FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jacobsleather
Print Wikipost

Cathay Pacific Fleet Information

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: Cathay, Oneworld
Originally Posted by WilliamSudarpo
B-KPB (already returned), KPC, KPD, KPE, KPG are confirmed. 1/5 already left. KPA will stay in fleet.
No KPC, KPH, KPG and KPJ will get returned as they are all leased. KPD and KPE aren't leased so they won't go
Old Nov 21, 2018, 11:08 pm

A35J B-LXF was delivered on 21Nov and landed home this morning.
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 1:52 pm

B-KQS went XMN as CX3386 today.
The aircraft will be painted in new livery and will be converted into 77K.

Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: CATHAY PACIFIC
KA320 B-HSU new livery

https://www.planespotters.net/photo/...irbus-a320-232
Old Nov 22, 2018, 2:58 pm

Is LAC (33K) leaving the fleet? No operations after October 31.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 3:39 pm

B-LBK has been flown to Singapore as CX3493 last week. Someone said will change livery to Cathay dragon
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP CXDM, Bonvoy Gold, WOH Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Amex Cent
B-KPO has returned to HKG this morning as CX 3389 in 77A configuration with WiFi.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:47 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
A question with a thank you

Fellow board-members, we're grateful for all the information shared here. I want to say thanks to everyone who keeps posting information, and those of you who edit the spreadsheet; I think we have one of the more accurate fleet resources on FT, filled with (pretty) updated information useful for frequent fliers.

In a few instances recently, I have first-hand noticed some of this information posted here as fact is incorrect. So I want to post this to help us regain some accuracy.

In both the spirit of accuracy (many of the readers here are very frequent fliers, and this is as much a utility as hobby, and we'd also like to retain some credibility) and in saving time (most of us have busy jobs...I think! and going back into the spreadsheet to change things is no fun), if you could kindly post how you know the information you are posting on here, and whether or not you know for fact (you/your friend flew on the plane and saw yourself, you're a Cathay staff, you work at HKG/XMN, you're John Slosar, etc.). We have a variety of posters here and I think everyone shares a passion/hobby/forced interested for CX and flying around, whatever the reason. We have people from CX staff to airplane enthusiasts and everyone in between. But, not all information is created equal! For instances where you are using FR24 or other similar resources as your source, and speculating the change was highly-likely made to a different plane type/with wifi/etc, please indicate this. There have been multiple instances recently where I've had to go back and make changes to the document because posted information up-thread was wrong, in all cases relating to planes returning from Xiamen.

For example:

B-KXX returns from Xiamen today, most likely in 77A configuration with WiFi working.

Source: Saw on FR24.

Originally Posted by mr.supakrit

B-KPN went back from XMN today - fully equipped with WiFi and in 77A configuration, with 3-4-3 economy.

I was on this plane two days after this post, Wi-Fi was not yet enabled.

B-HNM went XMN as CX3386 today - the aircraft will be converted into 77P with 396 economy seats.

B-KPO landed at XMN this morning as CX3390 - the aircraft will be converted into 77A with WiFi.
Originally Posted by WilliamSudarpo
B-KPB (already returned), KPC, KPD, KPE, KPG are confirmed. 1/5 already left. KPA will stay in fleet.
Although I cannot say I'm 100% sure, someone well-positioned with CX finances says you have the wrong birds going back. Can you please say the nature of your source so we can figure out who is likely "more right"?

Originally Posted by jetsetter1k
B-KPO has returned to HKG this morning as CX 3389 in 77A configuration with WiFi.
HKGglobaltrotter likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2018, 6:56 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
100% agree with QRC3288. Either declare you are an insider or post the flight and date you were on where you witnessed firsthand the cabin reconfiguration, saw the wifi advertisement/SSID. It is a real shame that all the effort put into this document by many is tarnished by inaccurate information. For livery change, link to the photo or state when you saw it firsthand. It is better that the document be lagging behind the reality than wrong. Thank you.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:36 am

B-KPO is now in 77A configuration. I checked with CX255/250 flight with ExpertFlyer with today as on flight date.

Old Nov 24, 2018, 6:47 am

B-KQE went back from XMN early at midnight. Most likely this aircraft painted in beautiful new livery, in 77K configuration, with Wi-Fi working.
Old Nov 24, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood

B-KPO is now in 77A configuration. I checked with CX255/250 flight with ExpertFlyer with today as on flight date.

thanks, this extra information / sourcing is helpful!
jacobsleather likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:22 pm

Which aircraft was ferried from HKG to XMN as CX3380 on Nov 26?

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/cx3380
Old Nov 26, 2018, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC

Did they remember the stencil for the letter "F" ?
Old Nov 27, 2018, 1:59 pm

B-HLS went XMN today as CX3386 - looks like this aircraft will be painted in new livery.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.