Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

How long does it take for new status to reflect?

Old May 21, 2016, 6:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC SL

I am Gold until May 31 and will drop to SL from June 1. I am flying JAL on June 1 from the U.S to HK. Is my OWR going to be reflected on June 1 when I check in at U.S. or when I transit in Tokyo? Is there any chance it will still show OWS and allow me to access the lounge?
Old May 22, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: BA GOLD (OWE)/ CI EMERALD (ElitePlus)/ SQ PPS (*G)
I know I'm not answering the question but JAL do offer lounge access to PEY, even some Y fares. You can check it here: https://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/servi...ber/class.html

Last edited by oliver_dvs; May 22, 2016 at 1:32 am
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:15 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ Gold
Just writing on top of this existing thread as my concern matches the title.

I managed to get back to DM recently after being dropped to GO about 8 months ago. My app still says "Your upgrade to Diamond membership is in progress" for about 3 days now. So how long does it usually take?

I never consciously tracked it in the past but I'm asking as I have a flight tonight and obviously want the DM benefits for that flight. Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:22 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by fast03

I managed to get back to DM recently after being dropped to GO about 8 months ago. My app still says "Your upgrade to Diamond membership is in progress" for about 3 days now. So how long does it usually take?

I never consciously tracked it in the past but I'm asking as I have a flight tonight and obviously want the DM benefits for that flight. Thanks.
Interesting... call MPC.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 11:52 pm

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist

Agree with cxfan1960 that you need to call MPC, the first time I hit DM, we had to reset manually.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ Gold
Thanks and that solves it. Gave them a call and went back 30 mins and I could see the new status reflect now. Odd that you have to call to get that done. Cheers.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 3:02 am

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Thanks and that solves it. Gave them a call and went back 30 mins and I could see the new status reflect now. Odd that you have to call to get that done. Cheers.
It is usually done automatically and very quickly. Three days was way too long, but anything can happen especially with CX IT. That's why I suggested you call.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 6:27 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by FlyPointyEnd
Agree with cxfan1960 that you need to call MPC, the first time I hit DM, we had to reset manually.
Mine was set few hours after the miles posted, everything happened automatically.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Status update on the when travelling on the airline you are travelling with is normally fine...the issue is when you fly partners. It took OW airlines over a month to finally recognise me as an Emerald when I upgraded many years ago.

Even then, published benefits are not normally an issue, but you can forget about the onboard recognition, higher upgrade priority etc...walking into priority boarding queue with an account printout is not nice either.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Out of curiousity, would the different time zones make a difference?

For instance the traveller departs on 1 June US time, but the date in HK could already be the 2 June, which means that CX (assuming their IT actually works) will have had an additional day to process any change.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.