Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Does CX treat OWE better than CX Gold??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2016, 10:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX DM (OWE), Accor Gold

I just read this
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...x-jfk-yvr.html

Kinda of jealous because being a Gold, I have never been treated like that before. It raises my curiosity- does CX treat OWE better than CX Gold?

This thing is – my flights could only reach CX GO, not DM. However, if I choose another OW programme, there is no problem for me to catch OWE. Please share your ideas, thanks.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:04 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Apparently, yes onboard (or at least for Y class...) but no for op-ups

And it might depend on how elite heavy the flight is, if there are 50 DMs on board then it probably won't make a difference

Whether to ditch CX is a personal pref I guess. CX's redeemable miles earning sucks too much compared to AA, so I never bothered getting MPC status although the majority of my long haul travel are with CX in premium cabins.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:32 am

Programs: QF WP
As an OWE, I get treated quite well on CX. It's a bit like a DM-minus, in a sense. I also get the occasional op-up as well, although there are some routes where they can be quite DM heavy. In such cases, you'll just feel like another normal pax.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 1:15 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by wyskevin
I just read this
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...x-jfk-yvr.html

Kinda of jealous because being a Gold, I have never been treated like that before. It raises my curiosity- does CX treat OWE better than CX Gold?

This thing is – my flights could only reach CX GO, not DM. However, if I choose another OW programme, there is no problem for me to catch OWE. Please share your ideas, thanks.
I was thinking the same thing before I turned DM, and you know whats worse? CX DM's don't get the same treatment when flying with other OW partner airlines...we don't get ISM/CSM greeting, in fact on QR, you are treated just like any other pax.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 1:29 am

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
I'd have to agree that cx treats OWE better than their own GO. Only benefit I have as CX GO is that I can utilize AA lounges when flying domestic within the US but other than that nothing special as a CX GO over the past 3 years. I've over heard quite a few EXP's being ecstatic about getting the bump to J while we were boarding but yet nothing for me. Of course I have also been getting the red light as they scanned my BP but later just a thank you

Last edited by dek526; Mar 3, 2016 at 5:52 am
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:35 am

CX supposedly keeps tabs on all OWE/OWS who travel with them, so it may be the case that they make an effort with a OWE who spends more time on CX than a CX Gold does. For example I'm on 45,000 miles already this year not taking into account any cabin bonuses, but I stay with BA because I won't be in HK forever. I get treated fairly well but not as well as my other half who is DM.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dek526
I'd have to agree that cx treats OWE better than their own GO. Only benefit I have as CX GO is that I can utilize AA lounges when flying domestic within the US but other than that nothing special as a CX GO over the past 3 years. I've over heard quite a few EXP's being ecstatic about getting the bump to J while we were boarding but yet nothing for me. Of course I have also been getting the red light as they scanned my BP but later just a thank you
Doesnt CX GO get higher priority op-up than OWEs on CX flights??
If this happened to me, I would kindly write an email to MPC to express my "disappointment". As far as I know, for each op-up, CX ground crew must follow CX own op-up policy and write report to explain why this passenger get op-up. Im sure MPC would investigate your case and give you proper answer.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kesler.go
I was thinking the same thing before I turned DM, and you know whats worse? CX DM's don't get the same treatment when flying with other OW partner airlines...we don't get ISM/CSM greeting, in fact on QR, you are treated just like any other pax.
I think CX treat other OWE/OWS too well, when other OW partners dont treat CX elite members in the same way.. I also feel that CX should pay more attention on their own elite members onboard, rather than other OWE/OWS....

Last edited by wyskevin; Mar 3, 2016 at 7:41 pm
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA exp, Marriott Amb
CX doesn't seem to treat me any better as a OWE than they did when I was OWS...
Old Mar 3, 2016, 7:52 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
We don't know how CX prioritises op-ups anymore since they went to a "revenue" system. Personally I used to see a steady stream of op-ups as a Gold but since the new system was announced quietly here on FT have not had any op-ups.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...civ-score.html
Old Mar 3, 2016, 9:02 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
I think CX treat other OWE/OWS too well, when other OW partners dont treat CX elite members in the same way.. I also feel that CX should pay more attention on their own elite members onboard, rather than other OWE/OWS....
It all depends on the airlines policy,for example on S7,CX DM and S7 Platinum will be treated exactly in the same way for everything,including op up priority and everything else.

So unless you create a alliance wide recognition of status on board (which would be welcome),nothing is going to change.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: CX GO (in hibernation mode), AA EXP, SPG GO, HH DM
Originally Posted by wyskevin
Doesnt CX GO get higher priority op-up than OWEs on CX flights??
If this happened to me, I would kindly write an email to MPC to express my "disappointment". As far as I know, for each op-up, CX ground crew must follow CX own op-up policy and write report to explain why this passenger get op-up. Im sure MPC would investigate your case and give you proper answer.
I used to think so but with the changes going on I've come to terms that I paid for Y+ and that's what I expect to fly. Sorta become immune to other FF gloating about their upgrades while in line to board.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
CX DM (and other OWEs) get a free drink and snack whilst flying AA Y

My OWE on CX has almost always been exceptionally good. Personal greeting from the ISM and always a "thank for you flying with us again". I was curious and asked them how they knew I was a returning pax and they told me the iPad has all my info. Not too sure how CX tracks my flying with them since I only use my AA EXP number (do they track OAL FFP too?).
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:54 pm

Programs: QFWP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond
Erm, isn't that how it should be? OWE > OWS.

I'm QF Platinum, but if I was a QF Gold, I'd probably expect other OWEs (e.g. EXP, CX DM) to receive op ups over me.

If you're a CX Gold, and have the flying to reach OWE in another program, then maybe consider switching! First check-in, First lounge access, better chance of op-ups across the network etc...make OWE the winner everytime, IMO. Even if CX do treat their own relatively well.

Cheers,
Febs2.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:53 pm

Programs: CX DM
Originally Posted by sxc
We don't know how CX prioritises op-ups anymore since they went to a "revenue" system. Personally I used to see a steady stream of op-ups as a Gold but since the new system was announced quietly here on FT have not had any op-ups.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/catha...civ-score.html
I have far fewer op-ups than I used to receive even though I am DM, probably because my last year's flying pattern was QR, MH, AA, BA heavy rather than CX. So I have noticed that other status passengers get op-ups whilst I don't, and have been wondering if that includes OWE's who do a lot of CX flying.

Last edited by KACommuter; Mar 5, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.