Cathay Pacific Fleet Information

Hide Wikipost
Old May 30, 18, 12:11 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: jacobsleather
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 9, 19, 12:54 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SLGO View Post

Seems like CX is trying to replace the regional 333 with long haul ones especially when the Aussie routes are switching to 350.
Flightradar24 says that B-HLM is still in our fleet
Old Jun 9, 19, 12:56 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CXfanatic View Post
A recent Flickr photo taken at FRA (Which KPA flew to first) indicates that KPA is NOT in the new livery, to our disappointment. However, it has Wifi (As it did before the conversion). I seriously wonder, some of the KP* birds are also not getting repainted despite them being over 10 years old (i.e. KPI, now in 77A is still in the old livery).

Also, isn't KPA one of the first 77W to be deleased? We know KPB, KPG, and KPJ are the first 3, CX said the 5 earliest 77W were planning to be phased out, and to my understanding I always thought it was B-KPA through B-KPE.
I think I saw the flickr photo of B-KPA in FRA. That photo I saw was taken on November 24th 2017. It should be in the new livery.
Old Jun 9, 19, 12:57 am
Suspended

A recent Flickr photo taken at FRA (Which KPA flew to first) indicates that KPA is NOT in the new livery, to our disappointment. However, it has Wifi (As it did before the conversion). I seriously wonder, some of the KP* birds are also not getting repainted despite them being over 10 years old (i.e. KPI, now in 77A is still in the old livery).

Also, isn't KPA one of the first 77W to be deleased? We know KPB, KPG, and KPJ are the first 3, CX said the 5 earliest 77W were planning to be phased out, and to my understanding I always thought it was B-KPA through B-KPE.
Old Jun 9, 19, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by AustinHui View Post
Flightradar24 says that B-HLM is still in our fleet
HLM in Xiamen for repaint to Cathay dragon
Old Jun 9, 19, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by Roberto Monico Ignacio View Post
Planespotters state that B-HLM is stored at XMN.
B-HLM also left our fleet.
https://www.planespotters.net/airfra...Pacific/wBWt7N
transfer to Cathay dragon
Old Jun 9, 19, 6:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Donaldcy View Post

transfer to Cathay dragon
Yep! B-HLM to Cathay Dragon. Later on, B-HLN and B-HLT will experience what B-HLM is experiencing now!
Old Jun 9, 19, 9:59 am

Try adding filters when searching for B-KPA. I always do a filter of only starting on the day a 77W returns from XMN, that's how we discover new liveries, Wifi or just old livery and a Wifi.
Old Jun 9, 19, 11:02 am
Suspended

Try adding filters when searching for B-KPA. I always do a filter of only starting on the day a 77W returns from XMN, that's how we discover new liveries, Wifi or just old livery and a Wifi.
How can I do that?
Old Jun 9, 19, 11:06 am
Suspended

Oh I saw it!
Old Jun 9, 19, 8:13 pm

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat
Yep! B-HLM to Cathay Dragon. Later on, B-HLN and B-HLT will experience what B-HLM is experiencing now!
So there will only be 6 regional 333 left for CX? Good news for J pax with higher chances of getting LH J on regional routes.
Old Jun 9, 19, 11:39 pm

I'm looking at the spreadsheet and some things haven't been updated to accuracy:

B-KQT, which is now a 77K has Wifi but old livery. A flickr photo shows this.

B-KPA is now a 77A.

Old Jun 9, 19, 11:42 pm

B-KPI is also not in new livery despite it configured as a 77A. I honestly thought all KP* birds that will remain in CX's fleet will be painted in the new livery.

One poster said the later KQ* birds might get repainted when they are 6-7 years old yet KPA is already over 10 years old and so is KPI.
Old Jun 9, 19, 11:50 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
I'm looking at the spreadsheet and some things haven't been updated to accuracy:

B-KQT, which is now a 77K has Wifi but old livery. A flickr photo shows this.

B-KPA is now a 77A.

I'll make these changes later today.

I think one of the issues is the large amount of inaccurate information that has been dropped in here recently, I recall making some changes to the doc that I had to completely undo.

Another is it's very tortured to sort through this thread given the spam-like posts. I admit I rarely click on this thread now, unless I notice the most recent post is yourself, Winnipegrev, or a few others. I can't speak for the other editors, but maybe they're ignoring this thread too.

​​It would be nice to find a solution that works for everyone. Maybe one thread that is strictly for confirmed changes to CX planes, and one for fleet rumors / speculation / hobbyist chatter?
etkuo, CXfanatic, henryc41 and 2 others like this.
Old Jun 10, 19, 3:17 am

Programs: MPC-Gold, Enrich-Plat
Originally Posted by QRC3288 View Post
..... I think one of the issues is the large amount of inaccurate information that has been dropped in here recently, I recall making some changes to the doc that I had to completely undo.
​​It would be nice to find a solution that works for everyone. Maybe one thread that is strictly for confirmed changes to CX planes, and one for fleet rumors / speculation / hobbyist chatter?
Looks to me the "general" request to provide as much "new" info, so you can update the document, is the core of the problem. It attracts all kinds of good intending people, to provide information, etc.

You may want to consider changing the request, to let submitters "add" some proof of their statement(s), in the form of pictures, references, etc, before accepting the change/update and let it migrate into the document. I think, that largely would sift out incomplete or wrong information. And those who are serious submitters, know about the required proof and plan accordingly.

Keep up the good work !
Old Jun 10, 19, 3:18 pm

Programs: CX MPC GO, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Radisson Gold, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by QRC3288 View Post
Another is it's very tortured to sort through this thread given the spam-like posts.

Maybe one thread that is strictly for confirmed changes to CX planes, and one for fleet rumors / speculation / hobbyist chatter?
True that. This thread totally lost control in the last little bit... Thankfully CX fleet size is not like the US Big3. Imagine how this thread will turn into...

Search this Thread