Search

Boston Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: ANA Club
Boston Lounge

The CX homepage showing that the Boston - Hong Kong flight uses the BA Terrance lounge. I wonder if anyone knows if the lounge has a shower facility. If not, if there is somewhere in the airport where I can find a shower. I am sure the AA lounge has a shower facility, however, is it possible to access that one, which is in another Terminal. Thanks.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 12:12 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by shintaenam
The CX homepage showing that the Boston - Hong Kong flight uses the BA Terrance lounge. I wonder if anyone knows if the lounge has a shower facility. If not, if there is somewhere in the airport where I can find a shower. I am sure the AA lounge has a shower facility, however, is it possible to access that one, which is in another Terminal. Thanks.
1) it is BA Terraces
2) no shower. Which sucks. I had a full day of back to back meetings (7?8? Enough to want a shower before the flight!), followed by a drinks and a dinner during a day in Boston preceding CX811 earlier this year and made the mistake assuming there'd be a shower preflight. I did everything but forget to check whether or not a shower would be available. Don't make the same mistake! I ended up changing from suit to street clothes in the somewhat gross bathroom, and didn't end up showering until HK. Oh well.

3) unsure whether a shower is somewhere else at BOS would be possible. I arrived w/o much time to investigate alternatives.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 9:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by QRC3288
1) it is BA Terraces
2) no shower. Which sucks. I had a full day of back to back meetings (7?8? Enough to want a shower before the flight!), followed by a drinks and a dinner during a day in Boston preceding CX811 earlier this year and made the mistake assuming there'd be a shower preflight. I did everything but forget to check whether or not a shower would be available. Don't make the same mistake! I ended up changing from suit to street clothes in the somewhat gross bathroom, and didn't end up showering until HK. Oh well.

3) unsure whether a shower is somewhere else at BOS would be possible. I arrived w/o much time to investigate alternatives.
Oh no, that is definitely a bad news, I would have been flying for a whole day by the time I am leaving Boston. May be I should look for something else prior to flight time. Thanks for your sharing.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 6:39 am

Programs: AA EXP
Not sure if this would still be helpful since this thread was from 2 weeks ago, but for reference if you're connecting from AA domestic to CX business/first class on the same day, you have access to Admirals Clubs on the day of travel, which generally have showers. I think they might ask you for your onwards boarding pass but you might be able to show them the Manage My Booking page on CX's site to gain access.

Since you said you'll have been flying for the whole day I assume you're connecting in from an AA domestic flight. If so, when you get off the AA flight you should be able to head to the Admirals Club before exiting the secure side of the terminal.

The same works in reverse, if you're flying CX first/business and connecting to a domestic AA service, you will have Admirals Club access for the remainder of the day and into the next day before 6am. Before the HKG-BOS nonstop I used to connect at JFK and shower either there or upon arrival in BOS.

Last edited by Boston Jumbo; Jan 6, 2017 at 6:41 am Reason: Added more information
Old Jan 8, 2017, 2:57 am

When is your flight? BA will be opening a new lounge at Logan... date is not announced, but it will be in the Terminal E expansion area, equipped with A380 gates, which is expected to open early spring.

While the current BA lounge doesn't have showers, I would expect that the new one will.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 3:09 am
Suspended

Thank you makin'miles and Boston Jumbo for your insight. I completed the flight last week. I ended taking a shower in early afternoon at the Maple Leaf Lounge during my transit in Toronto instead. All were worked out well.

Have a joyful 2017.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by makin'miles
When is your flight? BA will be opening a new lounge at Logan... date is not announced, but it will be in the Terminal E expansion area, equipped with A380 gates, which is expected to open early spring.

While the current BA lounge doesn't have showers, I would expect that the new one will.
That's some serious ahead planning. I wouldn't expect the Terminal E expansion area to be finished for many, many years... And knowing Boston, add another 2-3 years to whatever has been announced.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 6:34 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Logan lounge was a mess, last time there, no one at reception for over a minute, me and other bunch of pax just decided to let ourselves in. It turned out the reception lady was help with cleaning and refilling the food.
Old Jan 8, 2017, 10:10 am

Programs: AA EXP
I don't know about the new lounge, but British Airways is starting A380 service from LHR to BOS on Mar. 26th this year, so there will definitely be at least one A380 gate in operation!
Old Mar 24, 2017, 10:23 am
Senior Moderator and Moderator: American AAdvantage & TravelBuzz

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
oneworld lounge website still shows the BA lounge in Boston closing at 22:45.

Presume they stay open later than that to accommodate the CX 811 leaving at 01:45, right?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by JY1024
oneworld lounge website still shows the BA lounge in Boston closing at 22:45.

Presume they stay open later than that to accommodate the CX 811 leaving at 01:45, right?
Right.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:26 pm

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
As you may or may not be aware, the new BA BOS lounge is now open (see thread on the BA board) and does have a shower. Notice the use of the singular, because it is literally just one shower apparently.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:04 am

Programs: CX DM
Is this shower available for the CX flight - no mention of it on the CX website (they do call out the BA lounge specifically though)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.