A350 Seating Guide

Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:09 pm

Programs: CX Marco Polo
Hi all,

Any feedback on 30D? This is HKG-IAD and I have this seat on both there and back.
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: CX MPC, AC Aeroplan
Hi, SeatGuru says for the 35G, seats 14,15 A and K have misaligned window. Is that the case (since SeatGuru is sometimes wrong)? If true, are seats 16, 17, 18 A and K all good seats with proper window view?

Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 2018, 4:25 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by bcskunk
Hi all,

Any feedback on 30D? This is HKG-IAD and I have this seat on both there and back.
Will this be on the A350-1000? If so I would avoid it. The toilet opens onto the seat. Yes there is a curtain but it is in a similar situation to the 11 D/G seats.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:32 am

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold, Qatar Privilege Club Gold
Is 15A and 16A good choice on a 12h long flight to BRU?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Never taken 359 LH at PEY before so this is first time for me. I was unable to reserve row 33 seats at all for ex-EWR flights, called in line and was told per airport requirement, they are reserved for pax required special needs...
Is this true? Last row of PEY for pax special needs required by EWR?
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: Marco Polo Club, KF
Reservation for special needs is not correct in my experience. If 33 is your preference I would stick to D or G on the inboard cluster of seats given AC/HK have the feeling of being set back in the Y cabin. For overnight flights I tend to opt for 30C or H given the additional legroom.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by shek3112
very disappointing that cathay swap my 350-1000 back to 350-900...
experience still good though, i'm at seat 17A, good look out from the windows. Observe that 15/16A does have better aligned windows though.
Do not go for 18/19, 1/3 to half of the windows will be blocked.
Seeing this and reminding myself how I am mildly annoyed by the fact that the cabin doesn't fully align with the windows on the 359 - I was wondering if we could gather collective consensus here on the (mis)alignment of windows and 359 regulars could chip in too. I went back and looked at my own flights/pictures, checked on some youtube shots and have this info so far:

12A - 1.75 windows (console blocks 2nd slightly)
14A - 1.75 windows (console blocks 2nd slightly)
15A - ???
16A - ONE window only (or 1.25 - first one largely 'in' 15A's console)
17A - ???
18A - two full windows
19A - 1.75 windows (console blocks 2nd slightly) (more like 1.95 windows)

20A - ONE window only
21A - two full windows

With the reasoning of 'one', 'two' etc being how much control you have over the window (shade) when seated.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 4:56 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Questions on the A350-900 Economy cabin.

The seats in the first economy cabin seem aligned, but the start of the second cabin they seem misaligned, but by the time they get to the back they are are aligned again.

1) Is this an accurate portrayal of the seats? Depending on what seats are left at T-48 for my next trip next month, my partner and I may both want aisle seats and preferably just across the aisle not an an angle. At the moment, on Q class tickets, we can only pre pay for seats in the first part of the 2nd cabin, ie the misaligned section. I'm hoping at online check in we have more seats to choose from (All sectors currently show 9 for sale in all classes for what that's worth!).

2) If the seats are misaligned and then end up back in sync by row 70, does this mean there is more or less leg room in some seats compared to others?

3) Do the seats in the back row of each cabin recline fully? SeatGuru adopts its usual "seats may not recline fully" approach. Are the toilets a big nuisance here? I can't recall how loud the flushing was compared to other planes.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by shek3112
very disappointing that cathay swap my 350-1000 back to 350-900...
experience still good though, i'm at seat 17A, good look out from the windows. Observe that 15/16A does have better aligned windows though.
Do not go for 18/19, 1/3 to half of the windows will be blocked.
That was the info I was looking for. Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2019, 2:52 pm

Anyone has experience with seat 30C on A350-1000 PEY? This is the only aisle seat left for me.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 2:30 pm

Hi, does anyone have any experience with 30ACHK on the A350-900 PEY?

Trying to pick a seat for an upcoming flight but I'm actually not sure whether the 30ACHK bulkheads actually have extra legroom.

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:44 pm

Programs: Cathay Diamond and Singapore Gold
Hi Definilogy,

Seats 30ACHK are the best PEY seats on 359 in my opinion, certainly get the extra legroom..
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by SilverGGA
Anyone has experience with seat 30C on A350-1000 PEY? This is the only aisle seat left for me.
I got that seat on a long haul (HKG-MAN) and it was quite ok. The lav is right in front of you but IIRC the curtain blocks that view from your seat - (30D is directly facing the lav tho). Personally I like the 30AK better but 30C is great too if u don’t mind the mild traffic to the lav
Old Feb 25, 2019, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by Microtat
Hi Definilogy,

Seats 30ACHK are the best PEY seats on 359 in my opinion, certainly get the extra legroom..
Thanks! Seat reserved!
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:41 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by QRC3288
Correct. Seats 11D/G are essentially sitting in the toilet, and are probably the worst seats in the entire CX longhaul J class inventory, across all birds (the only competitor is seat 20D on 77G, also essentially sitting in the toilet). They are really bad.

A related problem with those seats is, due to the galley config and a slanted curtain, passengers are kinda encouraged to stand in your seat space as they queue up for the bathroom. It's hard for me to describe without pictures but once on board you'll see what I mean.
in 11D (i got on the plane as a goshow, so wasn't too surprised by the seat - as long as it wasn't swapped with IDs (but i dont know this).
because i feel sick facing the direction of the seat (vs facing 100% forward), i was stepping on the curtain so everyone has to use the hinge side of the curtain ie i wont be facing the toilet as someone opens it.

As to galley noise, yes, you can listen to ALL their gossip cuz the plane is more quiet. Still, I like it better than B77W.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.