Wiki Posts
Search

Loud Mouth Jerk On Phone In the Pier

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:54 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Loud Mouth Jerk On Phone In the Pier

So this morning, a loud mouth is on the phone. He's using a mic/earpiece and annoying everyone in the room. Offensively loud. And, so full of himself as well.

I was considering either asking the Lounge supervisor to do something about or perhaps toss a glass of water in his face. Fortunately he left!

Note to the loudmouth: your not that important and whoever you boss around is greatfull that your away.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 7:56 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Pier J or Pier F? Just out of curiosity.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 8:20 pm
Original Member
Original Poster

Pier F
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
I experienced the same situation once at the JFK F (sorry, "F") lounge once. I had to go up to the guy, put my finger in front of my mouth and said "shhh" very loudly. Other passengers thanked me, though I did wonder why no-one else had bothered to tell him to quieten down.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:12 am

Programs: MPC DM
You can always find a few of those in the lounges. An interesting observation is that the natives tend to behave better, while the outsiders (even those from the countries/cultures that are supposed to behave much better) tend to let it all out. I usually just turn my head to an exaggerated angle and put on my Bose headphones, and sigh..... quietly.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:09 am

I've found that hands held together in an fake-apologetic "I pray" position, alternating rapidly with fingers in my ears, elicits less hostility than shushing or saying anything. But it won't work every time.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 11:21 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Suggest you yell out in a louder voice "Speak up sonny, someone at the other end of the airport can't hear you".
Old Sep 26, 2016, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I never interact with these people. This is why these lounges are staffed. Simply ask an appropriate staff member to deal with the issue.
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:40 pm

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Originally Posted by Often1
I never interact with these people. This is why these lounges are staffed. Simply ask an appropriate staff member to deal with the issue.
I personally think this is the best way to handle the situation, and it protects you as well from retaliation from a crazy person!
Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:51 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
I am closing this thread as the topic is not specific to Cathay Pacific issues.

sxc
Cathay Pacific Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.