Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Priority baggage tags - will there be new ones, ever?

Priority baggage tags - will there be new ones, ever?

Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:18 pm

Location: California, USA / Tokyo, Japan / Manila, Philippines
Programs: AA / CX MPO AM / Hyatt Discoverist / Marriott Platinum / Shangri-La
Flew out of MNL to the US in J, got the new tags as well.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 9:57 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Just browsing and came across this on Instagram (@gordon0228):

Just wondering when they use the orange tags - cause honestly, I've only ever seen the '... Class' tags. Any ideas? But I really do like the new design.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:01 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I flew Cathay Dragon this weekend and got the full first class ring tag ie the top one in the picture.

Possibly the bottom one is used for Economy travelling status pax. That's how I've seen QF use them in the past. But I haven't seen this in practice on CX.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:49 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
I've had the lower one in October, ex-HKG to LAX, checking in at F counter, business class. Maybe its a trial, or maybe something to do with connecting to another flight (which for me happened to be Alaska, not one world, and I still had to pick up and drop the bag in LAX as usual). I think its a better method than the ring - as it gets refreshed with each flight, no residual tags left on the bag that I have to cut off.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: QF WP (OW Emerald)
It could be related to connecting to other airlines.

2 years ago, when checking in at Airport Express at HK Station on a separate ticket CX-MH, got the orange oneworld priority tag, was traveling on Business as CX SL.

But last year, on CX-JL as QF Emerald, got the CX red first class priority tag only.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:47 pm

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
One question, when I was picking up bags on the baggage carousel, I noticed some CX in addition to the priority tags also said BUSINESS PRIORITY above the two barcodes. New system?
Old Jan 21, 2017, 11:54 pm

Basically, some bags had "BUSINESS PRIORITY" in the red box area in a black background and white text all caps

Also, they now have a separate card that they adhere your baggage tag stubs instead of either behind your boarding pass or the wax paper thing
Attached Images  

Last edited by hl176; Jan 22, 2017 at 12:03 am
Old Jan 22, 2017, 12:28 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Oneworld, *A; Hilton, SPG
Originally Posted by hl176
Basically, some bags had "BUSINESS PRIORITY" in the red box area in a black background and white text all caps

Also, they now have a separate card that they adhere your baggage tag stubs instead of either behind your boarding pass or the wax paper thing

On the flight from which the photo comes from, were you travelling in F/J, or was the priority tag there because of your status? Just thinking along the lines of whether that text could be for the actual class of travel?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:07 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hl176

Possibly checked through from another carrier?
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by sxc
Possibly checked through from another carrier?
hmm, that's what I thought in the beginning, but I did see the brushwing logo when I looked closer
Old Jan 22, 2017, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by jdtravels

On the flight from which the photo comes from, were you travelling in F/J, or was the priority tag there because of your status? Just thinking along the lines of whether that text could be for the actual class of travel?
I was in the corresponding cabin class

most bag didn't have the text, only about a dozen had it
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Data points: ex-KUL on CX and ex-HKG on KA, both as a GO in Y, got the dark blue ring tags. Will report back on ex-FUK KA and ex-HKG CX next week.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:34 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Got a orange triangle on Cathay dragon from Phuket. They did have the ring tags as well behind the desk.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 11:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Only a blue ring tag ex-FUK on KA in Y. I didn't spot any orange triangles at the check-in desks.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 3:10 am

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
As a AA OWE, my tag said "FIRST PRIORITY" but the checkin agent affixed a blue business priority ring along mine, no doubt a mistake. i wasn't too fussed i highly doubt there is much difference between the first/business priority tags.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.