Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Connecting from CX to UO at HKG: any tips?

Old Jun 26, 2016, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum MM; AA Gold; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold

Next weekend, my family and I will be connecting at HKG on separate CX and UO tickets. We will be arriving on CX #883 from LAX in business class, with a scheduled arrival time of 5:45, and will be departing on UO #706 to REP, with a scheduled departure time of 7:15. I intend to check in online for our UO flight before we leave the U.S. and we will only have carry-on bags.

Any tips for making the connection expeditiously, especially if CX #883 happens to be running a little late? I've never flown a Terminal 2 airline at HKG before. I'm assuming we can stay airside for the connection. Any security screening along the way?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:34 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Terminal 2 only handles check ins, terminal 2 has no gates. All gates are still at terminal 1, passengers who check in at terminal 2 merely take the people mover to go back to terminal 1.

In your case you will not even visit terminal 2 at all as you have OLCIed for your UO flight and you merely pass from [terminal 1] arrival gates to departure gates. QRC3288 has recently written a summary on how to do this for a similar morning connection from SIN http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26803215-post8.html .
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:45 am

Yes there is security screening, because you arrive in arrivals level, and need to go to departure.

If you don't have boarding passes printed out, or on your phones, you will have to go to the UO transfer desk to get them before going through the security check.

Note that most (but not all) UO flights now leave from the Mid Field Concourse, not Terminal 1, so you will need to get the train/ people mover from T1 to MFC. Although the flight on the 26th left from the North Satellite Concourse, which is a short bus ride from Terminal 1.

883 has been arriving on time/ early these last few days, so should be OK.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:12 am

Programs: BA EC
Once arrive Hong Kong, go to Hong Kong Express (UO) counters in one of the transfer zone. You will get your boarding pass from there.

Please be aware UO close there gate really on time and will not accommodate any late passenger. You will need to buy a new ticket if you are late.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.