Wiki Posts
Search

Quality of Food In PEY

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2016, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Quality of Food In PEY

I recently flew CX881 and as usual I opt for the tenderloin. The portion was noticeably smaller than before, probably because of the new bento style bowls, and the beef taste so bland and hard that I think they must have just left it in boiling water. Now I know the previous version of this meal comes with some extra sauce, but the meat itself was always full of flavor (I always leave out the sauce) and cooked well. Was this just an isolated instance or the result of their cost cutting efforts?

I should add that their breakfast omlet was really good and definitely better than their previous western option.
Old May 17, 2016, 1:46 am

Having been on CX PE numerous time, it sound like hit and miss situation. It could be they over cooked the beef hence reduce in size and hard. I have not heard they are cost cutting into food again, maybe others could answer that.

They better not cost cutting food again, as I will be travelling on CX PE next week. I still remember in multiple regional flight in 2013 and 2014 the food was main meal were more or less not edible (econ and business), from what I saw most people didn't even eat more then 2 mouthful. However the food were better last year, I have yet to travel on CX this year.
Old May 17, 2016, 6:08 am

I think its more likely to be a one off. CX food is OK, never great but never as bad as you describe. In fact I have had two round trips in the last couple of weeks that were noticeably better than normal, although they were both to Tokyo.

My next long haul PEY is in 3 weeks so i will see if there is any difference or its just Tokyo getting better food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.