Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

2/21 and 2/22 CX101/100 operated by regional 330

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:21 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/b-lbk/

B-LBK (33Z) operated CX101/100 rotation on Feb 21/22. I wonder what the paid J pax/FAs felt! Has this ever happened before?

Maybe in the future we will see a 73Z last min sub to LHR...
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:02 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
My understanding is that this was because of a shortage of 777 pilots. And, yes, the J pax must have been somewhat less than gruntled as a result!
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by christep
My understanding is that this was because of a shortage of 777 pilots. And, yes, the J pax must have been somewhat less than gruntled as a result!
CX management is proving to be more and more incompetent these days
never on time ( don't blame China, CX should not be putting long haul 777's on regional chinese /north Asian routes)

Cannot hire pilots

Cannot put seat on a plane on time ( A350)

Cannot come up with a decent livery

Cannot hire decent FA's- the new ones are crap... QF is better

Cannot make a decent profit even though it has a hub at the most profitable airport and by fat the most profitable destination for competitors...

Cannot expand when there are limited slots- hands remaining slots to competitors

they seem to be losing the basics of running an airline

If Swire has given up they should just sell and go, Not Run the airline down to AI levels... ( meh the younger AI FA's are better than CX....)
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:38 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airplanes/b-lbk/

B-LBK (33Z) operated CX101/100 rotation on Feb 21/22. I wonder what the paid J pax/FAs felt! Has this ever happened before?

Maybe in the future we will see a 73Z last min sub to LHR...
It happened to me back in 2007 and I was in a paid J seat. And they gave me nothing as compensation, even as a Diamond back then. The reason was the plane went tech (apparently).
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:49 am

Programs: No longer Diamond and missing the good old days of CX
Originally Posted by Kachjc
CX management is proving to be more and more incompetent these days
never on time ( don't blame China, CX should not be putting long haul 777's on regional chinese /north Asian routes)

Cannot hire pilots

Cannot put seat on a plane on time ( A350)

Cannot come up with a decent livery

Cannot hire decent FA's- the new ones are crap... QF is better

Cannot make a decent profit even though it has a hub at the most profitable airport and by fat the most profitable destination for competitors...

Cannot expand when there are limited slots- hands remaining slots to competitors

they seem to be losing the basics of running an airline

If Swire has given up they should just sell and go, Not Run the airline down to AI levels... ( meh the younger AI FA's are better than CX....)
Are you a new reporter for Oriental Daily?
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:51 am

Programs: BA GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, BONVOY L/T GOLD,
Happened to me once too. I was on a J miles upgrade, and insisted they refund them (which they did - for that leg). That was a while ago when Diamond was good
Old Feb 23, 2016, 12:54 am
Suspended

Programs: None any more
You did better than me - I remember a regional 330 being subbed for a flat-bed J one back in the days when I was also a DM, and on a J upgrade for miles. They completely refused to give me any compensation.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:14 am

Programs: CX MPO DM, Le Club Accor Platinum, World of Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by sxc
It happened to me back in 2007 and I was in a paid J seat. And they gave me nothing as compensation, even as a Diamond back then. The reason was the plane went tech (apparently).
Wow, I got an upgrade certificate once when I complained about an aircraft switch to Regional. I was GO back then.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 1:55 am

Today's CX239 is cancelled as well, same reason?
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:20 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
http://www.pprune.org/fragrant-harbo...1-21feb-2.html

Its a bit negative as always but....no smoke without fire etc etc
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:28 am

Programs: Marco Polo Diamond, Flying Blue Platinum for Life, GHA Black, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by kchika
Are you a new reporter for Oriental Daily?
Either that, or he is one of those boring immature bores that post on another website devoted to the Fragrant Harbour.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 6:35 am

Programs: JMB Diamond,NH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, IHG Royal Ambassador Spire,
Originally Posted by DernierVirage
Either that, or he is one of those boring immature bores that post on another website devoted to the Fragrant Harbour.
curious but why do you say that?

I don't always agree with Kachjc but I find his opinion reasonable.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 10:26 am

Programs: CX DM, SPG Pt, Le Club Accor GO, Shangri-La GC Jade
Originally Posted by christep
Is Y really so full that makes flying a 33Z but not 33K or even 33E make sense?

Of course maybe CX thinks upgrading the PEY to Regional J as well as upsetting the original J passengers is better than accommodating I-don't-know-how-many IDB Y passengers if 33K is used...
Old Feb 23, 2016, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by jackrussellterrier
curious but why do you say that?

I don't always agree with Kachjc but I find his opinion reasonable.
I don't think you could call his post above reasonable... he just asserts CX gets everything wrong from the profit margin to the livery? If he truly believes that, why is he even posting here? It must be torture to follow such a bad airline so closely.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, CX Green
Originally Posted by sscywong
Is Y really so full that makes flying a 33Z but not 33K or even 33E make sense?

Of course maybe CX thinks upgrading the PEY to Regional J as well as upsetting the original J passengers is better than accommodating I-don't-know-how-many IDB Y passengers if 33K is used...
Upgrading from PEY to Regional J is nota big deal. The seats are actually pretty similar and it is hard to get a sleep on both of them. Maybe there is just too many Y pax and J pax are rebooked on ...let's say CX161

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.