Wiki Posts
Search

CX881 Bulkhead in Y+

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2016, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
CX881 Bulkhead in Y+

Do these seats have more leg room compared to regular Y+ seat?
Old May 11, 2016, 10:52 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Yes, tons more, 31A and 31C, 32H/K are runner-ups, the others...I won't bat an eye.
Old May 11, 2016, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Yes, tons more, 31A and 31C, 32H/K are runner-ups, the others...I won't bat an eye.
With 31A winning over 31C as it has a pouch next to the seat where you can at least store an iPad Name:  cathay_2.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  265.4 KB

Last edited by gpia; May 11, 2016 at 11:07 pm Reason: Why does it keep showing the pic and not just the link
Old May 11, 2016, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gpia
With 31A winning over 31C as it has a pouch next to the seat where you can at least store an iPad Attachment 9064
Thanks!

Unfortunately for me the cabin is full and I got the last seat in 30F, middle of the middle section. Is it worth putting up with people passing you by to use the lavatory for just the leg room?
Old May 11, 2016, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by festriaqua
Is it worth putting up with people passing you by to use the lavatory for just the leg room?
Nobody will squeeze through in front of you. Not enough space when the footrests are extended, which they obviously will be. Pax will just walk through the adjacent galley to get to the loo ^
Old May 11, 2016, 11:49 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Nobody will squeeze through in front of you. Not enough space when the footrests are extended, which they obviously will be. Pax will just walk through the adjacent galley to get to the loo ^
Not sure abt that, stepping-over fiasco has almost always happened on all my 77H flights...

Thanks!

Unfortunately for me the cabin is full and I got the last seat in 30F, middle of the middle section. Is it worth putting up with people passing you by to use the lavatory for just the leg room?
I'd take 30F despite being in the way to the lav. 31AC, 30DEFG and 32HK are the only seats to have real legrests, and they make the ride quite a bit more bearable.
Old May 12, 2016, 12:15 am

Not sure abt that, stepping-over fiasco has almost always happened on all my 77H flights...
Oh? I must have been really lucky then, wasn't an issue on my flights so far. But either way, agreed and would go for 30F despite the potential foot traffic
Old May 12, 2016, 12:49 am
Original Poster

I'd take 30F despite being in the way to the lav. 31AC, 30DEFG and 32HK are the only seats to have real legrests, and they make the ride quite a bit more bearable.
Thanks! Will try to see if they can move me to either row 31 or 32 when I get to the check in counter.
Old May 12, 2016, 12:53 am

Thanks! Will try to see if they can move me to either row 31 or 32 when I get to the check in counter.
Note 32H is always blocked because it of the baby bassinet. Good chance it'll become available at some point
Old May 12, 2016, 8:04 am

32H and K are great seats and have better than normal legroom.

31A and C have unlimited legroom but personally i don't like seats without a window.

30D-G have good legroom but you will get a lot of people stepping over your legs to get to the toilet. G in particular also gets a lot of light spill from the toilet.

Also be aware the bulkhead seats have less storage room, if you have headphones, wallets, passports etc you can run out of space quickly.
Old May 13, 2016, 11:33 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Be honest, I never liked the foot rest; the sprint tension on the extenders are way too high to be of any use unless you want to stay up and alert trying to keep it stretched the whole time.

That said, I like the front row since you don't have to wake your neighbor when in a middle or window seat.

32H is blocked for baby bassinet, but I've never had trouble just calling the MPO and requesting the seat. Of course they will tell you that it may be released for baby. It's up to you if you want to take this risk.

With 31A winning over 31C as it has a pouch next to the seat where you can at least store an iPad Attachment 9064
Technically that pouch is for both passengers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.