Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350 Seating Guide

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 3:57 am

Noticed from the seat map that the A359 has quite a lopsided lavatory arrangement in economy (4 left, 2 right). Do people end up trying to cross over the middle bulkhead seats at rows 39/59, or do they just end up waiting longer on the right hand side?
Old Feb 11, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: BAEC
Am interested in views on the best seats in Y for two passengers

​​​​59AC/JK having unlimited legroom but with no storage, I guess TV in armrest, and risk of Pax tripping up over your feet, noise from toilets?

40AB/JK with less legroom (any photos?), I guess storage on bulkhead, TVs in armrest, no risk of Pax tripping up over feet.

Have currently selected seats in row 59 as have OWE status but row 40 is seems an interesting option although not specifically reserved for OWE.

Thanks
Old Feb 11, 2018, 7:49 pm

Programs: BA Silver
You can see some photos here including the TV on the bulkhead.
royng likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 1:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Innocent Abroad
You can see some photos here including the TV on the bulkhead.
Thanks for that Innocent Abroad - very useful. Having travelled in 40K if you had to travel on a CX 359 again would the option to book 40K over a 59 exit row?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 9:28 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
On expert flyer, it looks like the last row of PE is blocked (33ACHK) on CX892 (HKG-SFO) across various dates. Anyone know why that is?
Old Aug 20, 2018, 11:54 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by triplefives
On expert flyer, it looks like the last row of PE is blocked (33ACHK) on CX892 (HKG-SFO) across various dates. Anyone know why that is?
Is it getting close to the departure date? Or, Y might be (close to) oversold so PEY is blocked for potential op-up.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: ex-UA 1K, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Is it getting close to the departure date? Or, Y might be (close to) oversold so PEY is blocked for potential op-up.
This is for a flight leaving on the 31st so we're still about 10 days out. Y looks to be pretty empty - J6 C5 D4 I3 W6 R3 E2 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9
L9 V9 S9 N2 Q7 O0.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 5:38 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by triplefives
This is for a flight leaving on the 31st so we're still about 10 days out. Y looks to be pretty empty - J6 C5 D4 I3 W6 R3 E2 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9
L9 V9 S9 N2 Q7 O0.
I *think* CX usually blocks as it get closer to departure day.

Also departing on 31st to HKG, just not from SFO
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:35 pm

Just have a quick search and it seems we're only covering 35G here. Shall we update the wiki for 35J?

personally i'll have a trip on 35J (Short-haul) though end of the month and will report back ya~

Last edited by shek3112; Sep 6, 2018 at 9:36 pm Reason: wrong memory... it should be 35J for A350-1000 :(
Old Sep 7, 2018, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shek3112
Just have a quick search and it seems we're only covering 35G here. Shall we update the wiki for 35J?

personally i'll have a trip on 35J (Short-haul) though end of the month and will report back ya~
Added the seat map, but i have not flown the 1000 yet to add comments
Old Sep 8, 2018, 11:17 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I don't normally comment on the CX forum but I thought I would pass comment on the 350. I have had a couple of rides recently on the 350-900 from AKL and another to MNL. They are light years ahead of the clunker 340's we were left with until the very end here in NZ. However, I flew on the 350 last week (LRE and LRR) in Biz Class and the earlier example was looking a bit knocked about. I am not sure if it is the quality of the materials or just heavy-handed passengers, but the plane certainly didn't have that new feel about it. The bathrooms are already showing cracks and there are chips and knocks all over the cabin. Seat fabric is not wearing that well, either. I have four 350 rides this month on CX (all 11 hour flights) and I hope I manage to get on one of the newer machines. I remember reading that Finnair was not best pleased with the quality of the materials used on their aircraft.
On both flights I was located at the back of the main cabin. Nice seats and no complaints about the service, meals or IFE. Actually, some really good pro-active service from the crew on my flights. And the fares were a steal, for us here in NZ denied the specials I read elsewhere in the world.I I
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by shek3112

very disappointing that cathay swap my 350-1000 back to 350-900...
experience still good though, i'm at seat 17A, good look out from the windows. Observe that 15/16A does have better aligned windows though.
Do not go for 18/19, 1/3 to half of the windows will be blocked.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:50 am

Originally Posted by LoveHateRelationship
Flying in 40H as we speak and the seat is pretty .... despite what seat guru says. Its IFE is in the armrest so you can't watch anything on final. You also have the constant stream of PEY people going to the loo. 40A and 40K are far better options imo since they also don't have the solid arm rest against the wall so you have a little bit more seat width. You get plenty of leg room without the stream of people.
​​​​​
Thinking about selecting 40G H J and K for an upcoming flight. Is the traffic from PEY to the bathrooms very disruptive to the aisle pax in 40G and 40H? I would probably sit in 40H and can usually sleep through anything if I am tired enough.

My alternative is to select 40AB and 40JK, but I don't want to separate the family unnecessarily, but it is a 14-15 hour flight so comfort (if that's possible in Y) is the main priority.

Thanks!
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:22 am

Programs: BA
Hello all.

I am flying Dub - HKG on Dec 24th. I can see that economy seems to be filling up with premium economy and business still looking a little empty. Would any of you have any advice as to when I should look to purchase upgrade to PE? (2 pax) Thank you.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 9:02 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by Alan Nevin
Hello all.

I am flying Dub - HKG on Dec 24th. I can see that economy seems to be filling up with premium economy and business still looking a little empty. Would any of you have any advice as to when I should look to purchase upgrade to PE? (2 pax) Thank you.
I think you're probably posting in the wrong forum here, this is about seats / where to sit on the A350...

Regardless, I think you might be a little confused so I'll try to point you in the right direction. There generally is no "let's make a deal" on CX if that's what you're asking. In general, and comments about CX's poor financial performance the last few years notwithstanding, CX attempts to protect the integrity of upper cabins by not doing predictable firesales of premium seats like the US carriers do, whether to elites or bidding games or whatnot near-in to departure. Their thinking is if they train people to think the premium cabin can be likely had by buying back of the bus and just waiting for a deal, that's what customers will do.

Since you already have an economy ticket, I think you're asking "when will I get the best deal to upgrade to PEY?" If so, unfortunately this question misses the mark... the answer to you is just "cancel your economy ticket and buy a PEY ticket outright." While CX has an "Upgrade Bid" program, it's not very widespread and certainly not something to count on appearing, and even when it is the majority of the recommended bids reported in here seem wildly outrageous and obviously something is wrong with the system (aka it'd be better off just outright buying the higher class). Anyway search around here for "Upgrade Bid" if that's your question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.