Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Cathay Pacific moving to Terminal 4 (SIN) next year 2017 - Questions and speculations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Pacific moving to Terminal 4 (SIN) next year 2017 - Questions and speculations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:39 pm
Original Poster

According the news and sources:

Cathay Pacific will be moving to Terminal 4 next year 2017. There will be no Skytrain connected to existing terminals T1 T2 and T3.

Also, arriving and departing passengers will be segregated in T4 airside unlike the existing T1 T2 T3 airside, where departing and arriving passengers are mixed.

Does this mean, CX departing passengers in T4 airside will no longer have access to T1 T2 T3 airside? (Where all the sunflower / cactus / butterfly gardens + Entertainment deck + Social Tree are located)

Will be forced to take SQ in the future if this happens, which the fare / holiday package will be slightly more expensive and more troublesome to book. I want to experience T1 T2 T3 facilities (via 24-hr Early Check-In) before my flight to vacation.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:48 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Yes will have no sky train connecting. Don't know if there will be an airside bus-transfer system.

I didn't know though that the arriving / departing passengers will be segregated. If that was the case, it is highly unlikely that you will have airside access to other terminals (i.e. presumably an airside bus transfer system will be as follows T4 arrivals => T1/2/3 airside =>T4 departures)

What will be interesting is if there was an airside bus transfer, whether you can use your CX T4 OLCI boarding pass to clear immigration / security at T 1/2/3. Still doesn't help if you have checked in baggage

At least CX will build a new lounge there!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ermen
I didn't know though that the arriving / departing passengers will be segregated. If that was the case, it is highly unlikely that you will have airside access to other terminals (i.e. presumably an airside bus transfer system will be as follows T4 arrivals => T1/2/3 airside =>T4 departures)
Oh gawd... This is bad news, especially I just started travelling this year.

I plan to fly CX in the future is because all the Flight + Hotel + Airport Express Transfer + Attraction Tickets can be booked directly from them (All in one booking), the whole package is cheaper and more convenient to book.

Now that CX moving to T4 = No more access to T1 T2 T3 airside facilities, unless if I fly SQ instead of CX. Oh well...

Guess my upcoming January trip better enjoy the existing T1 T2 T3 airside as much as possible via 24-hr Early Check-In before CX moves to T4. (I will be flying on CX)

Yes will have no sky train connecting. Don't know if there will be an airside bus-transfer system.
Yes. there will be one, but T4 departures => T1/2/3 airside will be unlikely as you said, which makes me disappointed. I don't mind going through countless of security screenings between T4 and existing T1 T2 T3, as long as I am able to enjoy the existing T1 T2 T3 airside facilities.

At least CX will build a new lounge there!
Not applicable for me, I am just a "Restricted Economy" leisure traveler on budget, unless if CX Lounge also provide affordable pay-to-use lounge for Economy passengers.

Last edited by amxmodx; Dec 21, 2016 at 9:03 pm
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
Originally Posted by amxmodx
According the news and sources:

Cathay Pacific will be moving to Terminal 4 next year 2017. There will be no Skytrain connected to existing terminals T1 T2 and T3.

Also, arriving and departing passengers will be segregated in T4 airside unlike the existing T1 T2 T3 airside, where departing and arriving passengers are mixed.

Does this mean, CX departing passengers in T4 airside will no longer have access to T1 T2 T3 airside? (Where all the sunflower / cactus / butterfly gardens + Entertainment deck + Social Tree are located)

Will be forced to take SQ in the future if this happens, which the fare / holiday package will be slightly more expensive and more troublesome to book. I want to experience T1 T2 T3 facilities (via 24-hr Early Check-In) before my flight to vacation.
I don't think travellers will be bothered about having access to airside to T1 T2 T3 when they fly out of T4 as I am guarantee that Changi Airport will provide the best retail experience for these passengers passing through T4.

I am not sure what the big deal is about accessing other terminals as stated on this board. It beats me what type of BS people come up with here. Seriously!!!!
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 380Flyer
I am not sure what the big deal is about accessing other terminals as stated on this board. It beats me what type of BS people come up with here. Seriously!!!!
http://www.brenontheroad.com/singapo...r-backpackers/

http://www.lifestinymiracles.com/201...ort-singapore/

http://darrenbloggie.com/2015/05/06/...e-your-flight/

Now that's the big deal. I guess that's what makes it the #1 best airport in the world.

