Old May 30, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jacobsleather
Print Wikipost

Cathay Pacific Fleet Information

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: CATHAY PACIFIC
B-KPL 77H oneworld livery went to XMN these days. Is it going to be painted in new oneworld livery?
Old Oct 28, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
1.) Have made numerous edits to the significant schedule changes that take place today. Can folks take a look and see if any mistakes?

2.) I've slightly modified the dates convention. Keeping the numbers and "ex" convention, but only utilizing the "x" feature (aka every day except) when there are only 1 or 2 days missing. If 3 days are missing, aka 4x weekly service, I've just put the days of the week the flights run in there. x357 has 4 characters which takes up the same amount of space as 1246, and I found myself...a bit dense....slow on the uptake figuring out what x436 etc. means.

3.) Thanks to all have contributed. It would help us immensely if when you notice schedule changes, things to be updated, etc. and you're not an editor, please tell us exactly what those changes are here in this thread in FT! Instead of directing us elsewhere to go find it for ourselves. It will help us get the information in faster and save us time.

4.) Anyone else want to be an editor ping the mods, any of the other editors, or me. Many forum regulars are already involved and it's pretty good!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:57 am

Programs: CX DM
Thanks QRC3288 and other admins for your great effort!

LAN (CX 33E) is in new livery.

Also, LAO (CX 33E) had a stay in Xiamen for 1 month and returned days before, anyone know if she is painted in new livery?

Thank you again!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Raymond Lu
B-KPL 77H oneworld livery went to XMN these days. Is it going to be painted in new oneworld livery?
I think not since oneworld livery aircrafts are painted in 2009, which is their 10th Anniversary, the new oneworld livery will be introduced in 2019 for their 20th Anniversary, I assume?

Anyway, let's wait her come back and we will see, haha!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:11 am

Admin,
LRV (CX 35G) just joined the fleet. Delivery flight CX3590 from TLS to HKG.
Thank you!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Originally Posted by henryc41
Admin,
LRV (CX 35G) just joined the fleet. Delivery flight CX3590 from TLS to HKG.
Thank you!
Thanks Henry!
Old Nov 1, 2017, 12:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Some minor changes spotted with winter schedule coming into effect
CX 390 --> CX 386
CX 357/358 --> CX 219/216
CX 344 --> CX 354
CX 197 --> CX 113
Old Nov 4, 2017, 3:21 am

Hi all, one of the 5 777-300 in Emirates which is said to be joining CX fleet from rumours joined another company already. Are they still coming after the retirement of 772?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:44 pm

Programs: CATHAY PACIFIC
B-HLL painted in new livery
anyone have photo of new livery B-HSD?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: CX DM, Watsons Wine Burgundy
Originally Posted by Raymond Lu
B-HLL painted in new livery
anyone have photo of new livery B-HSD?
B-HSD is not in new livery. Doc has been corrected.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:50 am

Programs: CX Life Time,TG,
If the 33K Regular Operating Routes are updated to eliminate those that ceased on October 29 it will become even more obvious how little work there is for this sub-fleet. Does anyone know when they will be phased out as CX has said it wishes to reduce the number of sub-fleets and this is clearly the leading candidate.
Old Nov 5, 2017, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by TomYoung
If the 33K Regular Operating Routes are updated to eliminate those that ceased on October 29 it will become even more obvious how little work there is for this sub-fleet. Does anyone know when they will be phased out as CX has said it wishes to reduce the number of sub-fleets and this is clearly the leading candidate.
I was thinking about this yesterday. Here's another theory I have:

*Keep 33K in the fleet and transfer all 33P to KA.

Why?

First off, this further increases the odds that CX metal regionally means a higher quality longhaul J class. Perhaps it would even permit CX to - gasp - offer predictability in hard product regionally, by assigning 773Z to known routes only. (Recall, 772Z is leaving the fleet).

Second off, it helps reduce another problem I've been encountering....I like PEY regionally, but practically it sucks to buy it since so limited. This has been gradually changing as 35G is introduced but still the fact that PEY ticket holders have very limited change options regionally (if you buy PEY regionally you're basically screwed on scheduling), and also makes things complicated for cash upfares and award upgrades. If CX keeps 33K they can run them regionally on premium routes with much greater predictability.

At least when I buy J fares regionally, every flight has J. Yes I try to fly the ones with longhaul configs but, unlike PEY, if I must change my schedule I know I will be accommodated. Buying regional PEY tickets for business just sucks because of the availability and frequent aircraft swapping. I realize this may sound counterproductive - this guy buys J, because he finds PEY too inconvenient, ergo why the heck would you make it convenient for him to buy PEY then - but I don't think that's a good place for a business to be. I imagine CX could sell a lot more regional PEY tickets to folks in Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo, etc. if CX just had more regular scheduling for the hard product. Ironically of course....CX has pretty good guaranteed long haul products to *lower yielding* regional destinations like MNL, SGN, etc. I know why they do it - turn the planes quickly - but it is still amusing to me they're flying more expensive real estate filled with E fare transit pax and op ups than having a successful strategy to up yield those cabins to higher yielding destinations, with a regional customer instead.

Right now, PEY is still packed regionally and relatively lower yielding E fare transit tickets from long-haul. The overwhelming value of that ticket is in the longhaul segment. With better regional reliability in the PEY fleet, I bet CX could significantly up yield those flights by selling more regional PEY to business travelers.

Last edited by QRC3288; Nov 5, 2017 at 3:05 am
Old Nov 5, 2017, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by TomYoung
most other airlines would have launched new destinations
these aircraft are young
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Kachjc
most other airlines would have launched new destinations
these aircraft are young
Hopefully CX will keep 33K and be more predictable with long-haul product regionally, and transfer 33P to KA. 33P is an awful low-cost carrier config and an embarrassment to the airline.
jacobsleather likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 8:37 pm

Updates made

All, the grid with X, (X)+ etc has finally been updated on the front for all the scheduling changes that took place about 10 days ago. Please check to see if any errors. If you notice any errors much appreciated if you either change directly, or report in here precisely what the info should be changed to.

Cathay Pacific / Cathay Dragon Fleet, Route and Configuration Guide

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.