same question I asked above: What percentage of F pax (regardless of whether paying with cash or miles) are going to change carriers because of the loss of the amuse bouche?

Originally Posted by tfung
some bean counter somewhere probably calculated that it takes x amount of fuel to carry the 6 cups and amuse bouche for x amount of miles, and that it saves CX x dollars if they cut it... Bean counters never look at the big picture unfortunately...
Forget the fuel, -- what about the cost of the item?

From my perspective, if CX didn't think that it would be a net positive, they wouldn't do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.