Originally Posted by 380Flyer
I don't think travellers will be bothered about having access to airside to T1 T2 T3 when they fly out of T4 as I am guarantee that Changi Airport will provide the best retail experience for these passengers passing through T4.
Not everyone likes duty-free shopping, including myself. :\

Last edited by amxmodx; Dec 21, 2016 at 11:54 pm
Old Dec 21, 2016, 11:57 pm

Changi & Cathay have both been talking T4 up as being fully compliant with latest IATA automation standards. So expect self bag drop, auto document checks etc etc
Old Dec 22, 2016, 1:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Frankly, I'm worried most about losing access to the Qantas lounge...

Last edited by Frayed_Yak; Dec 22, 2016 at 1:45 am
Old Dec 22, 2016, 1:42 am

Programs: CX-DM, BA-GGL, Marriott-TI, HHonors-DM
There should be a new CX lounge at T4?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:02 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by hermanc
There should be a new CX lounge at T4?
I think anything less will be blasphemy

As for OP amxmodx, I presume you are travelling from HKG? Because if you are travelling from SIN there are many other carriers that will still use T1/2/3. Plus, T4 is slated to open in the second half of 2017, which means there's still at least 6 months more for CX to remain at where they are now.

Personally I don't get why CX/KE/VN are moving over to T4. It doesn't make sense.

And yep Changi should have known better and build a Skytrain connecting T4 to one of the three terminals as well. :/
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
As for OP amxmodx, I presume you are travelling from HKG? Because if you are travelling from SIN there are many other carriers that will still use T1/2/3. Plus, T4 is slated to open in the second half of 2017, which means there's still at least 6 months more for CX to remain at where they are now.
Yep I'm travelling / originating from SIN. My upcoming trip via CX will be on January as previously mentioned in the first post.

Will be using 24-hr Early Check-In for that - Perhaps it will be my first and the last time I will be checking in at T1 when flying CX, thus really have to enjoy the T1 T2 T3 airside facilities as much as possible before CX moves to T4.

Originally Posted by amxmodx
Did stated it in the first post, also explains why I wanted to book CX initially because of All-In-One booking.

Last edited by amxmodx; Dec 22, 2016 at 3:22 am
Old Dec 22, 2016, 11:49 am

I'm expecting it to be a significant improvement.

We will lose the QF lounge but the new CX lounge is likely to be better anyway based on recent builds.

Also good news they will segregate departing and arriving passengers so no more of that stupid security check at boarding.

Who really ever goes to the other terminals anyway? I think I walked to the SQ terminal once.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:20 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by 1010101

We will lose the QF lounge but the new CX lounge is likely to be better anyway based on recent builds.

Also good news they will segregate departing and arriving passengers so no more of that stupid security check at boarding.

Who really ever goes to the other terminals anyway? I think I walked to the SQ terminal once.
Anyway, it seems from public information that the new CX lounge at T4 will be smaller than the Qantas Singapore Lounge.

'Cathay Pacific’s passengers can also look forward to a new and exclusive premium lounge on the second mezzanine level of the new terminal. At more than 800 sqm, it is larger than the full-service carrier’s current lounge at Terminal 1, with views into the apron and runway, offering passengers in the lounge sightings of aircraft take-offs and landing'

www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_SG/about-us/press-room/press-release/2014/cathay-pacific-is-first-airline-to-confirm-operating-at-Changi-T4.html

The QF lounge is in excess of 2000 sqm in comparison.

But obviously it should be much better. It is bigger than the BKK and MNL lounges, if I recall correctly. And CX being the only oneworld member in T4 is going to make the place pretty exclusive, barring the number of flights CX has between SIN-HKG.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by 1010101

I respectfully disagree. One of my favourite things to do in Singapore is arrive very early and use the BA and QF lounges interchangeably for work, dining, etc. They are both (QF in particular) far superior to what CX has produced in locations such as Taipei, SFO, HND, etc. in recent years.

If CX were to include a segregated F lounge that'd be a different story, but of course this is but a pipe dream for the foreseeable future.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 7:22 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
I was thinking that there would be a bus connecting T4 airside to T1/2/3 and vice versa, only that when going back to T4, one would have to clear the centralised security, perhaps through 'transit' security or the like?

Originally Posted by AADFW
I respectfully disagree. One of my favourite things to do in Singapore is arrive very early and use the BA and QF lounges interchangeably for work, dining, etc. They are both (QF in particular) far superior to what CX has produced in locations such as Taipei, SFO, HND, etc. in recent years.

If CX were to include a segregated F lounge that'd be a different story, but of course this is but a pipe dream for the foreseeable future.
How early would you recommend? I have an upcoming Singapore trip and it would be the first time I explore the BA/QF lounges...
What in particular in those lounges would you say make them superior to the new CX offerings in BKK/TPE, etc.?
Old Dec 22, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: MPC, KF, Accor, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by AADFW

Would you not need to be on 734, 716 or 636 to use the BA/QF lounges? They don't open for the rest of the departures I think,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.