Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cx889 jfk-yvr-hkg

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by andersonCooper
Could also confirm. My flight was in July and I had the same experience as what collegeidol described for the JFK-YVR segment.

Side note - due to CX moving JFK operation from T7 to T8, you could no longer access the BA lounge at T7. Instead, if you have OW status or flying J or F, you should be able to get access to the AA Flagship Lounge (or Dinning if flying F) at T8.
Does this mean those of us non-status pax flying JFK-YVR will no longer get lounge access?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by knit-in
Thanks!

It would be J, so shall have to miss the Dining part, which I have heard great things about.
It is still way better than a normal Admiral Club experience IMO. I took a shower there and got some food - can't compared to CX J Lounge food at HKG but I would gladly take it from a U.S. carrier.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by hightide
Does this mean those of us non-status pax flying JFK-YVR will no longer get lounge access?
You get lounge access if you are in CX J or F from JFK T8, regardless of your status. I don't recon CX granted non-status Y or PEY pax access to BA lounge in the past?

Last edited by andersonCooper; Sep 25, 2017 at 2:43 pm Reason: Typo.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
It is still way better than a normal Admiral Club experience IMO. I took a shower there and got some food - can't compared to CX J Lounge food at HKG but I would gladly take it from a U.S. carrier.
Good to know re: CX lounge in HKG. Might be spending ~ten hours there. From what I have read it's better than JL at NRT, where I was for ten hours last month-- that was pretty great too.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:28 pm

Good to know re: CX lounge in HKG. Might be spending ~ten hours there. From what I have read it's better than JL at NRT, where I was for ten hours last month-- that was pretty great too.
Pier Business/First is my personal fav but it's usually far away from my gate (1-4). I would not settle for Wing. Or you could do lounge tour (I think CX has 6 in total in HKG) given the extended time you have.

If you arrive early in the morning (I think it applies to 889 as well) and cannot check in your hotel, try the Arrival Lounge. (J pax only, no +1).
Old Sep 25, 2017, 2:51 pm

Pier Business/First is my personal fav but it's usually far away from my gate (1-4). I would not settle for Wing. Or you could do lounge tour (I think CX has 6 in total in HKG) given the extended time you have.

If you arrive early in the morning (I think it applies to 889 as well) and cannot check in your hotel, try the Arrival Lounge. (J pax only, no +1).
I will be in transit only, so no hotel. Is it ok to lounge hop at HKG, or is it frowned upon? Any place to lie down for a bit for some shut eye? Massage/ massage chairs?
Old Sep 25, 2017, 3:50 pm

I will be in transit only, so no hotel. Is it ok to lounge hop at HKG, or is it frowned upon? Any place to lie down for a bit for some shut eye? Massage/ massage chairs?
Some space is available at Pier First, so is massage. J unfortunately does not qualify for Pier First, but Pier Business is ok(though you can't lie down but there are some chairs with Ottoman).

If you are OWE/MPC DM, you could access Pier First.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver
There are daybeds available at the far end of Pier J Lounge. Bring earplugs to ensure a better rest.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:10 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Originally Posted by sleepro
There are daybeds available at the far end of Pier J Lounge. Bring earplugs to ensure a better rest.
And even better, lockers at the same lounge so one can nap away carefree
Old Sep 25, 2017, 11:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
And even better, lockers at the same lounge so one can nap away carefree
Typed the reply earlier from my phone and didn't realize it was in bold. Didn't mean to yell here. Yes, those lockers are nice and big. Perfect for two standard sized carry-ons.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:34 am

Some space is available at Pier First, so is massage. J unfortunately does not qualify for Pier First, but Pier Business is ok(though you can't lie down but there are some chairs with Ottoman).

If you are OWE/MPC DM, you could access Pier First.
Unfortunately no status with OW.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by sleepro
Very good to know!
Old Sep 26, 2017, 8:53 am

Unfortunately no status with OW.
It looks like there are indeed places to nap based on other FTers responses. I have not gone that farther down the hall (I usually stopped at shower rooms ) and will take a look next trip as well.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:21 am

It looks like there are indeed places to nap based on other FTers responses. I have not gone that farther down the hall (I usually stopped at shower rooms ) and will take a look next trip as well.
We are learning something new everyday, my friend
Old Sep 27, 2017, 1:02 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
You get lounge access if you are in CX J or F from JFK T8, regardless of your status. I don't recon CX granted non-status Y or PEY pax access to BA lounge in the past?
Thanks for the info - I will be flying CX J

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.