Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

CX WILL interline to other oneworld airlines if travelling on separate PNRs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 12, 2016, 10:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Calchas
As of 1 January 2017, CX will interline on separate tickets to their airline partners once again.

to 31 Dec 2016 CX Agents' advisory http://www.cxagents.com/cxa/gc/en_HK/ln2
from 1 Jan 2017 http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...e-tickets.html

Ausbt article: http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...-baggage-rules
http://www.ausbt.com.au/did-oneworld...of-a-nightmare
http://www.ausbt.com.au/oneworld-air...ecting-flights

AA: will not check through separate PNRs (own or partner) https://ssc.aa.com/prmportal_enu/Age...%20Tickets.pdf
MH: still check through two PNRs (own or partner)
CX/KA: check through CX/KA separate PNRs. Will resume checking through to partners starting 1 Jan 2017 http://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_H...e-tickets.html
JL: Will through check. http://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/inter/161003.html
QR: will check through separate PNRs (own or partner) from 01 MAR. https://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-airways-ditches-oneworld-s-restrictive-baggage-rules
QF: Will check through QF to QF separate PNRs, will not check through partner separate PNRs (from 1 Sep 2016)
BA: Will not check through partner or other airlines' separate PNRs. WIll not check through BA-BA on seperate PNR's (as of 15 Nov 16)
IB: Will check through IB to IB separate PNRs
LA: will not check through separate PNRs (own or partner)
AY: Will check through AY to AY separate PNRs, will not check through partner separate PNRs
Print Wikipost

CX WILL interline to other oneworld airlines if travelling on separate PNRs

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2018, 8:22 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by sportsguymichael
This really belongs on AA but it did not work today at LGA. Agent said I would have to pick up the bag in ORD at take it to CX. I had my CX itinerary and my CX boarding pass but the AA agent said he could not do it on a separate PNR. We will see if it works the other way CX to AA on separate PNRs in a couple of weeks.
According to CX policy it will work.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
This really belongs on AA but it did not work today at LGA. Agent said I would have to pick up the bag in ORD at take it to CX. I had my CX itinerary and my CX boarding pass but the AA agent said he could not do it on a separate PNR. We will see if it works the other way CX to AA on separate PNRs in a couple of weeks.
Sorry to hear it did not work out for you. Like I said mine was at PIT and about a year ago.
Old Jul 10, 2018, 10:05 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
CX's policy is "Please note however that through-check may not be possible if travel begins with an airline that does not to provide this service." , and AA's is not check-through with separate PNR (same PNR then AA will).
On the other way, it should work, as the trip starts with CX.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EP 4MM, UA 1MM, DL 1MM
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
CX's policy is "Please note however that through-check may not be possible if travel begins with an airline that does not to provide this service." , and AA's is not check-through with separate PNR (same PNR then AA will).
On the other way, it should work, as the trip starts with CX.
It did work yesterday on CX from MLE to ORD (via HKG) and then on a separate PNR on AA from ORD to LGA just like SXC and Anderson Cooper said it would. Thanks for the good information.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:41 am

Had an exercise in frustration tonight. I'm flying HKG-ICN on CX on one PNR and ICN-LHR on BA on another PNR.

For what it's worth, I don't have any luggage. At Check In, the agent says she can't check me into a BA flight. Sends me to BA desk at HKG. Walk the width of the airport to the BA desk, they say they only have control over HKG departures.

Nevermind, go through security and go to the desk at 1st lounge. Ask to check in for BA flight again, get told it can only be done at check in. Persuade agent to try anyway, with a bit of attitude she says it's unable to check in. Tells me to check in online. I then check in online, but can't print it out.

So now hoping the transfer desk at ICN will print the next boarding pass for me.

The worst part is, my partner is flying KUL-ICN and the same ICN-LHR connection, again on 2 PNRs. MH was able to print out the BA boarding pass...
Old Sep 6, 2018, 4:57 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
@cx_newbie why do you need the paper boarding pass? BA will give you a mobile boarding pass and this will be enough to get you airside at ICN transit.

Since you don’t have luggage you won’t need to see the BA transfer desk. If you really do need to see the BA transfer desk, note that it is just the boarding gate during certain hours before the flight (I can’t remember exactly the hours from memory).
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:19 pm

Mrs. Global321 has an AA Business Extra award from HKG-LAX. She called AA today to add an award on CX from BKK-HKG. AA Agent was adamant that because it was two tickets, CX would not interline checked bags on separate tickets. I have read the CX page and it seems pretty clear CX will when it is CX to another OW carrier.

Does anyone have recent success with checked bags, CX to AA, on separate tickets? I would like to put Mrs. Global321's mind at ease. (And mine too)
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:37 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Global321
Mrs. Global321 has an AA Business Extra award from HKG-LAX. She called AA today to add an award on CX from BKK-HKG. AA Agent was adamant that because it was two tickets, CX would not interline checked bags on separate tickets. I have read the CX page and it seems pretty clear CX will when it is CX to another OW carrier.
The AAgent is wrong.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
AAgent is definitely wrong. Mostly likely assumed that since AA doesn't do it, no oneworld carrier would. Should have no problems. UNLESS, how long do you have between flights? CX may have a time, such as 12 hours, that they would not interline.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
AAgent is definitely wrong. Mostly likely assumed that since AA doesn't do it, no oneworld carrier would. Should have no problems. UNLESS, how long do you have between flights? CX may have a time, such as 12 hours, that they would not interline.
Thanks. Thought so.
Just the opposite in terms of time... 2 hours. Not long enough to comfortably walk to customs, clear customs, wait for a bag, go up to AA check-in and recheck.

With QR/MH/CX all interlining on separate tickets, you would hope AA/BA/etc starts to feel pressure to reverse this dumb policy.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 5:06 am
R2

Searched the thread and CX website but could not find the answer. I'm travelling CX SYD to HKG and then PR HKG to MNL on a separate ticket. Will CX check my luggage through to MNL at check-in in SYD? Thanks.
Old Sep 22, 2018, 9:59 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
Yes they will. PR is an interline partner of CX.
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...e-tickets.html
R2 and Global321 like this.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Travel on CX105 HKG-MEL, AS ticket. Then 3.5hrs after arrival (provided CX is on time), travel on QF630 MEL-BNE, BA ticket.
Dont need to check bag at HKG due to only standard carry on + personal item. But will need to drip bag at MEL due to the 7kg weight limit imposed by QF.

Can CX issue QF BPs at HKG check in for the QF MEL-BNE ticket?
Old Sep 28, 2018, 6:46 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Not on separate ticket.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by percysmith
Not on separate ticket.
Thanks. That is what I think but the folks on QF insist CX would. So I thought I would ask the question here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.