Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SYD CX earliest check in time

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
SYD CX earliest check in time

Hi, would anyone here know what time the earliest check in could be for

CX 100 (SYD - HKG) departing 3:50pm? Would I be able to check in luggage in the morning?

Alternatively, if travelling HBO but with an infant, would I be able to do OLCI?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:55 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
I'll stick my neck out a bit
I arrived in YVR 6 hours early for CX889 YVR-HKG two months ago.
But they were checking in CX888 YVR-JFK
The GA (CX own) was happy to check me in and let me start my lounge crawl.

SYD is also CX own, so (fingers crossed) you should be able to get away with it?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Originally Posted by ermen
Hi, would anyone here know what time the earliest check in could be for

CX 100 (SYD - HKG) departing 3:50pm? Would I be able to check in luggage in the morning?

Alternatively, if travelling HBO but with an infant, would I be able to do OLCI?
Check in landside any time within 3 hours prior any CX departing flight. You can do OLCI, if you have no check in luggage you can print the BP on paper and proceed through immigration if check in is not open (no mobile BP AFAIK). But I guess with the infant you have check in landside. What is HBO?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold
In Sydney airport, I did checkin one evening flight in the morning to save luggage storage fee. Thus, as long as the checkin counters open, you can checkin any flights in the same day.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by jacobsleather
Check in landside any time within 3 hours prior any CX departing flight. You can do OLCI, if you have no check in luggage you can print the BP on paper and proceed through immigration if check in is not open (no mobile BP AFAIK). But I guess with the infant you have check in landside. What is HBO?
Sorry was not clear - HBO is hand baggage only.

Yes I thought that one could OLCI - but there's a complication with the infant perhaps...

But if others say I can check in as long as a counter is open, perhaps that could work
Old Jan 17, 2017, 10:18 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by ermen
Sorry was not clear - HBO is hand baggage only.

Yes I thought that one could OLCI - but there's a complication with the infant perhaps...

But if others say I can check in as long as a counter is open, perhaps that could work
At SYD, you check in at any time when counter's open. so that means you can check in from as early as 5:40am to around 10:30 in the morning (summer time), so yes, you can check in and drop your luggage any time before counter close for CX162.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (LTG), OW Emerald, Accor Platinum; Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Ausriver
At SYD, you check in at any time when counter's open. so that means you can check in from as early as 5:40am to around 10:30 in the morning (summer time), so yes, you can check in and drop your luggage any time before counter close for CX162.
Sorry to bump this but if I'm on CX 110 with a 7.30AM departure. Being at airport 3 hours prior has been recommended due to extra security screening so if CX Check-in counters open at 5.40AM and there is a massive security screening queue (even with fast track) may that mean no real lounge time?

CJ
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:19 am

you will have at least 1.5 hour lounge time.
Old Jul 31, 2017, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Ausriver
you will have at least 1.5 hour lounge time.
Decided to call CX and clarify-was told check-in opens at 4.30AM for CX 110. So is it 5.40AM as I've read and been told or is it CX's assurance (via phone) it's 4.30AM?

Last edited by Cedar Jet; Jul 31, 2017 at 7:10 pm
Old Aug 1, 2017, 2:58 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
CX110 leaves later in the Australian summer season, around 8:30/8:40 hence the 5:40am 3 hours rule.

CX110 leaves 7:30am in the winter hence 4:30am.

I'll be taking that flight in the next few weeks. Ungodly hour, thankfully I live close to the airport.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by JClasstraveller
CX110 leaves later in the Australian summer season, around 8:30/8:40 hence the 5:40am 3 hours rule.

CX110 leaves 7:30am in the winter hence 4:30am.

I'll be taking that flight in the next few weeks. Ungodly hour, thankfully I live close to the airport.
Thanks JClass.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
I’m taking CX138 on Saturday that departs SYD at 21:55, would anyone know what time counters open? I’m afraid the most I could get for late check out at the hotel is 3pm.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:48 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
3 hours before the flight. If you don't check luggage, you can OLCI and print the BP at the hotel (no mobile BP I believe) and get there as early as you like. Proceed to gate ~20 mins before boarding for document check or they will be calling you.

If you check luggage you will have to wait until 7pm as QF doesn't offer bag drop services for CX.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Thanks! Unfortunately I’m traveling on holiday with my sisters and we have quite a number of checked bags.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Thanks! Unfortunately I’m traveling on holiday with my sisters and we have quite a number of checked bags.
You can check in whenever the counter's open.... However that will mean an extra trip to the airport as the previous flight CX100 departs 14:15 and I think the regular check in counters close 45 minutes before departure and the service desk will open until very close to departure (depends if there were no shows I guess). So if you can be at the airport before 2pm, you can check in all your bags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.