Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flyer account

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2016, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Flyer account

Just checking in for a CX flight as a BAEC member and a new option is on the check in confirmation page to sign up for a 'Flyer Account':

Flyer Account Options

Title First Name Last Name Login Email
MR xxx xxx [email protected]

Register an account with us to save time and receive our latest offers!

Choose from one of our three flyer account options for faster bookings, easier booking management, as well as opportunities for rewards and a more exclusive travel experience on our airlines.

There is then a Sign Up button but the link is broken. I'm sure i've never seen this before?? Anyone know what it is? It would be most helpful if it's a way to save details for non-MPC members.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 5:15 am
Original Poster

I've since found this page which seems to explain it:

https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...omparison.html
Old Mar 5, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: Marriot Am, MU Pt
Yeah I saw this registered account option. It's nice since it lets you create an account but earn to another program.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 5:58 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
This option came up after the 2 day outage a few days ago.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 3:00 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

It seems that this "Registered Account" option is only useful if you make an online booking directly. I tried to add a booking to my registered account that was booked via a travel agent and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.
Old Mar 27, 2016, 5:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA & SPG Plat
Originally Posted by sxc
It seems that this "Registered Account" option is only useful if you make an online booking directly. I tried to add a booking to my registered account that was booked via a travel agent and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it.
Am I missing something here? If you're really a GO, then what's the point of having a 'register account', that your MPO doesn't provide?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Flying soon, and created account. For the life of me, I can not find my account number.

Help?
Old Mar 27, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: MPC,CA,MU,AF
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
Flying soon, and created account. For the life of me, I can not find my account number.

Help?
How about creating another account???
Old Mar 28, 2016, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Found the answer - I think.

You can be a "Registered Account" and you can have an "AsiaMiles Account". Two different things.

In my case, my registered account signs in with an email address and apparently does not have an account NUMBER. You can sort of manage your booking with the registered account, but I now have to enter record and full ticket number.

But, via AsiaMiles you can more easily see bookings, as along as the FF number is theirs and not another airline.

Is it too early (6am here) to drink?
Old Mar 28, 2016, 6:01 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Daffie
Am I missing something here? If you're really a GO, then what's the point of having a 'register account', that your MPO doesn't provide?
Because I'm no longer making bookings using my Marco Polo account.
Old Mar 28, 2016, 11:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA & SPG Plat
Originally Posted by cxfan1960
How about creating another account???
I agree with this philosophy ^

Originally Posted by NoStressHere

Help?
Next time, if you forget your AM # and remember which email you used, you could use this
https://www.asiamiles.com/am/en/account/forgotpin
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...n-request.html
Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:56 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sxc
The "Flyer Account" has been enhanced and there is now a box where you can enter the booking reference or e-ticket number, to store all your bookings there, even if you didn't make the booking directly online.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.