Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Credit cathay flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:21 pm
Original Poster

Credit cathay flight

Hello - if I have already secured diamond status ahead of Jan qualification, should I stop crediting to cathay and wait until February before claiming so that it's included in next year total?

What is the value of the 1,400 point lounge access passes when my wife is already gold and if we travel with people we each can invite people anyway? Seems marginal use benefit- not sure who this would be valuable to?

I was upgraded on LHR - HKG for reaching 0.5m miles flown- is this total miles/ Asia miles or points eligible miles? How is this 0.5m calculated are discounted tickets include?

Many thanks
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:18 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Flyweight
What is the value of the 1,400 point lounge access passes when my wife is already gold and if we travel with people we each can invite people anyway? Seems marginal use benefit- not sure who this would be valuable to?
If you and your wife are accessing the same lounge:
* (Without a lounge access pass) You can have a total of 5 persons in a business class lounge or three in a first class lounge.
* (With two lounge access passes) You can have a total of 5 persons in a first class lounge.

Originally Posted by Flyweight
I was upgraded on LHR - HKG for reaching 0.5m miles flown- is this total miles/ Asia miles or points eligible miles? How is this 0.5m calculated are discounted tickets include?
It was Club Miles before. Unless they are still counting Club Miles for that purpose, I suppose it is 5000 Club Points now.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 1:46 am
Original Poster

thanks - when people reach tier thresholds early with no hope or value of meeting the bonus awards to people take their card off from the booking and claim post DM renewal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.