Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Priority baggage tags - will there be new ones, ever?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority baggage tags - will there be new ones, ever?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2016, 5:18 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Yes those tags.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 4:17 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Yep. I flew ex-SFO last week and still got the old tags, but my sister flying ex-JFK the same day got the new ones. Seems like they are trying to use up all the old ones before transitioning to the new ones at certain outports.
Old Dec 26, 2016, 2:40 pm

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
Hmm...I flew ex-JFK on Dec 17 and still received the old tags. The Y check in agent was free so perhaps he had more of the old tags left?
Old Dec 26, 2016, 5:30 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
CTU-HKG new business tags.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by hl176
Hmm...I flew ex-JFK on Dec 17 and still received the old tags. The Y check in agent was free so perhaps he had more of the old tags left?
My sister flew ex-JFK on the evening of Dec 20. They may have gotten the new tags sometime over those three days.
Old Dec 28, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
PEK PVG both using new tags already...
Old Dec 28, 2016, 1:21 pm

I just flew to yvr and tpe. Looks likes anything ex-hkg is with the new tag. Old ones were used on the other hand.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 5:06 pm

Location: JFK 🇺🇸 (mostly); YVR 🇨🇦 (a bit less); HKG 🇭🇰 (even less)
Programs: Marco Polo GR 😂😂; HHonors Gold; Ritz Carlton Gold
New tags were used at yvr today. Chatted with the check in agent and he said cx told them to throw out all the old style tags even though they still have a lot of inventory remaining..seems contradictory with all the cost cutting
Old Jan 16, 2017, 3:53 am

Programs: BA Gold OWE
ex SIN yesterday still old J tags.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
The new tags look coherent to CX's new logo and branding. Quite nice IMO.
Old Jan 16, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Originally Posted by dkc192
Yep. I flew ex-SFO last week and still got the old tags, but my sister flying ex-JFK the same day got the new ones. Seems like they are trying to use up all the old ones before transitioning to the new ones at certain outports.
aligns with the rest of oneworld as well. I remember when priority baggage was first a thing every OW airline had their own design and was doing their own thing (while Star and Skyteam seemed to had it together).
Old Jan 17, 2017, 8:43 am

Originally Posted by Col Ronson
aligns with the rest of oneworld as well. I remember when priority baggage was first a thing every OW airline had their own design and was doing their own thing (while Star and Skyteam seemed to had it together).
Really? The OW carriers I've flown before (AA, MH, BA, QR, JL) have mostly orange priority tags with some sort of accent on them. Examples: here, here, and here. The latest iteration of CX tags are all red and dark blue, for F and J, respectively, and don't have any orange on them.

Now, I've never gotten any of these, but there is a picture upthread of orange KA priority tags, without any F or J label (merely "Priority"). Curious why they didn't adopt these tags, which are more consistent with "OW standards," across the network.
Old Jan 17, 2017, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA EP | UA 1K
Originally Posted by dkc192
Really? The OW carriers I've flown before (AA, MH, BA, QR, JL) have mostly orange priority tags with some sort of accent on them. Examples: here, here, and here. The latest iteration of CX tags are all red and dark blue, for F and J, respectively, and don't have any orange on them.

Now, I've never gotten any of these, but there is a picture upthread of orange KA priority tags, without any F or J label (merely "Priority"). Curious why they didn't adopt these tags, which are more consistent with "OW standards," across the network.
oh! i saw that picture and thought it was a cathay tag, didn't realize it was a KA tag. So the new CX tags look nothing like the KA tag??
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:40 am

oh! i saw that picture and thought it was a cathay tag, didn't realize it was a KA tag. So the new CX tags look nothing like the KA tag??
The J tags look like this (pardon the poor image quality/position). The F tags are similar but dark red in color--there is a post upthread with an image of them.
Attached Images   

Last edited by dkc192; Jan 18, 2017 at 8:46 am
Old Jan 18, 2017, 8:49 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Actually the standard / normal KA tag is nothing like that as well.... I saw that once only and never saw that again... Neither KA nor CX....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.