Search
Old May 30, 2018, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jacobsleather
Print Wikipost

Cathay Pacific Fleet Information

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:37 pm

My dad is returning tomorrow morning SFO time (Tuesday). When I checked him in for his flight, CX870 had the 10-across seating to pick from. ExpertFlyer shows only today he's getting a 9-across on CX870. Is there a reason for this?

He's so lucky, I wish I had the switch to the 9-across on cx870 when I flew back with my mom last Sunday. We flew it on CX632, so much more comfortable than the 10-across.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: CX, UA, Shangri-La, Hyatt, Starwood
Originally Posted by CXfanatic
My dad is returning tomorrow morning SFO time (Tuesday). When I checked him in for his flight, CX870 had the 10-across seating to pick from. ExpertFlyer shows only today he's getting a 9-across on CX870. Is there a reason for this?

He's so lucky, I wish I had the switch to the 9-across on cx870 when I flew back with my mom last Sunday. We flew it on CX632, so much more comfortable than the 10-across.
Did you get things backwards? CX870 is HKG-SFO, not SFO-HKG.

Anyway, we're not privy to why, of course. But among the reasons could be tech issues / delays on other rotations with 77K (10 across), spare 77G (9 across) frames, and/or not a full house in Y so a swap to 77G could do the trick. There are 11 77Ks and 9 77Gs at the moment. Conversions are happening much quicker than I expected...which tells me CX has a strong economic incentive to get this 10-abreast fit-out completed. I'm a fan because the 10-abreast fit-outs are usually happening in tandem with Wi-Fi installs.

It really does seem to be 77K is going everywhere the 77G/77K fleet flies, although SFO, LAX (on CX884 once a week), YYZ, LHR, JNB and India flights seem to be getting them much more regularly than other destinations. I presume these are destinations with the heaviest load factors.

Assuming you really mean CX879 (SFO-HKG), you'll get confirmation shortly as CX870 takes off in an hour or two.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by QRC3288
Did you get things backwards? CX870 is HKG-SFO, not SFO-HKG.

Anyway, we're not privy to why, of course. But among the reasons could be tech issues / delays on other rotations with 77K (10 across), spare 77G (9 across) frames, and/or not a full house in Y so a swap to 77G could do the trick. There are 11 77Ks and 9 77Gs at the moment. Conversions are happening much quicker than I expected...which tells me CX has a strong economic incentive to get this 10-abreast fit-out completed. I'm a fan because the 10-abreast fit-outs are usually happening in tandem with Wi-Fi installs.

It really does seem to be 77K is going everywhere the 77G/77K fleet flies, although SFO, LAX (on CX884 once a week), YYZ, LHR, JNB and India flights seem to be getting them much more regularly than other destinations. I presume these are destinations with the heaviest load factors.

Assuming you really mean CX879 (SFO-HKG), you'll get confirmation shortly as CX870 takes off in an hour or two.
No, not at all. We all flew CX879 3 weeks ago. I meant CX870, and I am in the US, it's Monday night here, Tuesday in Hong Kong, so the flight already took off as we speak and is arriving into SFO on Tuesday morning SFO time. He's currently on B-KQQ as we speak which is a 9-across plane, in old livery, but no Wifi. I would have been happy to get a frame like that on CX870 when I came back on Sunday the 2nd of December.

I guess you may be right, ExpertFlyer doesn't show Y to be a full house indeed. Maybe it's different as opposed to flying back home on a weekend and after all, right now it's off peak travel season so I'm not surprised.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 2:25 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Do all 5 B77A feature the new refreshed FCL?
Old Dec 11, 2018, 6:22 pm

Is B-HNB en route to retirement right now?

B-HNB is flying as CX3492 to LAX, right now. If I'm not mistaken LAX is often the first port of entry prior to planes being decommissioned in the Arizona or California desert.

https://www.flightradar24.com/CPA3492/1ed708e4
jacobsleather and henryc41 like this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 10:22 am

B-KQS has returned HKG as CX3387 - most likely the aircraft was painted in new livery and in 77K configuration.
B-KQR landed at XMN as CX3390 - this aircraft will likely to be painted in new livery, change to 77K configuration.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by mr.supakrit
B-KQS has returned HKG as CX3387 - most likely the aircraft was painted in new livery and in 77K configuration.
B-KQR landed at XMN as CX3390 - this aircraft will likely to be painted in new livery, change to 77K configuration.
KQS is in the 77K config according to ExpertFlyer on the return SIN-HKG flight. However, I thought some people on this board said the later KQ* birds would not be repainted in the new livery. Looks like the retrofits only take 3 weeks on n average.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 2:38 pm

KQS is in the 77K config according to ExpertFlyer on the return SIN-HKG flight. However, I thought some people on this board said the later KQ* birds would not be repainted in the new livery. Looks like the retrofits only take 3 weeks on n average.
Do you think how long does the aircraft to be painted in new livery?
Old Dec 12, 2018, 3:46 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

just to chime in, I can confirm that B-KQZ, having been retrofitted to 77K, does not have the new livery.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 11:15 pm

looks right! B-KQS is on the ground in JNB right now. The return, JNB-HKG is showing a 10-abreast seat map.

Now all we need is someone to confirm the WiFi on that bird in the other thread...

I am quite impressed at how quickly CX is doing the 77K conversions. The rate appears to be ~2 per month. They seem quite motivated.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 9:32 am

B-HNB last flight

The aircraft is flying for the last time to Phillips Army Airfield as CX3492 for scrapping. The total airframe hours and the total number of flights weren't mentioned yet.
Attached Images  
Old Dec 13, 2018, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by clubeurope
just to chime in, I can confirm that B-KQZ, having been retrofitted to 77K, does not have the new livery.
B-KQX, B-KQY, B-KQZ, B-HNR are 77K birds without the new livery. I was on KQX on CX879 a few weeks ago, and it did not have the new livery.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 10:41 pm

There's a recent YouTube video that B-KQS is NOT in the new livery, but it has the new seats and Wifi dome installed. Mods, please update the spreadsheet accordingly.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 5:06 am

There's a recent YouTube video that B-KQS is NOT in the new livery, but it has the new seats and Wifi dome installed. Mods, please update the spreadsheet accordingly.
it has been updated. thanks for the information.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 9:07 am

I went on B-KPH from Hong Kong to Boston on 10 August, it was the leased plane, therefore the aircraft does NOT have updated IFE, but the spreadsheet said it has updated IFE.

Could you please update?

Last edited by mr.supakrit; Dec 20, 2018 at 7:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.