Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DXB lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2019, 8:51 am

Thanks for the tips. What are the Ahlan toilets/showers like in T1? I'm just a bit apprehensive because Ahlan in T3 only has one(!) cubicle in the men's room, which is often left in an unusable state and very inadequate for a ~100-person lounge.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by ps107
Thanks for the tips. What are the Ahlan toilets/showers like in T1? I'm just a bit apprehensive because Ahlan in T3 only has one(!) cubicle in the men's room, which is often left in an unusable state and very inadequate for a ~100-person lounge.
one for male and one for female only, but the attendant was kind enough to take me to the Ahlan First Class lounge to shower...but then again Lufthansa had two only, but for both male and female.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 9:16 pm

Ahlan in T1 was great, thanks for the tips. Nobody was using the shower, thankfully, and there are plenty of toilets. The one in T3 only has one toilet cubicle and one urinal, and the shower is about a 2 km walk from the lounge.

​​​
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:30 am

I'm flying CX from DXB to BAH. The flight is at 8:15am. From what I understand, CX uses the Lufthansa lounge in DXB for Business passengers. All of the info I see regarding the DXB Lufthansa lounge indicates the operating hours are 1330 - 0200.

Where does Cathay send business passengers booked on flights earlier than the 1330 opening? Or are the posted DXB Lufthansa Business lounge opening hours not accurate?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:39 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
According to the oneworld site the BA lounge is open from 5.30am to 9.20am
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by sxc
According to the oneworld site the BA lounge is open from 5.30am to 9.20am
Is Cathay using the BA lounge in DXB? I don't have any kind of Oneworld status.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:49 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by TipsyMcStagger
Is Cathay using the BA lounge in DXB? I don't have any kind of Oneworld status.
LH https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_...l-airport.html
Old Jan 7, 2020, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by percysmith
Right. I posted three posts up that the LH lounge indicates opening hours are 1330-0200. My flight is at 0815, ealrier than the LH lounge 1330 opening.

SXC offered that the BA lounge opens at 0530. What I'm trying to determine is whether I will have access to the BA lounge since the LH is seemingly not open in the morning?

Is there not a standard lounge designation for CX business passengers outside of the normal LH lounge hours?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:00 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
As a business class passenger you can use any oneworld lounge even without status.

As to the official lounge used at that departure I don’t know which one it is.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by sxc
As a business class passenger you can use any oneworld lounge even without status.

As to the official lounge used at that departure I don’t know which one it is.
Thanks for the info regarding the Oneworld lounge.

According to Cathay's site, the LH lounge is the official lounge at DXB. But again, the hours seem to be somewhat limited. I guess I will use the BA lounge.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by sxc
I thought One World lounge access was based on status not class of travel?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 8:46 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by HarbourGent
I thought One World lounge access was based on status not class of travel?
Status or class of travel https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=DXB
Old Jan 8, 2020, 1:44 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
IME, CX uses the LH Lounge for the earlier HKG departure (it stated LH Senator Lounge on my BP perhaps due to Emerald status?) & I was told by checkin staff they use the Alhan First Lounge for the later evening departure (perhaps First because of Emerald status?). The LH lounge is very basic/weak. The Ahlan Lounge is very good for a contract lounge. The BA Lounge is available (as a OW lounge) but has zero catering (apart from nuts/cookies etc) for the earlier CX flight.
Old Feb 1, 2020, 9:08 pm

To follow up; for our 0815am flight, we were sent to the Ahlan business class lounge, which was quite nice. It was virtually empty at 0700am and had a made-to-order menu, in addition to some buffet items.

Not bad at all.
ernestnywang likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.