Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

chance of short-checking bags from HK to LHR?

Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC SL

Flying CX255 and arriving at LHR 6:20am. Connecting flight to OSL at 12:55pm. What is the chance for me to short check my bags to LHR and pick them up there?

Thanks!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 11:35 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Did you get a cheap ex-OSL flight? I think it will be fine to ask them to check bags only to LHR.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: MPC SL
Yes ex-OSL to HKG and back!
Old Feb 17, 2016, 6:48 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I've never had a problem doing this (also true for BA flights from HKG) probably as I have status and speak Cantonese. If you're in J that would help too
Old Feb 18, 2016, 1:47 am
Ambassador, Hong Kong and Macau

Programs: Non-top tier Asia Miles member
Originally Posted by sxc
Did you get a cheap ex-OSL flight? I think it will be fine to ask them to check bags only to LHR.
I'm just curious since these are cheap tix on CX metal akin to ex-TPE (even if sold by BA right?), wouldn't CX have some skin in the game to prevent pax from practicing hidden city?
Old Feb 18, 2016, 4:52 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by percysmith
I'm just curious since these are cheap tix on CX metal akin to ex-TPE (even if sold by BA right?), wouldn't CX have some skin in the game to prevent pax from practicing hidden city?
I know that if you are flying into LHR on CX and then connecting to BA, logistically CX is fine if you collect your bags in London. If anything I've been told (mistakenly) I HAVE to collect and re-check.

As for dumping the last leg on returning to OSL, I don't know how CX enforces that. Especially when the last leg is on a different airline.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.