Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Splitting / re-booking AM redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platinum

Have wife and daughter booked using AM on a return J fare to HKG. Now daughter needs to leave early but no award availability in peak season, so have bought her a Y cash one-way fare home. Want to cancel her return J leg to get some of the points back.

Told by AM via email that they can't split the booking and would have to cancel then re-book both individually, subject to fee (fine), but that since there is no award availability left I would lose the booking (even though I'd be re-booking into the same seat on the outbound)!

I guess I could call after the outbound leg is flown, but my worry is in the process that I lose wife's return J seat home.

Any ways around this?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Any PEY / Y award for the return flight? Try to ask if they can put your daughter in PEY / Y first with a J redemption and wait and see if any J seat released at last minute... At least she can get back first

p.s. No guarantee that they will entertain your request
Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:47 am

Can split and keep the seat. Try another agent.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Sorry to bump an old thread. Any more data points as to whether splitting multi-pax award bookings is possible, and for ones involving partner airlines at that? Specifically asking about a OW multi-carrier award.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.