Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Unable to select seat on business I fare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2016, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPC CXGO, IHG RA

Hi guys,
I have booked a return trip in business class fare I.
I was able to book my seat, but when I log back to my account a few days ago, I was unable to select seat for all of the sectors under this booking.

I already had selected my seats, so it does not really matter. But I just wondering if there is anything to be concerned?
I had called CX and they tried to delete all my seat selections and assigned me new seats but it did not solve the problem.

(The flight departs about 15 days later)

Thank you
Old Jun 26, 2016, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by rays
Hi guys,
I have booked a return trip in business class fare I.
I was able to book my seat, but when I log back to my account a few days ago, I was unable to select seat for all of the sectors under this booking.

I already had selected my seats, so it does not really matter. But I just wondering if there is anything to be concerned?
I had called CX and they tried to delete all my seat selections and assigned me new seats but it did not solve the problem.

(The flight departs about 15 days later)

Thank you
I am having the same problem with a booking made with the CX Vantage Pass. Cannot change any seat assigned for the four sectors.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Do you have CX Status and is your FF# attached to the booking ?

I noticed issues with seat selection more than 3 days out when I have an AA number with low status attached to the booking but if I put my CX# in I can modify seats.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MPC CXGO, IHG RA
Originally Posted by forumpersona999
Do you have CX Status and is your FF# attached to the booking ?

I noticed issues with seat selection more than 3 days out when I have an AA number with low status attached to the booking but if I put my CX# in I can modify seats.
Yes I do. Just read some other thread that seems like some people even with their CX DM cannot select their seat in J.

I also have bookings in Y this week and I can select seat without any problem, so seems like it is not about status and probly only an issue with J.
Old Jun 26, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: BA EC
I have called CX for this. They said if you are travelling on the bundle fare, you may not be able to choose a seat online. You can call them to fix the problem.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:02 am

I can't change seat online for all of my bookings, 4 in J and 1 in Y.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:30 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Not a bundle problem - I have a redemption ticket for this weekend, AM ticket, CX flight. Can't change seat online either.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
This website/IT issue has gone long enough...I don't understand why they cant fix it!?!
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: CX DM, A3*G, Accor Adv. Plus Platinum, SPG Platinum, Hlton Diamond
It is terrible, as I have 5 bookings ahead, most are D or I classes, and all cannot choose the seats! I have already tried to change bundle fare booking out of my CX DM number! But still not allowed to choose the seats!

Called MPC, and they just told already report to IT department five days ago...... How poor!
Old Jun 27, 2016, 3:07 am

Programs: BA EC
Originally Posted by derektin
It is terrible, as I have 5 bookings ahead, most are D or I classes, and all cannot choose the seats! I have already tried to change bundle fare booking out of my CX DM number! But still not allowed to choose the seats!

Called MPC, and they just told already report to IT department five days ago...... How poor!

CX website really terrible...
Old Jun 27, 2016, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by neofung
CX website really terrible...
Agreed.

I was able to select seat by calling in.

A bit of a pain, but not the end of the world.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 6:57 pm

Programs: CX DM
I have also been unable to change seats on several upcoming J class flights.

I called up MPC and they were able to put me in the seats that I wanted relatively quickly.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 4:41 am

PRoblem here too:

Just looked to change my seat in Y which maybe restricted, as I am S class on this flight, but normally as MPC Silver, it should be no problem.

Just have an assigned seat, but no option to change it… ha.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, CX MPC Green, DL Gold, TG ROP Gold, TK Elite
I am totally baffled. Have 2 separate bookings, both made at Cathay's website.

The booking in business class (I) where I've entered my OW Sapphire (AB) number currently doesn't allow a change of seat. But my other booking in economy (H) which has my MPC Green attached to it, does.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:59 am

All my bookings are "back to normal" now. I can select seats as usual.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.