Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Have any of the Marco Polo status members here complained to CX

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Gold

Have any of you here made formal complaints with CX to air your dissatisfaction with their declining service? Do you think management will act on it?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by boybi
Have any of you here made formal complaints with CX to air your dissatisfaction with their declining service? Do you think management will act on it?
yes and no
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:23 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kaka
yes and no
Agreed.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Another yes and no here.

That's why MPC is not worth it IMO.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:31 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, UA Platinum, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat
I suspect they've heard it all..

The best vote is with your pocketbook if it bothers you that much. The problem likely is from the top and if the direction is to "cost cut" then no amount of complaining will achieve much.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
Yes and no. I suspect like countless others.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 11:53 pm

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
you can lead a horse to water but you cant force it to drink it.

i am indifferent one form or other. choices are plentiful and sooner they bust and result in increase in competition from future hk based career it benefits me
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by garykung
Another yes and no here.

That's why MPC is not worth it IMO.
I agree with our findings but i dont quite agree with ur conclusion

i think mpc is worth it for those high rollers who get fed business lunch/dinner/Flounge food before heading onto the plane to sleep in J/F.

MPO in turn gives them goodies n flexibilities that you wont get unless ure a DM.
they the DMs probably wouldnt even care about our complaints either
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:28 am

yes and no for me too.

I have generally found that complaints made e.g. in writing get a very formulaic response which often doesn't address the issue at all. Cathay seems to view them as statistics to be got through in terms of response, rather than free, valuable insights from customers which could point them to some underlying problems with their service delivery and/or business model. I have had more responsiveness when complaining in person but normally that is limited to a specific operational issue.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 12:38 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Yes and No..

This is the usual canned response I get every time I send a feedback.

Thank you for contacting us. Your feedback is extremely important to us as it gives us an opportunity to improve our services.

I understand that you were upset by your recent experience, and would like to apologise if our service was not up to the standards you expected.

We certainly appreciate our valued members like yourself sharing their views and concerns with us, as it is feedback from our frequent fliers that enables us to identify areas where there is room for improvement. I regret to learn that you have been left disappointed with our meal service and do apologise for any displeasure resulted. This incident has been brought to the attention of our Catering team for their review and follow up.

Thank you once again for bringing your concerns to our attention. I very much hope your next experience with us will be more enjoyable.

Last edited by FlyPointyEnd; Jan 24, 2017 at 12:45 am
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:43 am
Suspended

I was just told flight im on is "full" but they arent willing to move me on standby (can only standby for same calendar day w a fee)

they better not be looking for volunteers tmr
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:16 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
The missus has just bought an Ivanchu plush toy. I can stick pins in him on request from any of you.

Attached Images  
Old Jan 24, 2017, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by kaka
I agree with our findings but i dont quite agree with ur conclusion
There is a reason why I said IMO - I am trying to avoid discussion how MPC is worthy (or not worthy) to a person.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:10 am
feh

Programs: Cathay Pacific, Air Astana
Well, I was scathing in the recent survey - but I suspect my response would at best get "aggregated" (although I did give permission to pass on my MPC number)
But no, I don't see much changing for those of us who've been loyal customers for over 15 years, but who have usually turned right on boarding.
Unless and until there's a proper clear-out at the top levels of CX, I suspect CX will continue to wane, sadly.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by feh
Well, I was scathing in the recent survey - but I suspect my response would at best get "aggregated" (although I did give permission to pass on my MPC number)
But no, I don't see much changing for those of us who've been loyal customers for over 15 years, but who have usually turned right on boarding.
Unless and until there's a proper clear-out at the top levels of CX, I suspect CX will continue to wane, sadly.
Vote with your wallet. This is one DM who has done so. Of my 6 planned long hauls in J both trans-Pacific and to Europe this year, only 1 is CX, 1 QR, 1 BA, 2 MH with the last TBD. Only 5 years ago it would probably have been 5 CX and 1 BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.