FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Cathay Pacific | Cathay (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay-487/)
-   -   Hand Baggage only flights from the UK? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-cathay/1800028-hand-baggage-only-flights-uk.html)

yorweb Nov 1, 2016 8:19 pm

Hand Baggage only flights from the UK?

Do Cathay Pacific offer hand baggage only tickets on long haul flights?

I am asking as earlier this evening I tried to book a flight from Manchester to Hong Kong with a firm called Lycafly. The price had come up in the Momondo screenscraper at £362 but perhaps fortunately the transaction was red flagged by my credit card company so I gave Lycafly a call intending to use an alternative card.

The agent on the phone was confirming the flight details but then casually dropped into the conversation that I was booking a hand baggage only ticket !!!! He offered a more expensive flight if I wanted hold luggage but I declined because it all sounded a bit fishy. There was nothing on their website stating hand baggage only although there was no mention of baggage whatsoever.

sxc Nov 1, 2016 8:45 pm

No, there are no hand baggage only fares on CX.

1010101 Nov 1, 2016 11:04 pm

Are they routing you through LHR or somewhere else on one of BA's Domestic/Euro HBO fares? CX don't have HBO fares.

There are some travel agents that sell you cheap fares and then a few weeks later come back saying they cant honour those fares and you need to pay more. Sounds like these guys may be one of them.

Rami Tamimi Nov 1, 2016 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by 1010101 (Post 27424623)
Are they routing you through LHR or somewhere else on one of BA's Domestic/Euro HBO fares? CX don't have HBO fares.

There are some travel agents that sell you cheap fares and then a few weeks later come back saying they cant honour those fares and you need to pay more. Sounds like these guys may be one of them.

I am not 100% sure,but IIRC BA does not offer HBO fares on long haul,so even if routed via LHR it should be a fare which includes a baggage allowance...unless ofcourse it's on separate tickets ofcourse

1010101 Nov 2, 2016 12:40 am

Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi (Post 27424704)
I am not 100% sure,but IIRC BA does not offer HBO fares on long haul,so even if routed via LHR it should be a fare which includes a baggage allowance...unless ofcourse it's on separate tickets ofcourse

They don't. Short haul only. I would assume they are selling separate tickets to have that restriction.

yorweb Nov 2, 2016 5:29 am

The booking was Manchester - Hong Kong direct. It left me wondering what would have happened if the order had gone through and I turned up in Manchester with a suitcase?