Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Promotion Fares ex-TPE, Bookable 20.Jul - 22.Aug, for Travel Commencing 01.Sep.2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Promotion Fares ex-TPE, Bookable 20.Jul - 22.Aug, for Travel Commencing 01.Sep.2016

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Anyone interested in doing mileage runs ex-TPE to accumulate Club Points?

Very good promotional Business Class fares just launched for travel from Taipei to Hong Kong, SE Asia, and China. Books into I class, and can change dates without penalty. No stopovers in Hong Kong on the outbound or inbound, though.

For example, for TPE-HKG-TPE, the fare is TWD 10,246 all in. Not bad for 30 Club Points!
Old Jul 22, 2016, 1:48 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
It is great fare for I fare. However, not really a lot of mileage or club points.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: CX Silver
Deals are pretty nice for ex-TPE departures until Jan 15, but not in time for CNY mass migration yet.
CNY fares ex-TPE to, say KUL or PEN, are still in full Y and J.
As I can't see the detailed fare rules (sub-links not clickable), I wonder if one could confirm a booking now and later change the dates to fit into a CNY schedule? Just an idea that floated a few minutes ago.

Last edited by jysim; Jul 22, 2016 at 10:40 am Reason: a comma
Old Jul 22, 2016, 12:57 pm
mxr

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by jysim
Deals are pretty nice for ex-TPE departures until Jan 15, but not in time for CNY mass migration yet.
As I can't see the detailed fare rules (sub-links not clickable), I wonder if one could confirm a booking now and later change the dates to fit into a CNY schedule? Just an idea that floated a few minutes ago.
No, because if it books into I class now and there is no I class available later you'll have to pay the change fee for the new fare class (in this case probably J).
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:57 pm

Probably any change to outbound (after 22 Aug) will trigger reprice?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 6:26 pm

Programs: CX Silver
Originally Posted by jysim
Just to confirm it isn't valid for CNY travel as stated in the fare rules which I''m able to see on the work computer today.

FARE COMPONENT 1 ADT TPEPEN CX ISBTWFX PU 1 S
FCL: ISBTWFX TRF: 912 RULE: T054 BK: I*
PTC: ADT-ADULT FTC: BX -BUSINESS CLASS EXCURSION
TR.TVL RESTRICTION
BASE FARE

VALID FOR TRAVEL COMMENCING ON/BEFORE 15JAN 17.
Guess we'll have to wait a little longer then. :-)
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:02 pm
Original Poster

So, just to clarify...these "Business Save" I Fares and the usual "Business Standard" I Fares both book into the same I Class, right?

That is, if we make a booking on the promotional fare now, we should be able to make changes after 22.Aug as long as there is still an I fare available. Correct?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 8:24 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
So, just to clarify...these "Business Save" I Fares and the usual "Business Standard" I Fares both book into the same I Class, right?

That is, if we make a booking on the promotional fare now, we should be able to make changes after 22.Aug as long as there is still an I fare available. Correct?
The only things same for "Business Save" I and "Business Standard" I Fares are that passengers can earn the same miles and points. However, they may be of different POS, and have different fare rules.

If you make changes, you may have to re-ticket. I didn't read the fare rules, but most likely fare rules may not allow it, especially for the outbound.
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
The only things same for "Business Save" I and "Business Standard" I Fares are that passengers can earn the same miles and points. However, they may be of different POS, and have different fare rules.

If you make changes, you may have to re-ticket. I didn't read the fare rules, but most likely fare rules may not allow it, especially for the outbound.
From my comparison of the Fare Rules, here is what i see to be the main similarities and differences:

Cancellation of unused ticket: both allowed, at a charge of TWD 2,000 for BSav and TWD 1,200 for BStan.
Cancellation of partially used ticket: not allowed for BSav, and at a charge of TWD 1,200 for BStan.
Changes to inbound and/or outbound travel dates: both BSav and BStan allowed with no handling charge (as long as that fare is available)
BSav has more restrictions on allowable travel dates
BSav has 1-month validity for the inbound, and BStan has 3-month validity
Old Jul 23, 2016, 1:50 am

From my comparison of the Fare Rules, here is what i see to be the main similarities and differences:

Cancellation of unused ticket: both allowed, at a charge of TWD 2,000 for BSav and TWD 1,200 for BStan.
Cancellation of partially used ticket: not allowed for BSav, and at a charge of TWD 1,200 for BStan.
Changes to inbound and/or outbound travel dates: both BSav and BStan allowed with no handling charge (as long as that fare is available)
BSav has more restrictions on allowable travel dates
BSav has 1-month validity for the inbound, and BStan has 3-month validity
It is available for sale until 22 August. If you re-ticket after 22 August, I doubt if they can keep the fare even if I is available.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 3:18 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Not sure if it was part of the sale or not but booked an I fare TPE-SIN roundtrip for TWD$15,730.92 on Expedia Taiwan for early Jan 2017 departure.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 8:42 am
Original Poster

It is available for sale until 22 August. If you re-ticket after 22 August, I doubt if they can keep the fare even if I is available.
Does a change of flight after 22.Aug count as a re-ticket if the new flight has I class available?
Old Jul 23, 2016, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does a change of flight after 22.Aug count as a re-ticket if the new flight has I class available?
It is a re-ticket if you change your outbound flights.@:-) You will need to pay available I class fare at date/time of re-ticket.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
It is a re-ticket if you change your outbound flights.@:-) You will need to pay available I class fare at date/time of re-ticket.
I may be wrong about this, but it may require re-ticketing if the passenger changes inbound before the outbound is flown.

It is better to decide on the travel and not to change it. Promotional fare is not just based on booking class, and may just not be available anymore after 22 August.
Old Jul 23, 2016, 11:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I may be wrong about this, but it may require re-ticketing if the passenger changes inbound before the outbound is flown....
You are correct on official rules.^ Some agents will allow you to change inbound without refare before flying outbound, some will stick to the rules. YMMV.

The bottom line is: you cannot change outbound without refare.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.