Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX First Class Lounge Menus

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:41 am

The Pier F dinner menu. Haven’t seen many of these items before.
The Pier F menu June 2019
Carfield and allset2travel like this.

Last edited by Non Compos Mentis; Jun 6, 2019 at 4:42 am Reason: Photo did not upload
Old Jun 26, 2019, 1:13 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Heathrow, June 23 2019.

Old Jul 2, 2019, 2:01 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Any updated menu for the Wing?
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Pier F Aug 19

At the Pier last night, while, y'know, stranded with absolutely no idea what was going on outside...

Pier dinner menu Aug 2019

Pier Drinks Menu Aug 2019
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:43 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
There are worse places to be stuck for a few hours!
Old Oct 1, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Any update on the Heathrow menu?
Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:27 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob

Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by sxc

Wow
seems like they improved dramatically overnight
Old Oct 25, 2019, 4:29 am

Programs: QF Emerald. SQ Gold.
wow either sxc has a superb camera, or CX upped its game. I always despised Wing and felt PIER had far superior food but trek down to gate 65 was deterrent... i might actually try to visit early next time i fly.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 6:03 am

May seem like a silly question, but can you order any lunch items during the breakfast hours?
Old Oct 30, 2019, 3:51 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
Originally Posted by fakecd
wow either sxc has a superb camera, or CX upped its game. I always despised Wing and felt PIER had far superior food but trek down to gate 65 was deterrent... i might actually try to visit early next time i fly.
It is all relative and hence one shouldn't complain too much but I do find that some of these dishes at Pier F which look excellent on paper can be let down quite significantly in the execution. The result is that I find them very hit and miss (and the same could be said I think about the "new" onboard catering in J). While I think Pier F is a terrific lounge in so many respects, it could be stellar if this could be improved. In some cases it is the little or simpler things that could make all the difference. Examples include ensuring that food which should be served hot, actually comes out of the kitchen hot and using better quality bread and pastries. I find the bread used throughout the lounge in particular to be a major source of disappointment: when used in pantry hors d'ouuvre it is often stale, items badged as "sourdough" on the menu give all the appearance and taste of having been taken out of a processed bread packet etc. But, as I say it is all relative and as an airline lounge overall I think still outstanding.
Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:48 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Pier F Breakfast - November

Old Nov 1, 2019, 8:49 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2019, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by fakecd
This time around, the food was better, at least to me. While I wasn't crazy about the omnipork (couldn't really find the pork and don't really care for brown rice), the flank steak was fine. Of course, I'd prefer a ribeye, but wouldn't expect to find that cut at any airline lounge, I suppose. At least they cooked it to a proper medium rare, which is more than I can say for some steakhouses.

Pier F menu is definitely has a wider selection than the Wing, unless one cares about the buffet stuff.
Old Nov 3, 2019, 3:40 am

Had a terrible & depressing experience at the Wing today. The menu in the sit-down dining area was terrible (only Asian option was a fake pork dish and a poached chicken), buffet was lacklustre. I ordered the Halibut filet but it came out lukewarm and the skin was not crisp / basically inedible.

Ended up going to the Wing J lounge where I found a delicious spread of food + beef brisket noodles (which weren't available for order in the F lounge, no idea why)

I'm likely not going to make Diamond this year and I have 0 regrets about it. The first time I ate at CX J lounge they served Peking Duck and a lot of excellently done Asian dishes (spicy water-boiled fish, XO & chili beef) and even more inspired Western dishes (roast lamb shank, actually crispy pan-seared salmon).

This has been a terrible experience and after I spend a bit of time in a cabana / shower I'm going to head over to the Qantas lounge for a nightcap & some dessert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.