Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX lounge in CMB - worst ever?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan
I think most lounges at CMB are pretty poor. If CX had a viable alternative, I think they would have used it.
Old Jan 7, 2017, 9:37 pm

CMB is pretty awful but at least it has a shower and hot food.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Funny enough the other day I went to both the Serendib and the Lotus Lounge in search of a curry.

Found out the food was the same (Lotus was a smaller subset of the Serendib!) Think both lounges get their food from the same caterer lol...

Fwiw, food in Lotus and Aaraliyah are also the same - just the latter gets more crowded...

So yes, CMB lounges are well nothing to write about... Serendib is the best of the lot there, but still very basic (food though is actually quite good decent though... esp when they have a curry!)

PS: Op could have gone to the Serendib as a CX J Pax... staff will try to turn you away, but you need to tell them you want to be here under the oneworld policy
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:40 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by ermen
Funny enough the other day I went to both the Serendib and the Lotus Lounge in search of a curry.

Found out the food was the same (Lotus was a smaller subset of the Serendib!) Think both lounges get their food from the same caterer lol...

Fwiw, food in Lotus and Aaraliyah are also the same - just the latter gets more crowded...

So yes, CMB lounges are well nothing to write about... Serendib is the best of the lot there, but still very basic (food though is actually quite good decent though... esp when they have a curry!)

PS: Op could have gone to the Serendib as a CX J Pax... staff will try to turn you away, but you need to tell them you want to be here under the oneworld policy
I think UL is the least oneworld integrated member out there. When entering their lounges they look puzzled to see why is someone in Y trying to get in and when you tell them about oneworld, they ring up their colleagues and ask them. Same thing with using Serendib as OW J pax, I keep seeing reports of staff not knowing what to do when they see these pax.

I also agree on the food. It is very good in both Serendib and Serendiva (it's the same menu actually across UL,Araliya and Lotus lounges).
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
I actually love the lotus lounge, it is quite and clean. When you've travelled enough in South East Asia, that's all you would look for in a lounge.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 7:16 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
(it's the same menu actually across UL,Araliya and Lotus lounges).
Happy to be wrong, but I do disagree. The 2 Sernd's are UL run and Lotus/Araliya are run by the Airport Authority SL- which while quite 'the same' are different entities (the saree the ladies wear has oh so minute differences!). On more than one occasion, having loaded myself up on curry during the SL stay, I've snuck into the Lotus lounge for a last minute fix of devilled dishes which the UL lounges didn't have. The booze selection is also quite different.

(30 odd exCMB departures in the last couple of years here.)
Old Jan 8, 2017, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by jagmeets
Happy to be wrong, but I do disagree. The 2 Sernd's are UL run and Lotus/Araliya are run by the Airport Authority SL- which while quite 'the same' are different entities (the saree the ladies wear has oh so minute differences!). On more than one occasion, having loaded myself up on curry during the SL stay, I've snuck into the Lotus lounge for a last minute fix of devilled dishes which the UL lounges didn't have. The booze selection is also quite different.

(30 odd exCMB departures in the last couple of years here.)
My last departure was <2 months ago.

Menu in the Lotus was same as Serendib (smaller subset, but same dishes). I never observed it before, only this time as i wondering if any of the lounges had a curry.

I'll be there in 2 weeks, may check it out again...
Old Jan 9, 2017, 12:05 am

Programs: Frantic Hilton/Marriott runs
For the next few months, you will be grateful to be waiting in a lounge in CMB. Expect lengthy delays and chaos while CMB repairs its runway till 6 Apr
Old Jan 9, 2017, 2:35 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Platinum, Amex SPG, Chase CSR, Citi TYP
Been to the CX lounge in DAC? At least the CX lounge in CMB is comparable to some Admiral Lounges in the US. The Plaza Premium Lounge that CX uses in DEL is the same, if not worse.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Alawyer
For the next few months, you will be grateful to be waiting in a lounge in CMB. Expect lengthy delays and chaos while CMB repairs its runway till 6 Apr
Does anyone have first hand experience of how bad it really is since the work started?

I've got a 7.40am flight from CMB in a couple of months (on UL in J) and I REALLY don't want to have to arrive at the airport at 2.40am!
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Safetravel3
Been to the CX lounge in DAC? At least the CX lounge in CMB is comparable to some Admiral Lounges in the US. The Plaza Premium Lounge that CX uses in DEL is the same, if not worse.
I guess everything is better than the RJ Domestic lounge in AMM used for the two daily flights.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26889035-post3.html
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:25 am

I guess everything is better than the RJ Domestic lounge in AMM used for the two daily flights.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26889035-post3.html
Ouch... same as the CX/Dragon lounge in DAC
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:30 am

Ouch... same as the CX/Dragon lounge in DAC
You mean this one? (this is what oneworld lounge finder shows for DAC)
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...ecutive-Lounge

It looks like pure luxury in comparison to RJ Domestic.
Old Jan 9, 2017, 5:57 am

You mean this one? (this is what oneworld lounge finder shows for DAC)
https://www.prioritypass.com/en/Loun...ecutive-Lounge

It looks like pure luxury in comparison to RJ Domestic.
Yes, the famous Ruposhi Bangla Hotel lounge. I think SQ used it too. But the place was pretty awful when you actually see it, not to mention the mosquitos at the airport and smell of urine on the staircase to the second floor where the lounges are located. To digress just a little, I think that no place beats the mosquitos at DAC. I remember the SQ and CX ladies were waving their electric mosquito zappers at the cabin door while welcoming the passengers onboard - quite a sight. Regardless, RJ domestic lounge looks pretty bad.

Last edited by Safetravel3; Jan 9, 2017 at 6:05 am
Old Jan 9, 2017, 6:23 am

Yes, the famous Ruposhi Bangla Hotel lounge. I think SQ used it too. But the place was pretty awful when you actually see it, not to mention the mosquitos at the airport and smell of urine on the staircase to the second floor where the lounges are located. To digress just a little, I think that no place beats the mosquitos at DAC. I remember the SQ and CX ladies were waving their electric mosquito zappers at the cabin door while welcoming the passengers onboard - quite a sight. Regardless, RJ domestic lounge looks pretty bad.
LOL,at least the RJ domestic lounge smells pleasant.

I think in these kind of airports/lounges it's better for airlines to issue vouchers to their premium pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.