Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Is it possible to merge award tickets?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, CX MPC Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold

Happy New Year to everyone!

Just a quick one.

Have redeemed 2 tickets
  • straight forward AM ticket (there and back)
  • oneworld Multi-Carrier Awards

Have just realised that I could have saved quite some AM if I redeemed a oneworld Multi-Carrier Awards (higher award zone) to cover all legs rather than 2 separate tickets.

Is it possible to merge the awards by cancelling the 2 tickets and have the sectors issued again into a new ticket?

If it is possible, I am more than happy to pay USD 240 or 24,000 AM to cancel the 2 tickets I currently hold, as this is less than the what I would save.

Thank you.
Old Jan 1, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
I don't think tickets, award or otherwise, can be merged. They can be linked, but it doesn't help in your case. AFAIK, the award seats will be released after tickets are canceled, so I am uncertain if cancel and re-issue can be done. However, it is worth trying.

Another way is to see if MPC can credit you the mileage difference after you complete all the segments.

Call MPC anyway. You will get better advice from them.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, CX MPC Gold, Hilton Hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
I don't think tickets, award or otherwise, can be merged. They can be linked, but it doesn't help in your case. AFAIK, the award seats will be released after tickets are canceled, so I am uncertain if cancel and re-issue can be done. However, it is worth trying.

Another way is to see if MPC can credit you the mileage difference after you complete all the segments.

Call MPC anyway. You will get better advice from them.
Thanks cxfan1960. Will give MPC a call and see what they come up with.

Cheers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.