Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

[Confirmed] New Route: HK - Tel Aviv General Discussion

[Confirmed] New Route: HK - Tel Aviv General Discussion

Old Jun 18, 2017, 12:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I posted this in another thread on May 23, 2017

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...kg-flight.html

Originally Posted by 24left
Just saw this

Cathay to add 6th weekly TLV - HKG flight

May 23, 2017

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-c...ght-1001189715

Mods - please merge or move as needed
----

An interesting Q&A with Paul Loo, CX chief customer and commercial office

Cathay Pacific: Tel Aviv route exceeds our expectations

June 15 2017

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-c...ons-1001192855

QUOTE:

"In most cases, company practice is to retain the frequency of flights set in advance for a period of several months. In very unusual cases, we increase the frequency by one flight, but I don't recall adding two flights within such a short time in any other market."
Old Jun 18, 2017, 10:16 am

Programs: CX Diamond, United MileagePlus Gold, Accor Platinum
I flew this route in J last week.

HKG-TLV: Just like usual Cathay flights, no special security check except one random check (targeting lone travellers) on airbridge. Well service by Filipino SP. Impressive meals and snacks too.

TLV-HKG: Airport security is tight but not as tight as what I imagined. Check-in counters after the initial screening. There was another detailed luggage inspection after the check-in counters. It's enough to arrive at the airport 2.5-3 hours before departure.
Flight itself was not as enjoyable as the HKG-TLV arm. I think I met the crew in Jaffa the night before (who talked happily in Cantonese there). Not happy faces. Defects on the armrests. Crew not too responsive to requests. The flight time was around 9 hours and arrived HK at 4:30am.

As what I observed, full load in J on both flights. Just a couple of Asians while the remaining are from Oz or Israel - didn't verify though. Indeed it's a surprisingly popular route.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:40 pm

It looks like the route continues to do well. CX added two additional weekly flights for this year's high holiday period, but appears that from March they will increase more permanently to six weekly, with daily flights in September/October 2018.

https://www.globes.co.il/en/article-...hts-1001206655

Business award space is pretty tough to come by, so that's generally a good sign (for the airlines at least!)
Old Oct 4, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
I also did TLV-HKG a few days ago in J. I thought the crew were very good, especially the ISM, and more old style CX.

Only my third time on an A359, first on CX A359, what a great aircraft in terms of ride. The Panasonic A359 IFE is exceptional, well once I worked out to use it (a PHD probably helps). Quantum leap ahead of the Panasonic IFE on either JAL or AA.

Though the seats could at best be described as flimsy. Apparently Zodiac are replacing free of charge. Pieces kept popping out.

Personally if I did this flight again I would prefer a later timed flight out of TLV which would be more condusive for sleeping as it arrives at an ungodly hour back in HKG.

Like Jackolee I had expected more intensive screening at TLV, but in talking to security can see they are quite professional in their business. Also having a biometric passport was great for border control. Quick and efficient.

Now the DAN lounge in the C concourse, lets just say not one of the best CX uses globally.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 10:59 pm

TLV is building a new concourse, and I really hope there are some new lounge options for both oneworld and Star. El Al has their own lounge, which is okay, but otherwise it's all contract Dan Lounges.

On the Oneworld side, BA is likely the most likely to do so, with up to three daily departures.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 2:34 pm

Things seem to be going well for CX on Tel Aviv. Appears that the flight will go daily at some point next year, and the company is also planning to open their own office.

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-c...hts-1001212351

Business award seats using partner miles (BA/AA) are nearly impossible on this route, which is a positive indicator for the performance of the route as well.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Things seem to be going well for CX on Tel Aviv. Appears that the flight will go daily at some point next year, and the company is also planning to open their own office.

http://www.globes.co.il/en/article-c...hts-1001212351

Business award seats using partner miles (BA/AA) are nearly impossible on this route, which is a positive indicator for the performance of the route as well.
didn't you post something nearly identical to this in another thread? Or was it someone else? admittedly this seems like a very appropriate spot but I don't think double posting is allowed. Apologies if it was someone else I know that link got posted in another thread.

we'll update the spreadsheet as soon as daily is confirmed. Right now I'd stick this in the "rumor" category....although TLV indeed sounds like it's doing well. Right now I see 6x weekly confirmed so almost there.

CX mid-level management talks to local newspapers everywhere they fly, and it's often stretched a bit farther than the truth.

Last edited by QRC3288; Nov 25, 2017 at 4:54 pm
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:37 am

You likely read that on the thread on the El Al forum that covers new routes/frequencies by all airlines out of TLV. I didn't post it there.

As you say, however, this is likely an appropriate place for such news.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Source: routesonline

Cathay Pacific Oct 2018 Tel Aviv aircraft changes

By Jim Liu - Posted15 January 2018

Cathay Pacific during the month of October 2018 plans to introduce Airbus A350-1000XWB aircraft service to Israel, operating on Hong Kong – Tel Aviv route from 03OCT18 to 27OCT18. The A350-1000XWB is scheduled to operate on 6 of 7 weekly flights, replacing -900XWB.

Previously not highlighted on Airlineroute, the oneWorld member is expanding service to Israel, with 6 weekly flights for 02APR18 – 26JUN18 and 12SEP18 – 02OCT18 period, 7 weekly during 03OCT18 – 27OCT18 period.

CX675 HKG0100 – 0755TLV 351 x2
CX675 HKG0100 – 0755TLV 359 2

CX676 TLV1515 – 0615+1HKG 351 x2
CX676 TLV1515 – 0615+1HKG 359 2

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...craft-changes/
G-CIVC and Innocent Abroad like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.