Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

What presently happens in YVR on the JFK-HKG flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What presently happens in YVR on the JFK-HKG flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 6:54 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by wcaldog
No lounge access in YVR when you fly HKG-YVR-JFK?
Its been years since I took CX 888 and stopped in YVR. I may be dreaming/misremembering but are there a few nicer seats set aside in the stupid sterile area for passengers in first class prior to the flight continuing to JFK? Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Not that I experienced - everyone was equal in the holding pen

Originally Posted by BOStonTravels
Its been years since I took CX 888 and stopped in YVR. I may be dreaming/misremembering but are there a few nicer seats set aside in the stupid sterile area for passengers in first class prior to the flight continuing to JFK? Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 11:33 pm

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
There is no separation between the classes in the holding "room". It is just a regular gate with doors closed off so you can't access the rest of the terminal. Everyone gets equal access to our nice clean air here.
QRC3288 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:05 am
Suspended

Programs: BA
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by teriyaki
There is no separation between the classes in the holding "room". It is just a regular gate with doors closed off so you can't access the rest of the terminal. Everyone gets equal access to our nice clean air here.
awesome, thanks, just as I remembered.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 6:04 am

A follow up in 2019

Hi everyone,

Can someone please confirm that passengers flying from JFK and continuing onto HKG will still be asked to remain on the aircraft at YVR during the stop over? Can you confirm that there's no additional security screening process as well?

Thanks very much.

Joe
Old Mar 2, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
Originally Posted by nyjoe4
Hi everyone,

Can someone please confirm that passengers flying from JFK and continuing onto HKG will still be asked to remain on the aircraft at YVR during the stop over? Can you confirm that there's no additional security screening process as well?

Thanks very much.

Joe
that was the case on my flight 2 weeks ago, all HKG bound pax were asked to remain on the a/c.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 3:21 pm

Thanks so much, shore9 - I really appreciate it. Can you tell me how long the transit time in YVR was?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:07 pm

I took this flight a few months back, we stayed onboard while they cleaned and prepped the cabin. On paper it’s 90 minutes but depends if they’re running on time out of JFK, and also I recall we left 10-15 mins early, getting into HKG a full hour ahead of schedule !
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:28 am

Great - thanks, bhyq - much appreciated.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
And what is the case in the reverse direction HKG-YVR-JFK now (In 2019)? I read somewhere else that someone said they were able to access the lounge in CX during the transit; can anyone verify or confirm this?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 7:39 am

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
And what is the case in the reverse direction HKG-YVR-JFK now (In 2019)? I read somewhere else that someone said they were able to access the lounge in CX during the transit; can anyone verify or confirm this?
Can confirm. ex-HKG pax are no longer required to stay in a glass room.
NetJets Germany likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
That would be a huge upgrade in passenger experience to be able to actually walk around the terminal, grab some food and pop into the lounge if you have access.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:52 pm

I'm adding my confirmation that HKG-YVR-JFK no longer has passengers put in the glass box! (I flew sometime around the March equinox.)

Here's some slightly less useless info, I guess, considering I appear to have revived a somewhat old thread :
  • Take note there's not really all that much time in the lounge/terminal, considering the transit security and stuff. I did nothing but have a shower (I'm not even particularly slow) and two minutes afterward boarding started. Still good to have the choice to roam, of course.
  • Lounge entry agent informed me (when asked) that changeover from glass box to free-roam happened only a "couple of months" ago.
  • There was no security 'interview' at the gate or on the jet bridge (at least for me? I was too tired to think about this deeply or pay attention to others). I'm not sure if that's the standard procedure here, because other US-bound flights have this.
antebellum likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Carlson/HHonors GLD, National Ex, Hertz Gld, AMEX Plat
Our very recent (this week) experience- Regular lounge, terminal, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anq1r9BWhyY
Old Jun 20, 2019, 11:56 pm
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
On cx.com CX888 still has transit visa warning but CX865 doesn't. Change in rule or bad programming by CX?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.