Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX First Class Lounge Menus

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2019, 9:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by remymartin
I'm pretty sure I saw LP as a third option in the beverage buffet area on Tuesday. Did you ask an associate?
LP was brought about 2h before a CX flight to the buffet. It seems LP is available when there are CX flights.
remymartin likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, HHDiamond, IHG Diamond Elite Ambassador, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by florens
LP was brought about 2h before a CX flight to the buffet. It seems LP is available when there are CX flights.
The opposite today, the Laurent Perrier and Joseph Perrier only brought out in the F Lounge at noon after the departure of CX 252 @ 11.20am. Now 3 white and 1 rose champagnes on self pour in the F lounge!
remymartin likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:46 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, HH Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Grafton001

The opposite today, the Laurent Perrier and Joseph Perrier only brought out in the F Lounge at noon after the departure of CX 252 @ 11.20am. Now 3 white and 1 rose champagnes on self pour in the F lounge!
Indeed. Was back in there today too. Probably the other champagnes are as backup if LP is out or so. Anyway, good to have LP and JP back!
Old Mar 3, 2019, 10:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Pier F - March 2019 menu

Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:14 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Looking at all the recent menus, there's not much on the menus that require fresh cooking anymore. Everything can be pre-cooked and left on a warmer, ready for serving. Good for delivery speed, but not great for quality.

Compared to the Qantas F lounge menus where most things are prepared fresh.
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
Looking at all the recent menus, there's not much on the menus that require fresh cooking anymore. Everything can be pre-cooked and left on a warmer, ready for serving. Good for delivery speed, but not great for quality.

Compared to the Qantas F lounge menus where most things are prepared fresh.
where’s the QF F lounge in hkg?
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:13 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by londonexpert

It's a somewhat disappointing not-even-roped-off-but-only-marked-with-reserved-signs-on-the-table (at least, that is what I remember), in the first part of the "general" Qantas lounge, ie right after the entrance (before the bar).
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Cambo
It's a somewhat disappointing not-even-roped-off-but-only-marked-with-reserved-signs-on-the-table (at least, that is what I remember), in the first part of the "general" Qantas lounge, ie right after the entrance (before the bar).
and they offer a full a la carte menu?

last time I went there they were serving some overdone charsiu and some mass salad things.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:10 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

I meant where there is a QF F lounge ie SYD and MEL. I am comparing First class lounges in their home ports.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 3:26 am

And they offer a full a la carte menu? ....
Sorry, I don't know. Went there one time and was not that much impressed to return. It's open air, with all the noise and pollution that comes in from the (busy) terminal.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by sxc
I meant where there is a QF F lounge ie SYD and MEL. I am comparing First class lounges in their home ports.
Ah got you!

Yes their SYD lounge is pretty good.

But even then I find they have cut back on quality compared to when they first opened 10 years ago -

No more steak.
Also more and more items pretty much just need to reheat. Even the so-called famous salt and pepper squid are more often just luke-warm

The major problem with these QF lounges is the speed and lack of anything substantial you can just take and eat as well.
Old Mar 31, 2019, 11:43 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

The Wing - April 2019

Old May 3, 2019, 9:47 pm

The Pierre F, May 2019, breakfast & lunch menu:

The Poached eggs with hollandaise on toasted muffin.

OK, though missing Salt & Pepper at the table, to lift it from being bland and give it some bite.

Friendly and helpful staff.
Old May 3, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Cambo
The Pierre F, May 2019
Fruedian slip?
orbitmic and Visconti like this.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Fruedian slip?
Feel free, to post your own digital age impressions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.