Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Checkin Signage

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 3:15 am
Original Poster

New Checkin Signage

I noticed this week new checkin signage in use both at HKG and TPE. It matches the new branding and looks stylish but the font is very small and for me at least basically illegible other than at close quarters. At TPE the overhead monitors had been similarly reconfigured. It looks like a triumph of form over function, and I had to get close and peer carefully to see which queue was which.
Old May 27, 2016, 7:57 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
It's because the oneworld "Priority" scheme is being rolled out across the alliance and includes new signage at check in/security/gates/lounges.

I am currently trying to find and post the images of these signs placed in OW hubs/outstations to this thread. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/onewo...ck-thread.html
Old May 27, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: CX DM
NRT was the first port I believe to roll out the new signage on May 20. Plenty of photos at :
https://www.facebook.com/groups/hkad...9979585386403/
Old May 27, 2016, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
LHR has had this signage with the new branding for a good few months now.
Old May 28, 2016, 2:42 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
I like the new signage. I think it's actually pretty clear when you stand near it for it to really matter.
Old May 28, 2016, 3:44 am

Programs: BA EC
It is good especially kicked out all the GRs in the business queue...
Old May 28, 2016, 11:56 am
tsz

They look pretty too IMO. Saw them when I was flying out of JFK on 4/27 (side note they also no longer use the BA counters there).
Old May 28, 2016, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by neofung
It is good especially kicked out all the GRs in the business queue...
GR is allowed JCL check in but WCL boarding.

LHR have had the signage since they moved to Zone C, it was the trial airport for it.
Old May 30, 2016, 7:26 am

totally agree on font signage being WAY TOO SMALL. You practically have to go near and peer closer to see the 2nd line of text. C'mon CX - those of us who earn MP status are no longer young teenagers
Old May 30, 2016, 11:36 am

Programs: QF Platinum, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Raffles Ambassador
I think they look really nice. As a designer, I always thought the old signs looked really dated and clumsy.

I just wish they'd do something about their priority tags, the current style looks so messy.
Old May 31, 2016, 5:42 am

Originally Posted by Matthew_22
I think they look really nice. As a designer, I always thought the old signs looked really dated and clumsy.

I just wish they'd do something about their priority tags, the current style looks so messy.
Agreed and agreed!

(Fellow designer)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.