Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A350 Seating Guide

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Is row 30 on A359 with similar leg room compare with the 777s?

I normally go with 30AK for over night flight, as I wouldn't worry about some one stepping over me and waking me up. The only downside would be the last 20 minutes or so without entertainment.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 1:17 pm

A350-900, does the wing block some view on 20K seat? I prefer to sit in the mini cabin but spouse loves taking pictures outside the window.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 8:04 pm

Programs: CX DM/OWE, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by onionhanh
A350-900, does the wing block some view on 20K seat? I prefer to sit in the mini cabin but spouse loves taking pictures outside the window.
Its somewhat blocked but you aren't right above the wing. Took this from 20A.
Fly'nAAgain, Kacee and onionhanh like this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
I'm currently looking at flying J on CX859, which is on an A350, but I'm not sure which variant. What's the best seat? Is 14K any good? Just looking at the seat map for 14k, it shows like a table area to the right of the seat. Is that right? It's right next and touches the window?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE. AF-Plat
Originally Posted by lsquare
I'm currently looking at flying J on CX859, which is on an A350, but I'm not sure which variant. What's the best seat? Is 14K any good? Just looking at the seat map for 14k, it shows like a table area to the right of the seat. Is that right? It's right next and touches the window?
If its the A350-1000 I recommend rows 17 and 22 window seats as those two have two nicely aligned windows, other seats windows not aligned. Row 22 if you find yourself needed to use the washroom a lot.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eagle215
If its the A350-1000 I recommend rows 17 and 22 window seats as those two have two nicely aligned windows, other seats windows not aligned. Row 22 if you find yourself needed to use the washroom a lot.
How can I tell which A350 CX is using on flight 859?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 8:07 am

If there is a mini cabin to the rear (8 seats) on the seat map then its the 350-900 the 350-1000 is one continuous long J class.

They are all reverse harringbone seats so the window seats are NOT right beside the window.

From what I can see usually its the 350-900 that flys out of YVR
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eagle215
If there is a mini cabin to the rear (8 seats) on the seat map then its the 350-900 the 350-1000 is one continuous long J class.

They are all reverse harringbone seats so the window seats are NOT right beside the window.

From what I can see usually its the 350-900 that flys out of YVR
Oh sorry, my bad. So there is like some sort of table in between the seat and window? Which seat would you pick for this flight?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:21 am

Oh sorry, my bad. So there is like some sort of table in between the seat and window? Which seat would you pick for this flight?
Sorry mate. I have never been on the 350-900 So I cannot say...

Last edited by Eagle2000; Feb 4, 2020 at 12:34 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
CX tells you on the itinerary.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 7:14 am

Programs: CX MPC DM
There is very little difference between any of the seats on the A359. As stated above in the wiki, some window seats have don't have 2 full windows and 11 D/G should always be avoided. Seats 12 A/K are right next to the galley and forward lavatory, so they can be a bit disturbing with pax and crew going back and forth. Other than that there's not a bad seat. For the most part, window shades are typically closed for TPAC flights so some of the seats not having 2 full windows isn't a problem for me.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kacee
CX tells you on the itinerary.
You're right! I checked and it's an A350-900!
Old Feb 5, 2020, 8:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by synthkeys
There is very little difference between any of the seats on the A359. As stated above in the wiki, some window seats have don't have 2 full windows and 11 D/G should always be avoided. Seats 12 A/K are right next to the galley and forward lavatory, so they can be a bit disturbing with pax and crew going back and forth. Other than that there's not a bad seat. For the most part, window shades are typically closed for TPAC flights so some of the seats not having 2 full windows isn't a problem for me.
It doesn't seem like any of the seats have two windows unlike the A350-1000. I guess I'll stick with 14k then. I checked the seat map and it doesn't appear to be a full flight.
Old Apr 18, 2020, 11:51 am

Programs: Independent
I have two flights booked in business in December on the A350-900 with my partner, and both cabins are empty at this point. A few questions for my seat selection:
  • Is it possible to have a conversation in the middle seats? If not, then we may as go for the windows.
  • Is the foot box larger in the bulkheads, like it is on the 777s? The wiki doesn't specify, but I'm 6'5"/198cm tall and want to maximize sleeping space. If so 20 D/G (if I can get them) are appealing. (It seems 11 D/G are not worth the toilet trade-off.)
Thanks!
Old Apr 19, 2020, 2:04 am

Programs: MPC-DM, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by hkcj
I have two flights booked in business in December on the A350-900 with my partner, and both cabins are empty at this point. A few questions for my seat selection:
  • Is it possible to have a conversation in the middle seats? If not, then we may as go for the windows.
  • Is the foot box larger in the bulkheads, like it is on the 777s? The wiki doesn't specify, but I'm 6'5"/198cm tall and want to maximize sleeping space. If so 20 D/G (if I can get them) are appealing. (It seems 11 D/G are not worth the toilet trade-off.)
Thanks!
Good questions. The answers are on FT, though you really have to dig to find the info.

Let me answer:
By default, conversation between the middles seats will be difficult, however the J seats can "move" forward in upright seating position for around 10-15 cm, makes the situation to speak much easier, though it's still not "side-by-side" or "holding hands". Reverse herringbone seats are super, though have some disadvantages and this is one (another one, for example, being it difficult to support a child over the seat barrier).

The foot wells are all equal size, or at least nearly equal that it would need a stick to find the differences, though the first row in the second cabin is shaped a little different. This YT video shows (at the near end), how it looks:
. I would not say "it's bigger", to the upper side even more limiting, I would say.

The first middle row in the J cabins do have a smaller/lower "divider" between the seats in the foot well area as well no screen-holder intruding. It's more or less "possible" to step over the divider, whereas you can not do for the other seat combinations (that would be "climbing").

Another item to consider is the "bending your knees" area. The A/G seats do give a lot of room to bent your knees, when sleeping left sideways. The D/K seats do so, when sleeping right sideways. Being nearly 2 m tall, I do think, you would fit in top to bottom, when laying down on the back, head touching, etc. So, the sideways sleeping items might be important to consider for you. The quoted video shows this aspect to.

The first middle rows in the J cabin give the D seats some more space to the left side and the G seats to the right side, not super, but it's there.

The 11D/G are by far the worse J seat locations due to the toilet and general aisle intrusion, though it is still significantly better than anything Y or even PE, especially those Y/PE seats that are "on the aisle side seat block corners" or near the toilets. When seated in 11D/G, speaking with the ISM (In-flight Service Manager) and asking her, she encourages the cabin crew to keep the curtain properly shut, can help very much to avoid disturbance. Some ISMs are, without asking, very strict with that, though there are also some, who are relaxed about that. The ISM is the cabin attendant with the gold jacket (though I also have seen them sometimes wearing a black jacket).
hkcj and Cryofern like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.